SMS commands

smashing

Hi,

I dont think my sms commands have ever worked? the monitor phone and target phones are both blackberry bolds 9700. .he sms conversations are not like other phones, they come in chat format, could that be the reason why? has anyone had the same problems?

Hi,

I dont think my sms commands have ever worked? the monitor phone and target phones are both blackberry bolds 9700. .he sms conversations are not like other phones, they come in chat format, could that be the reason why? has anyone had the same problems?

I think you're confusing SMS with Blackberry Messenger. BBM is an IM type application, popular between users of Blackberry's when communicating with other Blackberry users. SMS is a standard network communication protocol which all modern phones do support, including Blackberry. If a text is received on a Blackberry from a phone wich is NOT a Blackberry, it has to be sent via standard SMS. ALL texting on non-Blackberry phones is via SMS, there isn't any other form of network texting unless you're running an IM application (like BBM).

You said both your Target and Monitor are Blackberry phones. You cannot send the commands using BBM, you must send the commands via SMS text only. If you send the command over the common SMS channel it will work. Take note also that commands are CaSe SenSiTive, so make sure the first letter of the command is not capitalized when you send it (the phone will automatically capitalize the first letter of a sentence, so you need to correct that before sending the text). The default commands can also be changed, so be careful you are always sending the command exactly how it is currently defined in the program settings/menu/SMS Control screen.

• Like 1
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    polinkuer12