Gaps in Reporting

Anyone else have gaps in reporting. I will get events for a few hours and then nothing and then I will get events again but the events don't go back so it is like they are lost. Does anyone know if you send the restart phone smsm --- do you lose all the data? What about a send all immediate command?

Thanks

Anyone else have gaps in reporting. I will get events for a few hours and then nothing and then I will get events again but the events don't go back so it is like they are lost. Does anyone know if you send the restart phone smsm --- do you lose all the data? What about a send all immediate command?

Thanks

Restarting the TARGET phone will not lose data so please do that and then wait ten minutes and send the send immediate command.

It is perfectly normal to have gaps in reporting sometimes, due to Internet connectivity on the device. The connection isn't always available immediately when requested, and this may be queued if another application is using the data connection at that specific time, or if unavailable when requested then the program will attempt the connection again at the next regularly scheduled reporting time (user configured). You can always send "immediately send" command to make a connection on demand, but it helps to be a little patient even when doing this, in case there is any reason the connection isn't immediately available. Restarting the phone may help because this will kill any open processes that may currently be holding the data connection open, and will also reset all connections (in case the data connection has stalled out).

Another thing you can do is send the command for Diagnostic Report, which will confirm to you if there are in fact any events which have been captured but not yet reported, and also confirm the last successful connection date/time. If you aren't getting reports for a while, it could sometimes mean the phone is simply off, without signal, or that there just haven't been any captured events occur in that time.

Apart from the possible reasons alrady mentioned there is at least one more. The default display on the webserver is by phone time descending. i.e. the most recent event (by phone time) is the top line of the first page. With at least some phones, if the SIM is changed or the battery is removed for a period of time, on startup the phone will prompt for the current date and time and if this set incorrectly (or not set at all) the events may not be seen because the default display order on the webserver is by phone time descending. So use the little red buttons on the server time column to display by server time descending. Any missed entries due to misconfigured phone time will become apparent.

(I did put a suggestion in the new features post a while back suggesting a command SMS to set the target phone date/time to overcome this problem.)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    polinkuer12