Blackberry 8530

giantjoint

Will flexispy work on the blackberry 8530

Hi, and thanks for your question. The 8530 is not yet supported, and is not published on our list. The reason is because we do not at this time support the Blackberry OS version 5.0. But we are working on 5.0 and hope to support it in the near future.

You can trust our published list of supported phones. If a model doesn't show up on our official lists, it either doesn't work or we can't officially support it (yet). You can check this list from the PHONES link at the top of our web site (www.flexispy.com). The direct link to the PHONES page is http://utilities.flexispy.com/checkphones.jsp

As an aside, the 8530 is relatively new and to my knowledge it is only sold with OS 5.0. Theoretically it should work if you could find one with an earlier version of the OS on it, though I doubt this is possible. As soon as we can support OS 5.0 devices we'll post a News Announcement and list those models on our PHONES page.

well gang, i haven't even installed Flexispy yet and I can see I've got a problem. I bought the BB Pro version with the intent of putting it on a BB Curve 8530. The main BlackBerry page makes it look like pretty much any BB operating above OS 4.2.1 will be supported. So...I went ahead and bought it for the 8530 thinking I'd be golden. Prior to trying to install, I was alerted to this Community site and lo and behold, Flexispy says that it won't work. So, what should I do? Try to install it anyway, then depend on the 100% refund policy when it won't work? Or ask for a refund now? If there's no way it will work, it doesn't seem to make much sense to fool around trying. I'd wait to install until Flexispy adds the 8530 to their list, but by then I could be well into my year's license AND be well over the 10 day money back guarantee. So, what should I do? Aidan

well gang, i haven't even installed Flexispy yet and I can see I've got a problem. I bought the BB Pro version with the intent of putting it on a BB Curve 8530. The main BlackBerry page makes it look like pretty much any BB operating above OS 4.2.1 will be supported. So...I went ahead and bought it for the 8530 thinking I'd be golden. Prior to trying to install, I was alerted to this Community site and lo and behold, Flexispy says that it won't work. So, what should I do? Try to install it anyway, then depend on the 100% refund policy when it won't work? Or ask for a refund now? If there's no way it will work, it doesn't seem to make much sense to fool around trying. I'd wait to install until Flexispy adds the 8530 to their list, but by then I could be well into my year's license AND be well over the 10 day money back guarantee. So, what should I do? Aidan

Aidan,

First of all, the next time you purchase please make sure you select the correct phone. If you don't see a model on our list of supported phones, that means its not supported. You have to select the model you are purchasing it for during checkout, so this means you selected any other model on the page to complete the sale. We do make it very clear exactly what models are supported. Even if you pick a supported model, there is also a pop-up warning before the purchase completes, alerting you that we do not yet support Blackberry OS version 5.0 for any model. You have to click OK to get past that notice. You shouldn't be surprised to learn now that the 8530 isn't supported, after purchasing for an unlisted model.

Having said that, we have been working on OS 5.0 and a new version is currently with our in-house testing department. As soon as it passes testing we will release it. But I can't tell you exactly when that will be, because if anything fails then it has to go back to development for an update.

Actually I would suggest that you go ahead and just request a refund within the first 10 days of purchase, and wait until 5.0 is officially supported. The reason is because even if you do get it to work right now, it will not be perfect. You'll certainly want to update it to the officially supported version as soon as we do release it, and by then it might be difficult to get the Target back.

But since you've already purchased it, you could go ahead and try. If you do, just make sure to very carefully test each function, including all the capturing options, remote sms commands, and also SpyCall. Because 5.0 changes a lot of the permissions structure, you may find that some things work while others don't. Make sure you don't get any kind of popup messages on the Target asking permission for a program function, when you send a command or when it connects to the server to send the reports, for example. And make sure the program isn't visible anywhere. It will never be accessible without knowing how to enter the secret code, but if it doesn't get the right permissions then its possible something may appear in a menu where it shouldn't.

Just remember to contact Support within 10 days of purchase if you decide to request a full refund. FlexiSPY always honors its refund policy, and sometimes extends it as long as you make contact within the first 10 days according to policy.

thanks very much for your reply, I haven't yet decided whether to try to install or not, but i found the info helpful. I do have to tell you though, no where in the checkout process did it ask me what phone it was intended for! I can't tell you why- but it didn't! Anyway, i'm really only interested in sms message recording and gps location. Any idea whether these are things that stand a decent chance of working on the 8530? Thanks again, Aidan

• 3 weeks later...

thanks very much for your reply, I haven't yet decided whether to try to install or not, but i found the info helpful. I do have to tell you though, no where in the checkout process did it ask me what phone it was intended for! I can't tell you why- but it didn't! Anyway, i'm really only interested in sms message recording and gps location. Any idea whether these are things that stand a decent chance of working on the 8530? Thanks again, Aidan

I understand what happened. You must have clicked the small link for Blackberry in the upper right hand corner of the home page. I looked everywhere to find out how this could happen, and if you follow the link from there then for some reason it did bypass the step of selecting one of the supported models. It must have been a development oversight. Most people click the larger "Buy Now" buttons and follow through the checkout process from there, which does take you through the model selection process.

I apologize for this oversight, and we've fixed this so all links follow the proper selection process now. As far as OS 5.0 is concerned, its in testing now and we should see our first 5.0 product update within the next month more than likely. Hopefully all product titles will be updated for 5.0 within the next month or so. But keep an eye on the NEWS section of our Support Center where all product updates and announcements are posted as soon as an update is available. You can RSS-subscribe to this newsfeed. Or you can choose to "Watch" the News Announcements board of this forum, which carries an updated feed of each News item as well.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ultratecwater2021