Anyone knows what is going on here? Two Windows User Accounts, and only getting data from my own...

Annie

Hi guys, brand new user here in the Community, though I have been a business user of Flexispy previously and it worked really well then, though last time, I installed it on a phone and this time it is a laptop.

Ok, so, your wisdom and input would be greatfully received. Please do throw your thoughts my way even if just hazy ones... :) 

I have a Win10 laptop onto which I installed Flexispy two days ago. The laptop is my own and is shared by an employee I need to monitor. 

However, so far, it has sent me data from the target device only when I have been using the machine myself--handy, huh? So at the moment, the system is telling me what I am doing. ha. That would be handy if I had memory issues but... 

But since I handed it back to the employee late on 2nd Feb., he has been logging in using his own Microsoft User Account (to which I also have access) and there has not been any data pushed out to me aside from one indicator that he had logged onto the network, and nothing more after that. Now as we sit and work in adjacent workspaces, I saw him using the device all day long and know he was working on documents but also, I assume he would have been web browsing which is what I am keen to keep an eye on. In fact, at one stage we discussed something he had 'Googled' and still nothing showed in terms of activity logs!

So, if all day on 1st February, Flexispy sent hundreds of logs and screenshots when I was the user (under my own Microsoft account login) why is it not sending me any of his activity when he is logged in under his own Microsoft User Account?

Could it mean the laptop 'as a whole' is not monitored and that the software is only monitoring the Microsoft account I was logged into when I installed the software...rather than monitoring the device as a whole? If so, that would be a disaster. 😬

Or do you think the fact I received data all day on 1st Feb when I was using it myself, then received nothing yesterday when the employee used it under his own account, is more a coincidence of timing -- and that maybe the push server is down, accounting for why no data?

I should add, on 1st Feb, I also logged into the employee's Microsoft User Account and I conducted test activity then, and this DID generate a plethora of pushed screenshots and logs! But having handed it back to him, zero, zilch, nada. 

I have been mooting also--could it be that Windows Defender is interfering somehow when he uses it as a standard user (whereas I am admin)--or even that he is altering one of the security settings? But if that were the case, the keylogger should have caught him doing that in the first instance. 

One thing to add is that te only security on the device is Win Defender, and I was unable to have any success in applying the file exceptions that Flexispy says are needed (to ensure the security software or apps bypass flexispy files). If it were not for the fact that it worked all day when I was on it myself, I'd have said Defender may be the issue... but it did work brilliantly for at least 20 hours on day 1 when I was the sole user under my own Microsoft User Account. 

A final note, the syncs seem to be fine, i.e. it's showing regular syncing even if no data is arriving.

I'm stumped. All thoughts very welcome!

Annie

Edited by Annie
typing error...I am a perfectionist!