Compatibility w/ Jailbroken 3G, 3.1.3?

ThatGuy

Hello all,

My target upgraded their 3G OS to 3.1.3. I was able to re-jailbreak using Redsn0w, however, I was unable to install Flexispy App via Cydia. Kept getting an error, unfortunately, I do not recall the error message/code. I gave up using this method to track target due to 3.1.3 having been newly released. It's been a while now, I am wondering if anyone has found an answer or also experienced it, and hopefully has the error message so that I can ask Pro-Support. I'd rather not go through the effort of installing if it's not possible.

Thanks.

Hello all,

My target upgraded their 3G OS to 3.1.3. I was able to re-jailbreak using Redsn0w, however, I was unable to install Flexispy App via Cydia. Kept getting an error, unfortunately, I do not recall the error message/code. I gave up using this method to track target due to 3.1.3 having been newly released. It's been a while now, I am wondering if anyone has found an answer or also experienced it, and hopefully has the error message so that I can ask Pro-Support. I'd rather not go through the effort of installing if it's not possible.

Thanks.

Hi,

iPhones runnings 3.1.3 with the MC version boot rom cannot be jailbroken at this time. If you are able to jailbreak the phone however, then you should be able to install FlexiSPY. The only requirement is that you have a jailbroken iPhone. The error message you received was probably because you entered the incorrect URL for the software source. It must be correct and match the product version of the software that your FlexiKEY was purchased for.

If you have any further problems, you will need to have the actual error message and be able to tell us exactly at what point the error occurred, and you'll need to submit this as a Ticket to http://support.flexispy.com

PS. Your customer status has been verified and you now have access to the Customer Only area. If you have more support questions you want to post on the forum, please use the Peer-To-Peer Support forum area. But we'll be happy to help you further in an official support ticket.

I know this question is more of a pre-sales one but it relates to these two posts. Can I attempt to jailbreak my own iphone (3.13) using the program mentioned above and then purchase your program and see if it works on my phone (as the target phone) and if it does then transfer it to the phone I want to be the target phone? I have been waiting to buy your product and 3.13 has made it impossible so far - but maybe this will work. Obviously better to try it on my own phone first but I dont want to buy two copies/licenses....better to beta test it on my own phone dont you think?

Hi,

iPhones runnings 3.1.3 with the MC version boot rom cannot be jailbroken at this time. If you are able to jailbreak the phone however, then you should be able to install FlexiSPY. The only requirement is that you have a jailbroken iPhone. The error message you received was probably because you entered the incorrect URL for the software source. It must be correct and match the product version of the software that your FlexiKEY was purchased for.

If you have any further problems, you will need to have the actual error message and be able to tell us exactly at what point the error occurred, and you'll need to submit this as a Ticket to http://support.flexispy.com

PS. Your customer status has been verified and you now have access to the Customer Only area. If you have more support questions you want to post on the forum, please use the Peer-To-Peer Support forum area. But we'll be happy to help you further in an official support ticket.

I know this question is more of a pre-sales one but it relates to these two posts. Can I attempt to jailbreak my own iphone (3.13) using the program mentioned above and then purchase your program and see if it works on my phone (as the target phone) and if it does then transfer it to the phone I want to be the target phone? I have been waiting to buy your product and 3.13 has made it impossible so far - but maybe this will work. Obviously better to try it on my own phone first but I dont want to buy two copies/licenses....better to beta test it on my own phone dont you think?

Hi,

Providing you are able to jailbreak both of the phones then it is fine to do this, the software can be installed on as many handsets as you like but you can only have the software activated on one handset at any one time so you would install and activate the software on your own phone then when you are comfortable with the workings of it just deactivate it and then use the same flexikey to activate again on the intended target phone.

Here is a link to a good site on jailbreaking 3.1.3 http://www.redmondpie.com/sn0wbreeze-3.1.3-jailbreak-iphone-3g-3gs-3.1.3/ here is also a link to a company that say there software can jailbreak any Iphone including 3.1.3 3GS http://www.smmmail.com/index.htm

