Grabbing sms texts without Internet Connection

grace876

Hello,

I have a complex problem, my target phone is a Blackberry 8700g. There is no data plan or Internet plan for the phone, the user has no use for it. Also does not have a wi-fi connection.

I have regular access to the phone and I need to know what is being text messaged. I have access to all the phone use logs so that is of no importance to me. Is there no software that is like a keylogger that will stealthily record text messages for later in person retrieval when I have the phone in my hand?

I have found a background program (sms forwarder) that will quietly automatically forward all texts to another phone, but I'm not sure I can get it on the phone without an Internet connection. But this also presents two problems. The other person may be around sometimes when a text is forwarded, hard to explain, and we have a provider that records the number, date and time for each text so there will be a traceable record of each forwarding activity, I am guessing, on the activity logs for the phone with each month's bill.

Any suggestions to solve my dilemma? All I want to do it see SMS texts that are being deleted from the phone.

Hello,

I have a complex problem, my target phone is a Blackberry 8700g. There is no data plan or Internet plan for the phone, the user has no use for it. Also does not have a wi-fi connection.

I have regular access to the phone and I need to know what is being text messaged. I have access to all the phone use logs so that is of no importance to me. Is there no software that is like a keylogger that will stealthily record text messages for later in person retrieval when I have the phone in my hand?

I have found a background program (sms forwarder) that will quietly automatically forward all texts to another phone, but I'm not sure I can get it on the phone without an Internet connection. But this also presents two problems. The other person may be around sometimes when a text is forwarded, hard to explain, and we have a provider that records the number, date and time for each text so there will be a traceable record of each forwarding activity, I am guessing, on the activity logs for the phone with each month's bill.

Any suggestions to solve my dilemma? All I want to do it see SMS texts that are being deleted from the phone.

Added 5/21/10 - I have an additional question. I'm reading in many places that an unlocked Blackberry can still be configured to use the Internet on T-Mobiles GPRS/EDGE network, even without a data plan. You have to go in and manually input some APN user settings to activate the data connection on the phone. Even though you are not signed up for a data plan, you can send data over this connection to the web, you will just get charged per the actual usage. Does this sound correct? If so, does anyone know what T-Mobile charges for data (per MB for example) use when not on one of their data plans? If the phone was just sending out the reports every few days, I would think the data usage numbers would be very light.

Thanks Again!

Added 5/21/10 - I have an additional question. I'm reading in many places that an unlocked Blackberry can still be configured to use the Internet on T-Mobiles GPRS/EDGE network, even without a data plan. You have to go in and manually input some APN user settings to activate the data connection on the phone. Even though you are not signed up for a data plan, you can send data over this connection to the web, you will just get charged per the actual usage. Does this sound correct? If so, does anyone know what T-Mobile charges for data (per MB for example) use when not on one of their data plans? If the phone was just sending out the reports every few days, I would think the data usage numbers would be very light.

Thanks Again!

Your post doesn't really belong in the FlexiSPY Pre-Sales forum, you may have better luck posting in one of the other forums for general topics.

However, a data plan would be a specific blackberry plan, which would be your best and most economic choice. Although all GSM networks such as AT&T or T-Mobile have generic Internet APN's available (access points), that can be used by any phone on the network. Blackberry has its own type of plan, but you can still use the standard tcp/ip internet access this other way. You just need to ask the provider what the GPRS APN is that can be used. You may not want to tell them its a blackberry or they may pressure you to sign up for the Blackberry plan, and some reps who don't know any better may even tell you that the Blackberry can't use the GPRS access point, but you can. You can find it by doing an online search as well I'm sure, its just something you need to type into the Options/TCP/access point menu field.

The cost of the service still depends on what kind of plan you have. If you don't sign up for any type of plan, you'll just have to ask the provider what the charge would be for generic use of the APN.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Phil83