Nextel Walkie phone issues

tsw

Has there been any progress with the walkie phones? I have only been able to get phone and location information, but never sms logs. This is a known issue with tech support. I was told they were aware that the walkie phones didn't work completely with the software and that they needed to get a walkie phone in order to resolve the issues. I am posting this in hopes that status updates would be communicated.

Which phones exactly are you asking about?

If a model is not listed as supported, this isn't really an issue it just means it is not supported. If you search this forum for discussion on various i-den models, you can see some history about that here. Blackberry's with an "i" in the model name are "iDen" compatible phones, running on iDen networks. Some or all features may, or may not work on these models, so we cannot fully support them.

If you are asking about non-Blackberry models, your mileage may still vary. Phones with two-way radios built into them are not standard compliant devices. They have proprietary technology that may change how other things are normally working. They are limited in the market, and only work on certain networks and/or with the correct type of service plan. To develop specifically for these phones we would need to develop within the same technical environment, and currently we think it is much more valuable to assign our resources to new features and products with more appeal in more accessible markets.

You may find that these models work perfectly, partially or not at all, but they are not listed on our supported pages and cannot be fully supported. At this time we are not working on this specific technology, but we may be able to do that at some point in the future.

I have an Android phone - Motorola i1. This phone is listed on the link provided on your site, but says "FlexiSPY LIGHT works with most Android phones" - there is no list saying which Android models it works on and which ones it does not. It does not sound like this issue will be corrected. I did not cancel my subscription when I found out sms were not being logged because from the support ticket comments it sounded then like this would be worked on and fixed. Now though you say this will not be fixed. I will not be able to renew at the end of the one year period since this phone model does not work for all features - and I feel I should get a partial refund for receiving a partial service.

Flexispy Light is what I purchased. The target phone is an Android Motorola i1 and is listed on the website. I believe if there is a known issue with the walkie phones that is not going to be corrected in the near future then those of us that made this purchase in good faith expecting full services should at least get a partial refund because we are only receiving partial services. I only get phone and location - not sms. I kept the subscription because I received communication that this issue would be worked on. It now appears that it will not be. Either I should receive a full refund and disconnect service, or a partial refund and continue the remainder of the partial service.

Flexispy Light is what I purchased. The target phone is an Android Motorola i1 and is listed on the website. I believe if there is a known issue with the walkie phones that is not going to be corrected in the near future then those of us that made this purchase in good faith expecting full services should at least get a partial refund because we are only receiving partial services. I only get phone and location - not sms. I kept the subscription because I received communication that this issue would be worked on. It now appears that it will not be. Either I should receive a full refund and disconnect service, or a partial refund and continue the remainder of the partial service.

Hi TSW,

I understand what you're saying. It would be nice if you knew that your particular phone was not supported. I totally agree, and I've requested a change on the checkout notice to reflect this. Our Android product is new, and there are many different Android models out there. As Ian noted earlier (and as our current notice states), most Android phones will in fact work with our Android Light. In fact all that follow standard compliance will, but these 2-way radio phones are not standard. We also do state in our KB articles that we can't fully support iDEN models. Therefore we do not provide a specific list of supported models for Android Light, only a link to general examples of Android phones (for customers who are unsure what Android is). Personally I was not aware there were any iDEN Android phones, but we are now adding this to the disclaimer during checkout for Android Light. Thanks for your help on this!

I do see you've already submitted a Ticket and have been very patient while we've researched this SMS issue with your iDEN phone. We appreciate that and we are responding to your issue. Our Support team will be getting back with you about this as soon as possible.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Patrick33