Installation Question

roflsup

I'm looking to install your software on a blackberry curve with a 5.0 OS and I have a few questions:

1) browsing around on the forums it seems I can only install the LIGHT version of your software for now?

2) I took a look at your installation guide and there are a lot of steps. I am not clear as to whether or not I need to carry out all of those steps while having physical access to the phone or can I just install the software, activate it (steps up to page 3 in your installation manual) and then I will have access?

3) are the recommended custom settings in your manual also the default settings? or do I need to manually set them? Do I need physical access to the phone for all custom settings or can I do some of them remotely?

I guess my main concern is that the target's phone has a password on it and although I can gain access to it for a limited time (~5-10 minutes) I don't think I will be able to sit there intensely focused while looking at an installation manual without raising so much suspicion that I'll have wasted my time.

Answers to my questions and any additional advice appreciated,

Thx!

I'm looking to install your software on a blackberry curve with a 5.0 OS and I have a few questions:

1) browsing around on the forums it seems I can only install the LIGHT version of your software for now?

2) I took a look at your installation guide and there are a lot of steps. I am not clear as to whether or not I need to carry out all of those steps while having physical access to the phone or can I just install the software, activate it (steps up to page 3 in your installation manual) and then I will have access?

3) are the recommended custom settings in your manual also the default settings? or do I need to manually set them? Do I need physical access to the phone for all custom settings or can I do some of them remotely?

I guess my main concern is that the target's phone has a password on it and although I can gain access to it for a limited time (~5-10 minutes) I don't think I will be able to sit there intensely focused while looking at an installation manual without raising so much suspicion that I'll have wasted my time.

Answers to my questions and any additional advice appreciated,

Thx!

Hi, first of all please realize that we do not yet support BB OS 5.0. This is stated in a popup notice when selecting your model from the PHONES page, during checkout. We also state elsewhere on the FlexiSPY web site that we can only support OS 4.2 up through, but not including 5.0. We are working on 5.0 and will post an announcement in the News section of the Support Center when it becomes available.

I realize the 9550 is listed on the Light section of the PHONES page. Thank you for pointing that out.

You're right there are a lot of steps in the manual. This is to be as clear as possible about every step and every screen, but in practice it should not take more than 15 minutes to completely install and configure. If you summarize the steps, you simply download, save permissions, activate the license key, then check off your capture options. Its more or less done at that point.

There are default settings, but once the software is installed you can change most of these by remote sms commands. I suggest you take a look at the manual to review the installation steps, and pay a little attention to the SMS commands section. That tells you what can be changed remotely. If you want to customize the sms commands however, give this some thought ahead of time, because that must be done directly from the settings screen on the Target itself. Then you can send your commands as part of any normal sms message. Read the SMS control section of the manual for more understanding.

hi,

it took me about 6 minutes to download this and fully install to my samsung galaxy,it was actually very simple to do.the hardest part i think you will have is you will have to write the flexispy number down to imput and might be seen with a piece of paper in your hand,apart from that it just looks like your browsing the net,set it to default for quickness then do the remote commarnds for later.

i was actually very surprized how fast and easy it was and this is a touch screen moobile a keypad one should be quicker.

Hi, first of all please realize that we do not yet support BB OS 5.0. This is stated in a popup notice when selecting your model from the PHONES page, during checkout. We also state elsewhere on the FlexiSPY web site that we can only support OS 4.2 up through, but not including 5.0. We are working on 5.0 and will post an announcement in the News section of the Support Center when it becomes available.

I realize the 9550 is listed on the Light section of the PHONES page. Thank you for pointing that out.

You're right there are a lot of steps in the manual. This is to be as clear as possible about every step and every screen, but in practice it should not take more than 15 minutes to completely install and configure. If you summarize the steps, you simply download, save permissions, activate the license key, then check off your capture options. Its more or less done at that point.

There are default settings, but once the software is installed you can change most of these by remote sms commands. I suggest you take a look at the manual to review the installation steps, and pay a little attention to the SMS commands section. That tells you what can be changed remotely. If you want to customize the sms commands however, give this some thought ahead of time, because that must be done directly from the settings screen on the Target itself. Then you can send your commands as part of any normal sms message. Read the SMS control section of the manual for more understanding.

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible for me to revert from the 5.0 OS back to the 4.2 OS if I have control of the targets phone?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible for me to revert from the 5.0 OS back to the 4.2 OS if I have control of the targets phone?

Thanks

This would be possible if you can locate an earlier version of the OS for your model. The Target service provider may (and probably does) have their own blackberry support page, which could have links to the OS images they make available. An OS image most often must come directly from the provider, as each network has its own version for its own models.

There are other pages that make these images available, including several blackberry sponsored pages. Here is one of them:

http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads

Just look for the correct service provider and then see what historic versions of the OS are made available. If you don't find it on these pages, you could search Google for other possible sources like this page.

You don't have to go all the way down to 4.2 if there are other versions available in between. We can currently support anything from 4.2 and up, but not including 5.0 itself.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Phil83