iPhone call intercept flaw

Magnums7

I have one huge complaint for call intercept feature on the iPhone. When I make an intercept call to target phone, it alarms the target user by the call waiting beeping noise. The target user will naturally take the phone off the ear to look to see who is calling. It will not say, but as soon as soon as the target phone comes off the ear, my call intercept will be disconnected.

How can I disable the call waiting beeping noise? There is an option to turn off call waiting function in the settings on the iPhone, however, this might prevent the call intercept feature not to work at all. Does anybody have some concrete suggestions? I'm sure I'm not the only iPhone 3GS user with this problem. It is very difficult to gain access to the target phone, otherwise I would be experimenting myself.

Thanks for all replies.

First of all, please gain access to the TARGET phone and a third phone and perform a standard conference call. If the same thing happens this this is a network issue and at this time we are unable to solve it.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, please gain access to the TARGET phone and a third phone and perform a standard conference call. If the same thing happens this this is a network issue and at this time we are unable to solve it.

Did you guys look into the idea of shutting off the volume for a second or so when the intercept is established ? It seems like a viable solution.

• 1 year later...

The beeps are usually provided by the network as a method of notifying all parties involved in the conference call. Due to the fact that the beep is actually issued by the network it is very hard from a programming standpoint to supress it or mute it in any way. As of right now the issue is known to our development team and whilst we are working to come up with a solution the issue still remains at present.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    hingheitsang