Google Play Protect Issue

DC1077

I'm just annoyed that I paid out $150 in March to renew one device and now the second license is due in a week and if I go with new software spyfone or ikeymonitor I'm out another $300 for each device so $600 and I'm out $150 because I'm past the date for refund  from flexi when I renewed. Had I known this I could have just purchased one of their rooted phones. Their communication from support has been terrible during this...  either I root my devices myself or pay flexi more money to do it  and hope the software will work or I spend $600 and buy new software from another company and lose $150  I just paid last month.  This is just bad business on flexi's part. Very disappointed because I really liked this company and their product. :(

Just got a reply back from the sales and installation they told me they cannot root a Verizon phone or AT&T Android So rooting is out of the question for me. I'm giving them until Friday ,May 10 , to see what they come up with as far as the software fix and if nothing is fixed then I guess I will be purchasing from another software company. I believe they have abandoned their customers and are only focusing on the rooted customers. It would cost me twice as much to buy a rooted phone from flexiexpress and then to switch cell carrier would be even more so I will have to use another vendor unless they fix this issue by this weekend. Very frustrated and annoyed and extremely disappointed as I have been a very good customer with several licenses over the past couple of years.

20 hours ago, Nita99 said:

I have a non-rooted android with OS 8. All features: SMS, Web history, key logger are all working, except the darn ambient recordings.  They seem to be there but I can't get anything opened.  Maybe it's me but without a manual, I do the best I can. 

Hope this helps. 

The thing is.......flexi was working on OS 8. It was when the OS 9 came out that the problems started.

im worries spyfone will also have the issues like flexispy on OS 9

I don't think the issues are limited to Android 9, as I have a target with the same GPP issue that is 8.0.  Android 9.0 created the issue with ambient and call record, but the GPP issue is a separate one I believe.

There were 2 separate issues. The Google Play issue and the issue of Flexispy not working for Android 9.0. Flexispy needed to fix both issues. People were extremely upset about both the same time. So the solution they came up with for both was that you need to root the phone now. I am not 100% on the reasoning, since programming is complicated. I know that they wanted to fix both issues and they thought that rooting may be the answer to both. Flexispy worked fine for unrooted Android 8.1.0 except for the Google Play issue. My phone is still 8.1.0, so the 9.0 issue was never an issue for me personally. It was an issue for many others though. Hopefully they can eventually come up with a solution to fix these issues and also have all of the usual features (including the recordings) work for unrooted phones again. Flexispy was a good product before any of this happened and I still prefer it if it can work for my phone. Unfortunately most phones cannot be rooted any more and the solution is to either buy a new flexiexpress phone and switch carriers or go with another spy company. It would be nice to keep our current phones and current service providers along with using Flexispy still. Honestly this is frustratingly more complicated than it needs to be. But I understand that they are trying their best for their customers (or that might be more wishful thinking on my part).

• Like 2

Very concerning. Has anyone heard from support since last Friday? I went to the support page and I got a red triangle saying the site was not secure in my web browser that is a first for the support page which I have been on many times and never seen that happen also when I went to send a support ticket against my better judgment with the red triangle lie still attempted on the new support page it asks you to select product if you go to that window and select product there are no products to be found you type in flexispy and it deletes it. Have they just abandoned us and the software? Are sales just trying to glean quick money and leave the customers holding? I have a support ticket that is 5 days past do and have had no reply from anyone and support and I'm very concerned that when I went to the support website to follow up or see if they had been opened or closed it told me to steer away from the site in my browser because it was not secure and someone may be trying to steal information do not put in passwords credit cards or anything. I have never seen that on their support page so I don't know what is going on if they have been hijacked but I can't even send a support ticket to tell them that they have this problem. Anyone else experiencing this or has anyone even heard from support in the last 5 days?

I have just received an email from them this morning, they apologize for the delay and told me that call and ambient recording are no longer available so as to prevent Google from detecting the software. They said these features will be available if the phone undergoes advanced installation (rooting I assume) and prompted me to contact the remote installation service. They also mentioned the cache clearance on Google play services and Google Play. 

