does antivirus catch this?

phoner2day

The phone I wish to place this software on uses antivirus software and does manual scans frequently. Will the antivirus software catch this software? Additionally, the person using this phone regularly runs an "app killer" to shutdown all running programs. Will that shut this software down rendering it useless?

• Like 1

The phone I wish to place this software on uses antivirus software and does manual scans frequently. Will the antivirus software catch this software? Additionally, the person using this phone regularly runs an "app killer" to shutdown all running programs. Will that shut this software down rendering it useless?

Which product are you asking about? We support iPhone, Windows Mobile, and the specific Blackberry and Symbian models listed on the PHONES page at http://utilities.flexispy.com/checkphones.jsp

the phone I am installing this on is a Samsung moment.

Ok so that's an Android phone. You'll probably want to review the posts in our Android CE forum. Please remember that our only Android product is a free introductory version right now.

For Blackberry, Symbian, iPhone and Windows Mobile devices there are no anti-virus issues at this time. In the past we have taken measures to counteract this when it appeared on one of our supported platforms, but FlexiSPY is not a virus and most anti-virus apps do not consider it as such.

Ok so that's an Android phone. You'll probably want to review the posts in our Android CE forum. Please remember that our only Android product is a free introductory version right now.

For Blackberry, Symbian, iPhone and Windows Mobile devices there are no anti-virus issues at this time. In the past we have taken measures to counteract this when it appeared on one of our supported platforms, but FlexiSPY is not a virus and most anti-virus apps do not consider it as such.

thanks for the reply. You didn't mention anything about the app killer. Any idea if this software will get shutdown by the app killer? If this is all a trial and error thing and that's why it's free at this time, I understand. Just trying to figure out as much as I can before I install. Also, it seems from reading the manual that I am to come to the flexispy server to download the data, but I don't see where to do that from.

thanks for the reply. You didn't mention anything about the app killer. Any idea if this software will get shutdown by the app killer? If this is all a trial and error thing and that's why it's free at this time, I understand. Just trying to figure out as much as I can before I install. Also, it seems from reading the manual that I am to come to the flexispy server to download the data, but I don't see where to do that from.

Well,I don't know what app killer is being used or exactly how it works, but it can't be shutting down all processes or the phone wouldn't work afterwards. FlexiSPY runs several system level processes so these would not be shut down the same as an application that was run manually. If any of its processes do get shut down, they are restarted as soon as they are called on, like when the report timer is triggered for the scheduled transfer of data, or when you send a command, etc. So I really doubt this app killer thing would be much of an issue.

The Android CE is not a trial and error, its just a first release and is not a fully featured version comparable to our other platform versions.

I am not sure what manual you've seen, but the Android manual has step by step instructions for downloading, installing and configuring. It states exactly where from and how to download. After you sign up for the application and place your online order you'll receive a confirmation email with a link to the manual and full details of your account.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ultratecwater2021