Android Community Edition - Activation.

I installed the Android CE two days ago. After downloading and installing the Android CE, I could not get it to run by dialing the *#900900900. I have the most recent beta version of an antivirus & malware scanner called "Lookout" installed. The build is 4.6.1 Release 4494.

The install went smooth and it said it was safe when it does it's auto-scan of newly installed apps. I had to end the process for Lookout before I was able to launch Android CE. I was able to reboot my phone and access it again before I registered it to make sure. It just seems that the initial install requires Lookout to be closed before you can access the first time activation.

I'm just curious, it sounds like first you installed FACE (my new moniker for FlexiSPY for Android, Community Edition) while Lookout was running, and then couldn't access it by *#900900900.

Then did you shut down Lookout and try accessing FACE by *#900900900 again, and it still didn't work, so you then rebooted and tried *#900900900 again?

Or did you shut down Lookout and immediately rebooted and then tried *#900900900 again?

Or did you install and try *#900900900, didnt work, rebooted, shut down Lookout again after rebooting, and then *#900900900 worked?

Here is what I'm getting at: It could be that Lookout interfered with *#900900900, or it could be that after the install, the phone just needed to reboot before *#900900900 would work. I'm assuming that Lookout loads at boot time, so it would still be running even after the reboot when you try *#900900900 again, unless you had to shut it down again first.

We are not aware of anything that would prevent *#900900900 from working. Do you still have any problems now accessing with *#FK while Lookout is running? If not, I'm guessing it was more of a reboot (or memory refresh) issue, and not necessarily related to Lookout.

I installed FACE with Lookout enabled. I tried to access it after the install via *#900900900 with no dice. I closed Lookout and then I was able to access the activation windows via *#900900900 but I did not activate it just yet in order to test a power cycle on the phone. It came up after the reboot with Lookout enabled.

However, I do have another issue. I have not once been able to access the menu via *#Flexikey, it goes to my providers error that it is an invalid number, etc... I have tried with a phone reboot and without Lookout closed. The menu will not load no matter what I try.

I'm just curious, it sounds like first you installed FACE (my new moniker for FlexiSPY for Android, Community Edition) while Lookout was running, and then couldn't access it by *#900900900.

Then did you shut down Lookout and try accessing FACE by *#900900900 again, and it still didn't work, so you then rebooted and tried *#900900900 again?

Or did you shut down Lookout and immediately rebooted and then tried *#900900900 again?

Or did you install and try *#900900900, didnt work, rebooted, shut down Lookout again after rebooting, and then *#900900900 worked?

Here is what I'm getting at: It could be that Lookout interfered with *#900900900, or it could be that after the install, the phone just needed to reboot before *#900900900 would work. I'm assuming that Lookout loads at boot time, so it would still be running even after the reboot when you try *#900900900 again, unless you had to shut it down again first.

We are not aware of anything that would prevent *#900900900 from working. Do you still have any problems now accessing with *#FK while Lookout is running? If not, I'm guessing it was more of a reboot (or memory refresh) issue, and not necessarily related to Lookout.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    muffingrove