Jump to content

Google Play Protect Issue


DC1077

Recommended Posts

I realize this forum is not for support and I have read that there is an appropriate community forum for us to discuss this matter but it appears to be inaccessible. 

I am not here seeking support and I will gladly discuss elsewhere if that becomes an option. 

In the meantime, I would like to communicate with the individuals effected by the brand new Google Play Protect Issue removing the software each day even though it is fully disabled. 

I think FlexiSpy is an incredible product and I hope to continue using it indefinitely however it has currently been rendered non-functional by a new security scan. 

FlexiSpy support has responded to me and stated that they have escalated my case to a supervisor. I will relay any help and help information I receive to this group. 

I am hopeful there is a quick resolution to this issue as I would like to keep doing business with FlexiSpy and not go elsewhere.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
  • Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been a loyal customer for many years. My software stopped working about a month ago. I've re installed about 12 times and tried all the hoops that I have been instructed. Finally had hope for t

Hi, just to let you know we just made the change and it's deployed to production : )

Sent you pm

Posted Images

Quote

 

I think this forum is fine, especially since the other supposed forums are not accessible, and posting here will give potential customers insight into how great we think the software is and how quickly and comprehensively support reacts (if they do) to the issue of the software being removed by Play Protect.  I have not heard from Support despite numerous inquiries over the past two/three weeks since I first noticed the Play Protect issue.  Not a word or any acknowledgement from Support yet.  I'm happy to hear you claim to have heard from Support, and if they do provide a fix and/or anticipated update I'd love to hear about it.  

Link to post

Lucky you- as they at least answered you ?As i mentioned in another thread, if you can have another try and get hold on the target phone, make sure that before installing the app, disable notifications from google play protect as well as from google play services. This might solve the problem

Link to post

I cant try it cause i dont have the target phone at hand and it will take me few days untill i will have access. What i think is that because play protect is disabled, it cant dwlete the app by itself. But still, there is some sort of scanning being done by google (protect? or by some other feature, like find my device)and anotification being sent on the target device rwgarding a maleware being detected, with recomendation to delete it. The owner of the phone is the one who delete it. Thats my suspicion.

Link to post

Not what is happening on my target.  Play protect detects and removes the app/software without user action.  A notification is displayed that the app/software is malicious and has been removed.

  • Like 2
Link to post

Same here. I' m certain that the owner hasn't done anything because I happen to have access these days. Still, upon installation, the app is detected immediately, there is a messenge saying that this app is trying to gain access and promps the owner to delete it. This notification is only seen if you get into settings-security_google_google play protect. I even have disable the owner's Google account synchronization in two other devices the person keeps the account in case upon syncronization Google detects the app. Unfortunately nothing works. The app is removed every day. Luckily today I got a response from support who are looking into this new matter. They are not certain if it is their new version of the app that has a problem or if there is a new update in Google play protect. They told me to try and install the previous version of their app and see if it gets picked up again. I give you the URL below so that you can give it a try  https://mega.nz/#!62RijYaA!0Ja9ssDW9OL95oZJ6cSK1ZZYy6YMFYoaq0yD1-VFl1E

  • Like 1
Link to post

Can you please check if also the keylogger (installed under ACCESIBILITY) has been turned off by Play Protect?
It works not only as a keylogger but also to pick up the screenshots of various apps. It should had turned off by Play Protect too....
I really don't think that installing the old version could help us. Play Protect has been updated and though is turned off can detect malicious code...

  • Like 1
Link to post

i got a messege saying there is a new version of the app that need to be intalled, and should solve the problem. Because i cant do it only in a couple of days, if any of you who got this messege  as well, will install the latest version, please update if its working and not being deleted

Link to post

If you check the version history, you will see that today they released an update to fix the Google Play Protect issue (see cut and paste below).  I also read that Android is not letting background apps access the microphone in the latest version, so surround recordings may no longer be possible.  If anyone installs the update, would love to hear how it goes!!!!

Product: Android
Version: 3.5.4
Product ID: 5002
Support platform: Firmware 4.0.3 - 8.1.0 (depending on the device)
Release date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019
What's New?
  • -
What's Changed?
  • Update code to avoid conflict with Google Play Protect on some non-rooted devices.
  • ***For the change to take effect, software must be completely uninstalled on the device before downloading the new version***
Link to post

I have installed the new version they released today, it's been 5 hours and so far it works just fine for a non rooted android 8.1 phone. (Extreme pack).  I' m doing a test now on ambient recording and I will get back to you. 

Link to post
1 hour ago, lsroach said:

If you check the version history, you will see that today they released an update to fix the Google Play Protect issue (see cut and paste below).  I also read that Android is not letting background apps access the microphone in the latest version, so surround recordings may no longer be possible.  If anyone installs the update, would love to hear how it goes!!!!

Product: Android
Version: 3.5.4
Product ID: 5002
Support platform: Firmware 4.0.3 - 8.1.0 (depending on the device)
Release date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019
What's New?
  • -
What's Changed?
  • Update code to avoid conflict with Google Play Protect on some non-rooted devices.
  • ***For the change to take effect, software must be completely uninstalled on the device before downloading the new version***

Where can I see the new version history?

