Android 2.1

Will this Android CE version work with the just released Android 2.1, if so are the installation instructions the same? I was told that Android 2.1 was not allowing 3rd party apps to be installed but they had to be approved and downloaded from the market? is this true?

Will this Android CE version work with the just released Android 2.1, if so are the installation instructions the same? I was told that Android 2.1 was not allowing 3rd party apps to be installed but they had to be approved and downloaded from the market? is this true?

I will speak with our engineers about this.

I will speak with our engineers about this.

Any more information on this. I want to know if this version will work with the newly-released Droid Incredible (Verizon, which runs V2.1 of Android.

According to our tests here, 2.1 is compatible. Most of our testing experience is with HTC models, but we are not aware of any specific devices that are not compatible, and 2.1 should be fine. Both 1.x and 2.x allow the option to install 3rd party apps outside of the Android market, so this should not be an issue.

According to our tests here, 2.1 is compatible. Most of our testing experience is with HTC models, but we are not aware of any specific devices that are not compatible, and 2.1 should be fine. Both 1.x and 2.x allow the option to install 3rd party apps outside of the Android market, so this should not be an issue.

Any actual experience with the HTC Incredible and v 2.1 working? Thanks

Any actual experience with the HTC Incredible and v 2.1 working? Thanks

Specific models should not make a difference, or at least they shouldn't be expected to. We don't develop for specific models, but for the Operating System. Any phone that uses the Android OS should conform to the same standard Android development criteria and the same programming API's. Android really hasn't been around long enough for manufacturers to start hacking the OS with lots of proprietary designs and there would be licensing requirements as well, so I wouldn't be too worried about this for now. The only reports we have received that suggest any specific model might have a problem, would be the Samsung Moment, but still unconfirmed. Its a free app, please try. Then let us know if you do experience any problems installing or running it.

• 2 months later...
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Patrick33