Please not we are not affiliated in anyway with either of these company's they are just a couple of sites that i personally have come across on my travels

cheers

Rich

I have done this in the past also, just to make sure it's working as expected, before I installed it on the target phone. Something to keep in mind is that, although you can change the phone as many times as you want, Flexispy will actually lock your reactivation feature after 10 times of doing this. You have to contact them to unlock this feature. I discovered this when I finally had the opportunity to reinstall Flexispy on my target phone, after my target had updated to the latest firmware and un-jailbroke their phone. I easily re-jailbroke the target phone, but I was unable to resintall Flexispy because the reactivation feature had been locked. I had to submit a support ticket and wait to hear from Flexispy, and I didn't hear from them in time to do anything that day, as I had to get the target phone back to its owner. I was stuck spending an hour or so restoring the phone to the official firmware, to completely get rid of the jailbreak (don't just hide it, because later you can't back to Cydia - had a problem with doing that also). Then I had to wait another 3 weeks before i had the phone again. So...my advice is to keep track of how many times you deactivate and reactivate, so you can contact them in advance if you're approaching ten times.

I have done this in the past also, just to make sure it's working as expected, before I installed it on the target phone. Something to keep in mind is that, although you can change the phone as many times as you want, Flexispy will actually lock your reactivation feature after 10 times of doing this. You have to contact them to unlock this feature. I discovered this when I finally had the opportunity to reinstall Flexispy on my target phone, after my target had updated to the latest firmware and un-jailbroke their phone. I easily re-jailbroke the target phone, but I was unable to resintall Flexispy because the reactivation feature had been locked. I had to submit a support ticket and wait to hear from Flexispy, and I didn't hear from them in time to do anything that day, as I had to get the target phone back to its owner. I was stuck spending an hour or so restoring the phone to the official firmware, to completely get rid of the jailbreak (don't just hide it, because later you can't back to Cydia - had a problem with doing that also). Then I had to wait another 3 weeks before i had the phone again. So...my advice is to keep track of how many times you deactivate and reactivate, so you can contact them in advance if you're approaching ten times.

Great advice to follow! :)

After looking at both of the products for jailbreaking the 3.13 it appears that the only thing these products do is allow you to downgrade back to 3.12 so you can then jailbreak. OK, I can live with that - but then how does one keep the phone from asking the user to upgrade to the latest firmware? I am sure I can downgrade to 3.12 without much trouble - but on the next sync won't it just advise an upgrade again to 3.13? Any advice on that? Is there a lock for that?

Sigh...wish you guys had a 3.13 solution - bet when it comes out sales soar!

After looking at both of the products for jailbreaking the 3.13 it appears that the only thing these products do is allow you to downgrade back to 3.12 so you can then jailbreak. OK, I can live with that - but then how does one keep the phone from asking the user to upgrade to the latest firmware? I am sure I can downgrade to 3.12 without much trouble - but on the next sync won't it just advise an upgrade again to 3.13? Any advice on that? Is there a lock for that?

Sigh...wish you guys had a 3.13 solution - bet when it comes out sales soar!

The 3.1.3 issue is more to do with Apple than us. You can try and downgrade to 3.1.2 but iTunes will still ask to upgrade. This cannot be turned off through iTunes at this time.

• 2 weeks later...

As of May 10, 2010 you can jailbreak the iPhone 3 or 3GS with os 3.1.3, modem 05.12.01

by using Spirit software (Dev-team blog). In my hands the whole process took only about 3 minutes and was successfully accomplished.

I can access Cydia on the target phone, but I noticed there are no any flexispy applications that are offered through it.

Is there any specific way to download it on the target phone?

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

As of May 10, 2010 you can jailbreak the iPhone 3 or 3GS with os 3.1.3, modem 05.12.01

by using Spirit software (Dev-team blog). In my hands the whole process took only about 3 minutes and was successfully accomplished.

I can access Cydia on the target phone, but I noticed there are no any flexispy applications that are offered through it.

Is there any specific way to download it on the target phone?

Thank you.

Where can I find this "spirit" software? I've looked but cannot find it.

Where can I find this "spirit" software? I've looked but cannot find it.

Various jailbreaking tools can work (or work differently) with different iPhones, depending on the actual model, OS version and boot rom version of the iPhone. "Spirit" seems to be able to jailbreak all current iPhone's, but please check this responsibly for yourself, before using any tool that may affect the usability of your device. FlexiSPY cannot support or be responsible in any way for any part of the jailbreaking process, and is not responsible for any result from using any of these tools.

iClarified has a page with links to numerous tutorials using a variety of tools, including Spirit. You may want to check this page at http://www.iclarified.com/entries/index.php?caid=2&scid=11&seid=2

The Spirit blog (with download) is at http://spiritjb.com/

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Calle13