The question is, is it worth rooting the phone - if  it can be done in the first place - or will the app not work anyway? Has anyone tried the new version on a ROOTED phone? Did it get detected? Are all the features working, especially call/ambient recording?

@Ntelmana  @Completely LostThank you for your response about support. I was able to get to the support page now. (maybe they have fixed it). I got the same email one week ago from support on April 26 the about deleting the cash/storage and it working on a rooted phone. I am going to be at a loss with an unrooted phone even following the instructions in clearing all cache the basic program will not stay working for more than 48 hours on unrooted. I guess rooting will be the only option to still use their product.

Anyone on here have any luck with the software staying installed on unrooted Android? I don't mind if it's basic features at this point but I can't keep it installed on my devices for more then 2 days at a time. I would like to know if anyone else has managed to keep Google play protect off and Google play store on and still keep software on device for more the a week?  I don't need ambient or call recorder but I understand that is only for rooted now. Please let me know if 4.1.1 or 4.1.3 version has stayed working on your unrooted Android devices? Thank you. Much appreciated.

I have a super old version of Flexispy that I need to update to a newer version that was released just before they changed it to root only. (I am so tired of constantly reinstalling the software that I have yet to update it to a newer version). The super old version is horrible but manageable. I have deactivated Google Play in order to keep it installed. (It has been installed for about 2 weeks at least since I had done this). However, the target can no longer use Google Play. I have Android 8.1.0. I am lucky that the target has yet to need Google Play to download new apps. I am at risk each day goes by though. Either I need to find a good app store alternative or I need to reactivate Google Play soon and get back to reinstalling Flexispy every other day. The target should not be punished from downloading apps, so I know that I need to fix it soon.

Honestly, before anyone bothers with buying Flexispy root install services, you should ask Flexispy if they can even root the target. I made the mistake before and bought the service and needing to request a refund since they cannot root my phone. It is a very basic phone and some may consider it old at this point but they cannot root it. They explained to me that most CDMA phones, such as the phones provided by Verizon, cannot be rooted. Buying a FlexiExpress phone, or switch cell phone companies for a rootable phone, or doing some research to find a model made outside of the US or one made in the US that can be rootable might be the way to go. It is more research that I can possibly handle though. I would honestly ask Flexispy first and see if your phone is rootable then ask what they suggest.

1 hour ago, Completely Lost said:

I have a super old version of Flexispy that I need to update to a newer version that was released just before they changed it to root only. (I am so tired of constantly reinstalling the software that I have yet to update it to a newer version). The super old version is horrible but manageable. I have deactivated Google Play in order to keep it installed. (It has been installed for about 2 weeks at least since I had done this). However, the target can no longer use Google Play. I have Android 8.1.0. I am lucky that the target has yet to need Google Play to download new apps. I am at risk each day goes by though. Either I need to find a good app store alternative or I need to reactivate Google Play soon and get back to reinstalling Flexispy every other day. The target should not be punished from downloading apps, so I know that I need to fix it soon.

Honestly, before anyone bothers with buying Flexispy root install services, you should ask Flexispy if they can even root the target. I made the mistake before and bought the service and needing to request a refund since they cannot root my phone. It is a very basic phone and some may consider it old at this point but they cannot root it. They explained to me that most CDMA phones, such as the phones provided by Verizon, cannot be rooted. Buying a FlexiExpress phone, or switch cell phone companies for a rootable phone, or doing some research to find a model made outside of the US or one made in the US that can be rootable might be the way to go. It is more research that I can possibly handle though. I would honestly ask Flexispy first and see if your phone is rootable then ask what they suggest.

That is exactly what I have done. Deactivated Google play and the old version works perfectly. I understand that I may not be able to keep things like this for long, but at this point I 'm afraid to do any changes. I don't even know if my target phone can be rooted. I e-mailed support to see if it is and I'm waiting for a response before I do anything else. I don't know if the latest version works without a problem on ROOTED phones either....

