FlexiRecord with different types of monitor/target phones

In the system requirements for the FlexiRecord you mentioned that ProX Flexispy should be installed on either Symbian or Windows Mobile target phone. Is it possible to use FlexiRecord with Windows Mobile activated cell phone as a monitor, when ProX software is installed on iPhone 3 (as a target phone)? Can you provide more information on the details of connection during intercept, if this combination of monitor/target phones is possible? Will you hear any beep, or additional textual information on the screen of the target phone during recording?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

In the system requirements for the FlexiRecord you mentioned that ProX Flexispy should be installed on either Symbian or Windows Mobile target phone. Is it possible to use FlexiRecord with Windows Mobile activated cell phone as a monitor, when ProX software is installed on iPhone 3 (as a target phone)? Can you provide more information on the details of connection during intercept, if this combination of monitor/target phones is possible? Will you hear any beep, or additional textual information on the screen of the target phone during recording?

Thank you.

As long as the TARGET phone is running Pro-X it will work. When everything is connected properly you should not hear any beeps or anything like that and the TARGET will not know that they are being recorded.

• 5 weeks later...

I think Flexirecord is interesting. I have not used it yet. I do not use the Flexispy Pro X program to intercept calls in progress because on my system (ATT Wireless) the target phone's user will hear a "beep" tone on his/her call when the intercept call is made and this is dangerous.

... Will you hear any beep, or additional textual information on the screen of the target phone during recording?

Thank you.

Ian, can you clarify this part of the OP question? Thank you!

Ian, can you clarify this part of the OP question? Thank you!

I'll answer this. The thing to understand is that using FlexiRECORD doesn't change or affect how the Intercept Call is working at all. The ONLY thing FlexiRECORD is doing is causing the Monitor phone to automatically make the Intercept Call whenever the Monitor phone receives one of the Pro-X Watch List notices (from the Target phone, alerting you of a call in progress according to how you've configured it), and then automatically recording that call onto the PC's hard drive.

The actual operation of the Intercept Call isn't any different than when you do it yourself without FlexiRECORD's involvement. So if there is normally a beep heard on the Target when you're Intercept patches in, nothing will change.

But not everyone does hear the beep when you patch in. This may depend on the network providing service, the model of the Target phone itself or a combination of both. I know of at least some cases where the ATT Tilt (aka HTC 8925, etc.) did not produce an audible beep when used as a Target phone. But other customers using the same model as a Target phone did hear the beep.

We have tried to fully suppress this Intercept beep in software on the Symbian platform, and this usually works. If you have Pro-X for Symbian there is a setting in the program menu to disable the beep, and this is set by default. Even on Symbian there are a few models that could produce a negative effect when doing this, so the feature can be disabled if necessary. Still, if you have a choice then I would go with a Symbian model for Pro-X as the beep is usually silenced successfully. We just can't do this on the other platforms yet, where you may or may not hear that beep when doing an Intercept Call.

Regarding FlexiRECORD, again this is irrelevant. FlexiRECORD is just going to perform Intercept Calls and record them automatically. The nice thing about Record is that you can simply leave it in unattended mode and record all calls that match your Watch List settings. But it doesn't change anything about how the Intercept works. That's a function of Pro-X itself. Record just records.

I'll answer this. The thing to understand is that using FlexiRECORD doesn't change or affect how the Intercept Call is working at all. The ONLY thing FlexiRECORD is doing is causing the Monitor phone to automatically make the Intercept Call whenever the Monitor phone receives one of the Pro-X Watch List notices (from the Target phone, alerting you of a call in progress according to how you've configured it), and then automatically recording that call onto the PC's hard drive.

The actual operation of the Intercept Call isn't any different than when you do it yourself without FlexiRECORD's involvement. So if there is normally a beep heard on the Target when you're Intercept patches in, nothing will change.

But not everyone does hear the beep when you patch in. This may depend on the network providing service, the model of the Target phone itself or a combination of both. I know of at least some cases where the ATT Tilt (aka HTC 8925, etc.) did not produce an audible beep when used as a Target phone. But other customers using the same model as a Target phone did hear the beep.

We have tried to fully suppress this Intercept beep in software on the Symbian platform, and this usually works. If you have Pro-X for Symbian there is a setting in the program menu to disable the beep, and this is set by default. Even on Symbian there are a few models that could produce a negative effect when doing this, so the feature can be disabled if necessary. Still, if you have a choice then I would go with a Symbian model for Pro-X as the beep is usually silenced successfully. We just can't do this on the other platforms yet, where you may or may not hear that beep when doing an Intercept Call.

Regarding FlexiRECORD, again this is irrelevant. FlexiRECORD is just going to perform Intercept Calls and record them automatically. The nice thing about Record is that you can simply leave it in unattended mode and record all calls that match your Watch List settings. But it doesn't change anything about how the Intercept works. That's a function of Pro-X itself. Record just records.

Thank you for the speedy reply.

PRO X is a good product...better than any other...but the intercept call function will have limited functionality in the case of an iphone target using the ATT wireless network. Therefore, Flexirecord will have limited functionality if users attempt to monitor an iphone target that is using the ATT network.

Thank you for the speedy reply.

PRO X is a good product...better than any other...but the intercept call function will have limited functionality in the case of an iphone target using the ATT wireless network. Therefore, Flexirecord will have limited functionality if users attempt to monitor an iphone target that is using the ATT network.

As Christian has said, the way that call intercept performs with Pro-X will be copied exactly when using Flexirecord to record the calls that you have patched in to.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Patrick33