Link to post
38 minutes ago, Ntelmana said:

I have installed the new version they released today, it's been 5 hours and so far it works just fine for a non rooted android 8.1 phone. (Extreme pack).  I' m doing a test now on ambient recording and I will get back to you. 

Ambient works?

Link to post

Ambient works just fine. I don't know if this depends on the device, but in my device, running Android 8.1, it works. Keylogger as well. Note that the phone is not rooted and it's got the extreme pack running. I uninstalled the previous version, restarted the phone and then installed the latest version they released today. Thank God it was not detected upon installation, like the previous times. I will check tomorrow morning because Play Protect runs a check on devices every day. The app in mine usually got kicked out every morning. I will check tomorrow again and let you know. I must mention that before all these installations upon installations, I have disabled syncronization for the same Google account in other devices. I don't know if it matters or not.

3 hours ago, lsroach said:

If you check the version history, you will see that today they released an update to fix the Google Play Protect issue (see cut and paste below).  I also read that Android is not letting background apps access the microphone in the latest version, so surround recordings may no longer be possible.  If anyone installs the update, would love to hear how it goes!!!!

Product: Android
Version: 3.5.4
Product ID: 5002
Support platform: Firmware 4.0.3 - 8.1.0 (depending on the device)
Release date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019
What's New?
  • -
What's Changed?
  • Update code to avoid conflict with Google Play Protect on some non-rooted devices.
  • ***For the change to take effect, software must be completely uninstalled on the device before downloading the new version***

 

Link to post
On 3/31/2019 at 3:11 PM, lsroach said:

Not what is happening on my target.  Play protect detects and removes the app/software without user action.  A notification is displayed that the app/software is malicious and has been removed.

The same thing is happening in my case.

  • Like 1
Link to post
6 hours ago, baktus22 said:

i got a messege saying there is a new version of the app that need to be intalled, and should solve the problem. Because i cant do it only in a couple of days, if any of you who got this messege  as well, will install the latest version, please update if its working and not being deleted

Where did you get that message? I just checked my account and I haven't received anything.

Link to post
15 minutes ago, moonlite_55 said:

Where did you get that message? I just checked my account and I haven't received anything.

I opened a ticket and asked for help from support. You can see above what need to be done in order to install the app. Pay attention that accordin to support no need to deactivate the account just delete the old version, if it is still on the target (which i dont think it is, as play protect must have deleted it) restart and install. Please let us all know if it is working for you as well. I will have access to the target only in 2 days so i can't do it immediately.

Link to post
28 minutes ago, moonlite_55 said:

Where did you get that message? I just checked my account and I haven't received anything.

Unistall the old version from the device if is still there, deactivate the app from the dashboard, download and install the new file *apk from the address provided by Flexispy, activate again the license.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, baktus22 said:

I opened a ticket and asked for help from support. You can see above what need to be done in order to install the app. Pay attention that accordin to support no need to deactivate the account just delete the old version, if it is still on the target (which i dont think it is, as play protect must have deleted it) restart and install. Please let us all know if it is working for you as well. I will have access to the target only in 2 days so i can't do it immediately.

Play protect deleted it. Flexispy Staff should send to everybody the notification about the new version, but since I haven't received any, I guess that all I have to do is follow the installation instructions, like if I usually do, and it will download the latest version. I will try to do it tonight (in about 8 hours more or less), and will let you know.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Brutus66 said:

Unistall the old version from the device if is still there, deactivate the app from the dashboard, download and install the new file *apk from the address provided by Flexispy, activate again the license.

In the messege i got there was specificaly mentioned that there is no need for deactivation

Link to post
33 minutes ago, moonlite_55 said:

Where did you get that message? I just checked my account and I haven't received anything.

Normally it's not possible to install a new version without deactivate the old one...?
But you can give it a  try....no problem.

Link to post

I installed the new version this morning and as far as I can tell, everything is working fine including ambient. 

Google Play Protect has been deleting the software either at 9pm or 9am for me. I will post tomorrow with an update as to whether or not it was deleted. 

Link to post
7 minutes ago, DC1077 said:

I installed the new version this morning and as far as I can tell, everything is working fine including ambient. 

Google Play Protect has been deleting the software either at 9pm or 9am for me. I will post tomorrow with an update as to whether or not it was deleted. 

Ok, but can we be sure that with the next update of Play Protect, Flexispy would not be removed again?
That's the problem!

Link to post

There is a distinction that needs to be made clear - Ambient recording should work on Android versions prior to 9.0.  Android 9.0 (from what I've read) prohibits background apps from accessing the microphone (and camera).  The Play Protect issue apparently affected all Android versions or at least the more recent ones, and that is claimed to be fixed by the update to Flex released today (which supports up to Android 8.1).

Update info pasted below from Fexi site:

Support platform: Firmware 4.0.3 - 8.1.0 (depending on the device)
Release date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019
What's New?
  • -
What's Changed?
  • Update code to avoid conflict with Google Play Protect on some non-rooted devices.
  • ***For the change to take effect, software must be completely uninstalled on the device before downloading the new version***
Link to post
  • Dakota pinned and unpinned this topic

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      25,970
    • Most Online
      1,716

    Newest Member
    anatole
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...