2 hours ago, Horseplay2000 said:

@Ntelmana  @Completely LostThank you for your response about support. I was able to get to the support page now. (maybe they have fixed it). I got the same email one week ago from support on April 26 the about deleting the cash/storage and it working on a rooted phone. I am going to be at a loss with an unrooted phone even following the instructions in clearing all cache the basic program will not stay working for more than 48 hours on unrooted. I guess rooting will be the only option to still use their product.

Firstly, you have to ask if your target phone model CAN be rooted or else byuing the rooting installation service is a waste of money. I have asked if any of our friends posting here has a rooted phone and how is flexi app working, I hope we will get a response soon.

3 hours ago, Horseplay2000 said:

https://mobile-tracker-free.com I tried it . It has call recording and ambient live listening all for 90€ or $100 for 12 months non rooted their ate other features include when rooted.   Check it out it installs completely differently then flexi and seems to get past gpp. 

Damn.....I jus had a look the Android OS9 installation guide is brilliant. In fact flexispy don’t do the same deactivating of various settings in the targetphone. It might actually explain why they haven’t been successful.

so you are using it Horseplay2000?

how long have u been using it? Without it being detected??

many thanks 

I also noticed the installation instructions for other programs like Flexi, which purportedly work despite GPP and Android 9, are much more comprehensive, including deactivating certain settings Flexi's instructions don't mention.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lsroach said:

I also noticed the installation instructions for other programs like Flexi, which purportedly work despite GPP and Android 9, are much more comprehensive, including deactivating certain settings Flexi's instructions don't mention.

I tried the free version yesterday and I just purchased  full version to try out all features so I will update in few days 

Just got this response from support ?

( same one I got last 2 times. Like I haven't already done this every time  since they first told us. And I have already told support that rooting is not possible with my devices and carriers. So frustrated they do not listen this is generic response) 

Hello. 

Haveyou tried to follow the advice that was previously recommended before? If not, please do so. If you already did then kindly make sure that you clear cache the apps from the target device and apply the latest software version (4.1.3) from the target device through reinstallation.

Steps to follow PRIOR to reinstalling non-root version of FlexiSPY:

Uninstall Sync Services app from the installed apps list, if it is currently still installed

Restart the phone

Clear Google Play Services data:

Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Services -> Storage -> Manage Storage ->  CLEAR ALL DATA

Clear Google Play Store data:

Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Store -> Storage -> Clear Data

Disable Google Play Store Notifications 

For 4.x:

Go to Settings > Apps.

Tap the app you want to stop.

Tap to uncheck the box for Show notifications.

For 6.0

Go to Settings > Sound and Notification > App Notifications.

Tap the app you want to stop.

Tap the toggle for Block, which will never show notifications for Google Play Store

Android” installation manual. Please follow each step to reinstall the app, only after performing steps 1-5 above.

If you prefer to have our Installation Team reinstall for you, you may speak with our live chat Team from any page at the FlexiSPY web site. 

Or if you prefer to install the rooted version, please check with our team about your phone’s compatibility with the rooted version first.

Let us know if this information helps.

1 hour ago, Horseplay2000 said:

I tried the free version yesterday and I just purchased  full version to try out all features so I will update in few days 

Could you check if there is an ambient recording schedule as well? Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Horseplay2000 said:

Live viewing I think it's like live listening try it out on free trial

I though maybe the scheduling of live listening was offered if you buy the app. Do new information upload quickly or does it take hours to update the dashboard?

Y

2 minutes ago, Ntelmana said:

I though maybe the scheduling of live listening was offered if you buy the app. Do new information upload quickly or does it take hours to update the dashboard?

You set the upload times 15 min up to 4 hours I think...give it a look check it out. I don't know if  it will fit your needs but you might find it does :)

25 minutes ago, Horseplay2000 said:

Y

You set the upload times 15 min up to 4 hours I think...give it a look check it out. I don't know if  it will fit your needs but you might find it does :)

Thank you so much. I will.