FS users monitoring Android Phones: anyone try remote update to 2.10.2?

Can anyone report success or failure in updating FS for Android to the latest software 2.10.2? - this software release was issued on Jan 23, 2015.  Any input would be appreciated, but if you can report the target phone model (Samsung, HTC, Nexus, etc) and Android software version the Target phone is using that would be great. On my end, the Target is a Nexus 4 running 4.4.2.

After never having problems with remote update before, when I tried the last remote update (to 2.9.2 on Dec 26), the FS software crashed, and I had to get physical access to the phone to reinstall.  I need to avoid that problem now, as I won't have physical access to the phone for several months.  

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Can anyone report success or failure in updating FS for Android to the latest software 2.10.2? - this software release was issued on Jan 23, 2015.  Any input would be appreciated, but if you can report the target phone model (Samsung, HTC, Nexus, etc) and Android software version the Target phone is using that would be great. On my end, the Target is a Nexus 4 running 4.4.2.

After never having problems with remote update before, when I tried the last remote update (to 2.9.2 on Dec 26), the FS software crashed, and I had to get physical access to the phone to reinstall.  I need to avoid that problem now, as I won't have physical access to the phone for several months.  

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,

I am sorry to hear that happened.  Now that you have reinstalled you should have the latest version.  If you have further issues with it please contact our support team for assistance.

Thanks Ian - do you have any feedback about users updating to 2.10.2?  my problems occurred when trying to update to 2.9.2, so after reinstalling manually i had the latest version, but am now one behind with the new release.  I'd like to get some more data points before I pull the trigger on the remote update.  

By the way, I submitted a ticket to ask the support staff as well. The reference is CJV-854-40193.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Please understand that this forum is not for support issue so we will deal with your ticket separately via our support site.  However, after speaking to our developers we have not experienced any issues with the software via remote update during our testing.  Did you submit a diagnostic report as that is always helpful to give to our support staff for further analysis?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    muffingrove