Why can I not root my HTC Desire HD

xxxnor

I have purchased the Flexispy Pro for Android. Downoladed the Universal Androot, installed it but get the "Failed ! NO ~~~ FU goo ~~~" message. Why is this and what can I do to fix this?

Android 2.2

HTC Desire HD

FlexiSpy Pro

Universal Androot can no longer be used to root that phone due to a change to the stock recovery that makes it impossible to root.

Please read below for an alternative - WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT MAY OCCUR AND YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desire-hd-desirehd-modaco-com/320722/19-nov-r14-visionary-one-click-root/

I have purchased the Flexispy Pro for Android. Downoladed the Universal Androot, installed it but get the "Failed ! NO ~~~ FU goo ~~~" message. Why is this and what can I do to fix this?

Android 2.2

HTC Desire HD

FlexiSpy Pro

You originally posted in the wrong forum, the Community (free) Edition for Android, which has now expired. This post has been moved to the Pre-Sales board for the benefit of others. You now have access to the Customer Only areas, please post in the appropriate areas for your topic.

It should be clear to all customers that only certain models can be supported. The Light version for Android supports most common Android phones, although specific models are listed as supported for Pro and Pro-X. During checkout you must select a supported model, and only supported models are listed as choices. If you select a model you do not have only to complete the purchase, please do not expect it to work on a phone that we either don't support or cannot be fully rooted.

FlexiSPY does not decide which phones can be rooted or not. Nor can we be responsible for which devices the Universal Androot (or any other) utility does or does not work with.

Please see this page for supported Universal Androot devices, and notice the HTC Desire listed in the UNSUPPORTED list http://www.talkandroid.com/16928-universal-androot-is-back-with-1-click-rooting-for-most-devices/

Please also take note that just because you may be able to root a phone (using Androot or any other program), this does not necessarily mean you can use it with FlexiSPY. During checkout you must select a supported model, and we only offer supported models to choose from. There is no reason to pick a model you know you don't have. We are not lying to you about what will work!

Additional note: If you are very tech savvy and you think you are able to fully root (as opposed to soft root) a device that we do not list as supported, try rooting it to see if that is successful first. If so, we'd be pleased to know about it, and then you could try installing FlexiSPY afterwards. Universal Androot may not be the only way to root an Android, but by far most people are not in a position to step through potentially harmful and very complex methods of flashing custom ROMs and Cyanogen mods, etc., and we certainly could not support it. We are working on alternatives, but the situation is similar to iPhone jailbreaking which has been around a little bit longer, and still needs updated utilities every time there is a new firmware from Apple. The difference with Android is there are many different manufacturers instead of a single model which always behaves the same way.

Please remember that you should be able to run Light either way, as this does not require rooting. In your case, you may wish to contact Support by registering at http://support.flexispy.com and then choosing Submit A Ticket, and request a downgrade to the Android Light version. If you've only recently purchased your Pro version, you should qualify for a partial refund of the difference.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Patrick33