sync services is displaying over other apps error message - how to remove?

Graham

When you set up the android non rooted, the FlexiSPY instructions are to set "sync services is displaying over other apps" setting to ON

Well, I have noticed on the target phone, in the notifications window, there's a notification which cannot be removed, says "sync services is displaying over other apps" - how do I remove this message from the target phone? - surely this should not be showing? Its in the notifications windows All the time!!!

Would it be better to set the setting to OFF - how will that affect the way that FlexiSPY works? - I have extreme version - I didn't notice this error on the other version before upgrade...

Please advise

Thanks

Hello Graham,

Thank you for your post.

The "Display over other apps" permission needs to be ON as this will primarily affect RemCam and RemVid features to work properly.

With that said, could you please provide a screenshot of the notification showing all the time?

Also, please provide your target device model and your FlexiSPY license number so we can check the settings and assist you further.

On a side note, moving forward - we highly advise you to raise a ticket from inside your portal as this will help us with the information required to troubleshoot the issue.

Hi

The screen message is shown here. Sorry I didn't raise a ticket, I'm not sure how to, perhaps make it more prominent on the portal page?

This message is impossible to remove, even after restarting the phone its still there

Samsung S10+ Extreme Version 4.27.3, 68922148639 Licence number

Please advise

Thanks

Graham

image.thumb.jpeg.00e9a90aa42000c92b5cd90bb9ff75ce.jpeg

Hello Graham,

Thank you for your response and providing the screenshot for reference.

We now see that the current FlexiSPY version installed is 4.27.3. For this version, we have checked with our developers, and they confirmed that the "Appear on Top" setting can be turned OFF, and would like to ask you to try the following:

1. Turn OFF "Appear on Top" setting on the target device.

2. After turning it OFF - confirm if the notification is still showing. 

3. Try testing RemVid or RemCam to see if the feature is still able to capture events.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/5/2024 at 10:51 AM, MarkM said:

Hello Graham,

Thank you for your response and providing the screenshot for reference.

We now see that the current FlexiSPY version installed is 4.27.3. For this version, we have checked with our developers, and they confirmed that the "Appear on Top" setting can be turned OFF, and would like to ask you to try the following:

1. Turn OFF "Appear on Top" setting on the target device.

2. After turning it OFF - confirm if the notification is still showing. 

3. Try testing RemVid or RemCam to see if the feature is still able to capture events.

Quick Draw

I rechecked RemVid , everything was working again