Droid Eris (Verizon)

Hi to all,

Thought I would post a note and let everyone know the software installed and is functioning properly thus far on a Droid Eris.

General Questions:

1. Does the software activate GPS before taking a fix?

2. Does the software deactivate GPS when fix is done?

3. Is it possible to have more than one Android phone on an account? If so, how?

All for now.

Wes

Hi to all,

Thought I would post a note and let everyone know the software installed and is functioning properly thus far on a Droid Eris.

General Questions:

3. Is it possible to have more than one Android phone on an account? If so, how?

All for now.

Wes

on the target phone, can you see alerts about the data it is collecting anywhere?

on the target phone, can you see alerts about the data it is collecting anywhere?

The TARGET phone will not show any alerts that the program is capturing events and the only way the program can be accessed on the TARGET phone is by you.

The TARGET phone will not show any alerts that the program is capturing events and the only way the program can be accessed on the TARGET phone is by you.

I beg to disagree, at least on on Motorola's Droid. I don't want to go against protocol by detailing where I observed the alerts but if I found them, I know the target phone user will too. I understand this is only the beta version and is not hidden but for me, this defeats the purpose.

I beg to disagree, at least on on Motorola's Droid. I don't want to go against protocol by detailing where I observed the alerts but if I found them, I know the target phone user will too. I understand this is only the beta version and is not hidden but for me, this defeats the purpose.

I don't understand what is meant by "alerts". Certainly there is no program activity that displays any "alerts" or notices. There are no popups, no screen displays, and no other activity that identifies either the program or its functions. If that is not your experience, we are sincerely interested in knowing about it.

Part of the purpose of the free Community Edition is to get your feedback about the product, and also to test the product on a mass scale to make sure its performing as expected. So far we are pretty happy with those results. It seems the software is doing what its expected by capturing and reporting the data, not crashing the phone and not overtly announcing itself. Again, if your own experience is different from this or if you have more specific feedback you'd like to share, this is part of why we offered this version for free. I would appreciate if you could PM me with any specific details you think may be important. Or you could submit a Ticket from our Support Center with your general feedback.

While the free CE version is in fact discreet and does not announce itself in any way, it also cannot be compared to same standards of our professional products. The forthcoming commercial version will be held to a more critical standard, similar to our other commercial versions. We believe the emerging Android market is potentially very important, and we are serious about this platform.

Hi to all,

General Questions:

All for now.

Wes

CW,

GPS/Location services must be turned on in order for the application to get a true satellite fix (autonomous GPS), however if the GPS unit isn't on then it will request location from network assisted services. Usually this is available, but the exact reported location might not be 100% accurate all the time, that just depends on the information it gets from the network. This is also what it will do even if GPS is turned on, if the phone is indoors or otherwise can't get a signal lock onto an actual satellite. At least on Android, GPS doesn't seem to take as much battery power as some other types of phones do, and there's enough social networking and location based applications that a lot of people have GPS services turned on by default and don't even know it. It shouldn't be a big deal for most people to have this enabled all the time.

You cannot installed the same license key on multiple devices. You can deactivate the software (FlexiKEY) and then activate the same key onto another device, but a single license can only be active on a single device at a time. To operate two Target phones at the same time, you'd need two licenses/FlexiKEY's.

1]

settings > ...

2]

settings > ...

Alpa,

I did ask that you PM me about these details. Its not a secret, but its better for everyone using the app if these details aren't posted in the open. This is not a design flaw, we are aware that the application adds some program entries that could be found, if someone knew exactly what to look for. But these are not "alerts". There is nothing that names "FlexiSPY" anywhere on the device, no program icons, no popups or any other type of user alert that occurs when the software performs one of its functions, and no way to access the program without knowing the secret code. For a free program, that is pretty good. Please understand the purpose of this application, and that the forthcoming commercial version will be held to the same discreet standards our other commercial applications are held to.

We are more interested in your feedback regarding its general performance, and your general experience of using the software. So far so good. The next version will add additional features and further improvements.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    muffingrove