Symbian Upgrade?

Now that all other platforms seem to have had an upgrade and considering that there have been a number of issues reported on the Symbian platform phones, is there an upgrade due soon for Nokia symbian phones?

At this time we have no plans for updating the Symbian platform and are concentrating on the main smartphone providers such as iPhone, Blackberry and Android.

With Nokia themselves announcing that the Symbian OS is now obsolete this may also be a factor in our decision to not persue it at this time. This is not to say we won't ever upgrade the software for this platform but we are concentrating on other platforms at this time.

Kamale,

There are SOOO many Nokia models floating in the marketplace, it's no surprise there are issues reported here and there once in a while, but I'd like to remind that Symbian has always been our most reliable and predictable development platform. For this reason, there is no one who wishes the market would turn back in favor of Symbian more than we do, but if you are experiencing any specific problems running our software on a Symbian device, I'd invite you to submit a Ticket to our Support Center at http://support.flexispy.com. But I wouldn't worry too much about any random reports you've heard from others. You have to remember just how many Nokia devices are out there. Statistically, Symbian is a pretty safe bet with our software. If its possible to choose your own Symbian Target model, I'd recommend any of the Nokia E series devices. These are the best performing models for any of our Symbian versions of the software.

Its just too bad that Symbian has fallen out of favor with both Nokia as well as the general public at large. But when you do find your Target phone replaced by one of the more popular up and coming OS models, you'll be happy that we've kept up with the current.

Kamale,

There are SOOO many Nokia models floating in the marketplace, it's no surprise there are issues reported here and there once in a while, but I'd like to remind that Symbian has always been our most reliable and predictable development platform. For this reason, there is no one who wishes the market would turn back in favor of Symbian more than we do, but if you are experiencing any specific problems running our software on a Symbian device, I'd invite you to submit a Ticket to our Support Center at http://support.flexispy.com. But I wouldn't worry too much about any random reports you've heard from others. You have to remember just how many Nokia devices are out there. Statistically, Symbian is a pretty safe bet with our software. If its possible to choose your own Symbian Target model, I'd recommend any of the Nokia E series devices. These are the best performing models for any of our Symbian versions of the software.

Its just too bad that Symbian has fallen out of favor with both Nokia as well as the general public at large. But when you do find your Target phone replaced by one of the more popular up and coming OS models, you'll be happy that we've kept up with the current.

Thank you.

You are right perhaps when you say that the E series worked well for Flexispy and many targets would be moving on to such a smart phone. This perhaps holds true for the N Series as the other possible target phone that is popular and which would perhaps work well on your platform. I appreciate that you will look at the areas where your market is growing but do remember that when there are gremlins reported on the Symbian series, you may want to deal with these via an upgrade without necessarily investing more on R&D on that platform. Then of course give your customers notice of when you intend to walk away from Symbian completely rather than seel obsolete software just because people buy symbian phones!

• 4 weeks later...

Whilst we will never entirely walk away from any platform you must understand that we have to go where the market dictates, which, at this time is Android (currently most popular handset) and iPhone (currently most popular operating system). Thanks for your understanding.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Nathanael