GPS Accuracy

I was wondering about the accuracy of the GPS. I can use various forms of GPS tracking on my phone and it is within feet away from being exact. I have a HTC MyTouch. I looked at my coordinates and it has me a several streets away. If I were to walk it would take about 5-8 minutes.

Let me know what you guys think. I would give the exact coordinates if it would help but this is an open forum. You can email me for them if you like.

Thanks

Cool, I imagine they will get this resolved since they have it working for their other products.

usually they accuracy is spot on, at least with my other pro-x version.

the android version shows me beeing several streets away.

Actually, here is what is important to know about ALL of our products:

FlexiSPY can only capture and report the information it receives from the device itself. The program can't make up co-ordinates. What we do now is first request location data from integrated mode if that exists (autonomous or integrated GPS), and if this doesn't work then we can get the information from the network if its available.

Now what this means is that if you walk outside with the device, it is going to be spot-on assuming the device can get a lock onto a GPS satellite signal. But if it can't or if its indoors, then that information isn't going to be available. What might be available is extended information from the network. This could be cellular triangulation or other means, depending on what may or may not be available from any given network.

In order to communicate with a GPS satellite the device must always be outdoors and in direct line of sight to the satellite, with clear sky. Anything other than this may be accurate, or accurate within a certain range. This is not a weakness of the program itself, but a limitation of the information available.

For more information please see this Knowledge Base article regarding iPhone GPS accuracy, as a similar example:

http://support.flexispy.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=46

I just don't see why it only happens with FACE vs any other free GPS program to be accurate within feet of my location. I can be at my house all evening and I can't get FACE to be accurate just once vs the other GPS.

Actually, here is what is important to know about ALL of our products:

FlexiSPY can only capture and report the information it receives from the device itself. The program can't make up co-ordinates. What we do now is first request location data from integrated mode if that exists (autonomous or integrated GPS), and if this doesn't work then we can get the information from the network if its available.

Now what this means is that if you walk outside with the device, it is going to be spot-on assuming the device can get a lock onto a GPS satellite signal. But if it can't or if its indoors, then that information isn't going to be available. What might be available is extended information from the network. This could be cellular triangulation or other means, depending on what may or may not be available from any given network.

In order to communicate with a GPS satellite the device must always be outdoors and in direct line of sight to the satellite, with clear sky. Anything other than this may be accurate, or accurate within a certain range. This is not a weakness of the program itself, but a limitation of the information available.

For more information please see this Knowledge Base article regarding iPhone GPS accuracy, as a similar example:

http://support.flexispy.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=46

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    muffingrove