Google Play Protect Issue

DC1077

Thank you baktus22, I appreciate that.

funny the guy didn’t say that to me.....but he is maybe a sales guy.

this is difficult then......altho xnspy do seem to provide a good service.

do you have Android or apple? And is it rooted or non?

I have been researching the issue since it popped up in March, since like many others, it would be nice to understand what is going on and what can be done to fix it. It appears as if there is a crusade on this type of product. If you notice articles, it is known as "Spouseware" or "Stalkerware" and it they claim that they are trying to protect domestic abuse victims with their reasoning. There is definitely a political agenda for people who do not want this product. I can understand the concern. Most people seem to use Flexispy for many other reasons than to abuse and control a spouse. I honestly think that this excuse belongs to a small percentage of users, which if it does apply to them can be argued in court, since that is using the software illegally. It is frustrating that you are not allowed to program your own very expensive phone that you paid your own money for in anyway that you see fit. You cannot even root your own phone anymore which is frustrating. I understand that they are afraid of security issues, but as adults being clearly aware of the terms and conditions of the products being installed on our phones, we should be able to download whatever product that we see fit. I have not seen any of this mentioned in the comments, so I thought to add this to shed some light on this issue. There is a battle. It is sad to hear that Flexispy might give up soon. They will be losing a lot of money if they do, since most download Flexispy for the call and ambient recordings. I understand many sides to the argument but it is still frustrating. The articles that I have read were several weeks ago and I have read them to understand the situation so I did not save any of them. Below is one describing what I have found. I am not quite sure of the easy solution to this. Such as how can you truly confirm that all parties agree to the software being installed onto the device?

https://www.wired.com/story/eva-galperin-stalkerware-kaspersky-antivirus/

• Thanks 1

Well phrased, completely lost. I have also tried to understand what google is doing, and what i did manage to figure is that they decided to block every app that asking for call and sms log permissions. Its not only against apps like flexispy but against overall apps that ask such permission. I have read google's explanations of how google protect works and they write that even if you disable it, they are still collect information of apps installed on your phone from several sources, and if they decide its malicious, their system either block the app and inform user to delete it or delete it itself. The only solution, i thing, is to disable google play, but i didnt figure out how to do it easily and how to make it unable fron enable itself, cause it does so.

Thank you! That does make sense. That is frustrating. I understand what Google Play is doing. There are many apps out there that ask for these permissions and they do not need them while they maliciously use that information. They are trying to fix that issue. I understand that Flexispy is still figuring everything out but an e-mail communicating that they are aware of the problem and working on the solution and explaining enough to help us understand would be nice. What I have done was to disable, then re-enable Google Play while quickly turning off updates. When you reinstall Flexispy, it will show an older version of Google Play under installed apps. This only helped with delaying the uninstall slightly longer by a day or two possibly. I am wondering, despite how frustrating it is to reinstall as often as I have, if I am proactive and uninstall Flexispy before Google Play detects it the night before and maybe it will last another day without me waiting another entire day to reinstall? I understand that it is going to take time via Google Play Programmers versus Flexispy Programmers, but hopefully they will come up with a more permanent solution soon.

Thanks again

i am waiting to see what this new flexispy will produce 

btw I tried using normal Samsung internet to download but it still gets removed.

google play protect actually highlight the apk as a source that Monitors activity 

I assume flexispy have to deal with this everytime there is a new update......so perhaps they will figure it out!

Just for informational purpose, I have two rooted devices.
The first one with Android Nougat 7.1 and Flexispy worked till now without any issue, the second with Android Oreo 8.1 and Flexispy stopped working on 23/04  at 5:12 AM (don't think the user uninstalled the app in the heart of the night)
Can't check now if the phone dropped the connection with the server because of Play Protect or for other reasons..
The first one has not been updated to version 3.5.8 the second one yes.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Brutus66 said:

Just for informational purpose, I have two rooted devices.
The first one with Android Nougat 7.1 and Flexispy worked till now without any issue, the second with Android Oreo 8.1 and Flexispy stopped working on 23/04  at 5:12 AM (don't think the user uninstalled the app in the heart of the night)
Can't check now if the phone dropped the connection with the server because of Play Protect or for other reasons..
The first one has not been updated to version 3.5.8 the second one yes.

Nougat ... system updates disabled?

Interesting....

Thank you trying again. I had a mistake in my previous post- i have unrooted device and not what i wrote by mistake. But from what i understood after reading your answer, is that there is no easy and simple way to disable it. Moreover, even after disabeling it reenable itself eventually. Am i correct?

• Dakota pinned and unpinned this topic