motorola i930, i920 iDEN/PTT

boostgirl

okay...so i did a spec search on phone scoop...the only options i chose were iDEN/PTT and i checked all the operating systems, so i could see ALL iDEN pda's. this is kinda what i got.

motorola i930, blackberry rim 7100i, and motorola i1 (not yet released...its the first droid iDEN phone, and its coming soon to sprint I CANT WAIT)

so of course i want the unreleased droid, but its not here yet, and i bet it'll be crazy expensive w/o a contract. SO. that leaves me with the incopmpatible blackberry, and the motoroala i930 running with windows mobile standard. on the phones section for flexispy compatibility, it says any windows mobile phone besides pocket pc. at the bottom it says windows mobile 5 or 6. is windows mobile standard different from windows mobile 5 and 6?

phone scoop says the modes for the motorola i930 are as follows:

GSM 900

GSM 1800

GSM 1900

iDEN 800

is anyone well educated on the modes?

phone scoop also states this about modes:

Modes in the 850, 1900, or 1700 bands are used in the US. Modes in the 900, 1800, and 2100 bands are for use overseas.

for the i930, it says on the specs it was never released in the us, and according to phonescoops definition of the modes, its got 2 overseas modes(1800 and 900), 1 US mode(1900), and they don't say anything about the 800 mode and what its for, so....i don't know.

my main question is....anybody know if this phone will work in the US?

second question is....if there are 3 GSM modes and 1 iDEN mode, (they are calling it quad mode on phone scoop) then...is this similar to how the BB world edition 8300(i think?) is dual mode for cdma and gsm? christian mentioned that those dual mode phones that work on cdma and gsm still use cdma technology as the base, therefore call intercept still will not work on those. so if this phone uses gsm and iden, what then is the base/main technology?

third question: is windows mobile standard the same as windows mobile 5 or 6?

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?id%5B%5D=2647&id%5B%5D=627&id%5B%5D=812

• 3 weeks later...

Boostgirl,

This is a lot of research you've done, but in terms of compatibility, the bottom line is that only those models we specifically list on our Phones pages can be supported. You can try an equivalent iDen version of a supported model if you want, but we don't have experience with this and cannot guarantee anything with an iDen, or Blackberry "i" series model. In the interest of research, I'd like to say that it might work if its the same base model (without the "i") as a BB model we do list as supported, but if you go this route its a gamble and you'll need to contact us within the first 10 days of purchase to remain eligible for a refund if it doesn't work out.

Regarding Windows Mobile, 5.x and 6.x are WM Operating System versions. This is the same whether its WM Standard or WM Professional. However, an iDen WM device may not exactly be a "standard" WM device (unrelated to the Standard or Professional OS version).

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Phil83