App Screenshot Not Capturing

Stella006

Does anyone know how the app screenshot feature is supposed to work?  What should be the trigger for capturing a screenshot? Will it capture a screenshot at certain intervals while an app is on the screen?  Will it only capture a screenshot if the user taps on the screen while the app is open? Does it only capture a screenshot when the user first opens the app?  Does it capture if a user swipes or pinches to zoom in or out?

I ask because for me, the screenshot feature was not capturing much of anything useful.  I have tested myself - when an app is first opened, it will capture the blank screen with the app logo that appears.  Most of the time, it will not capture anything else after that, even though I know the app has been on the screen with content on the screen. I have tested the functionality; I tried tapping and swiping with those apps open to see if it will trigger a screenshot, and nothing. This occurs with Youtube, Facebook, Instagram and Google Photos, but it doesn't seem to be occurring 100% of the time.  Screenshots will be captured when the user is typing in those apps (which is not helpful because Flexispy already has a keylogger feature) and it does appear to capture some taps (for example, taps to like an Instagram story), but not others (ex., taps to view an Instagram story). Swiping interactions are not captured.

Is anyone else having this issue? Users can do many things on a target device without having to type on the keyboard.

• Stella006 changed the title to App Screenshot Not Capturing
On 6/21/2023 at 11:59 PM, Stella006 said:

Does anyone know how the app screenshot feature is supposed to work?  What should be the trigger for capturing a screenshot? Will it capture a screenshot at certain intervals while an app is on the screen?  Will it only capture a screenshot if the user taps on the screen while the app is open? Does it only capture a screenshot when the user first opens the app?  Does it capture if a user swipes or pinches to zoom in or out?

Thanks for your question.

Here's more information on how Application Screenshot for Mobiles behaves.

FlexiSPY will take a screenshot from any of the apps you've selected if the app is active in foreground and the user has either 

• tapped any clickable element in the app screen
    1. Clickable elements for example are buttons, hyperlinks, text, images
  • or used the keyboard to type 10 characters in length 

Actions that will not trigger a screenshot:

• Scrolls
  • Swipes

• 3 weeks later...

Might be an idea to be able to configure how the screenshots works.

• I.E. make screenshots on less or more than 10 types characters
  • Allow scrolling screenshots
  • Allow screenshots when buttons clicked - ON/Off
  • Etc

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Or, just like with the GPS feature, set screenshots to be taken at certain time intervals. 

For sure, screenshots are not capturing accurately in Instagram and Facebook. Consistently, only the opening screen of the app is captured, and nothing after that, despite taps on clickable elements on the screen (to navigate between features in an app, for example).

• Thanks 1