System SMS fully visible?

Hi folks

i have installed the new android software, to give it a try. first thing i have considered is, that system sms are fully visible at the target phone, the show up like any other incoming sms. Is this still a bug?

regards, Master-P

Hi folks

i have installed the new android software, to give it a try. first thing i have considered is, that system sms are fully visible at the target phone, the show up like any other incoming sms. Is this still a bug?

regards, Master-P

Master-P,

The commands must be sent exactly as indicated in the manual, including all characters and symbols as shown. Can you post here an example of exactly what you sent as a command, that appeared visible?

When this happens, is the command processed and does it go ahead and work?

Does this happen with all commands or just a specific command?

What exact model is the Target?

Hi Christian!

I have tried several remote commands. all have been shown up as any other sms.

target phone: HTC Magic, Android 1.6

Remote phones: iphone and another HTC Magic with Android V 1.6

All remote commands have been answered or executed properly. All commands have been visible. I have entered them exactly as shown in your manual.

Coming from the Pro-X Version and on different platforms, i am familiar with remote commands and with your software in general.

forgot to say: i have tried the target phone number in different ways ( short form, international form,...). no effect at all.

but i found out something interesting. The sms shows up with a notification on the "lock screen", but when unlocking the phone and looking for it in the sms applicatoin, it doesnt show up anymore. disappeared.

forgot to say: i have tried the target phone number in different ways ( short form, international form,...). no effect at all.

but i found out something interesting. The sms shows up with a notification on the "lock screen", but when unlocking the phone and looking for it in the sms application, it doesn't show up anymore. disappeared.

I will mention this to our engineers and see if we can reproduce this, so this is only happening when the phone is locked but all other times it is not visible?

Cheers for the feedback

but i found out something interesting. The sms shows up with a notification on the "lock screen", but when unlocking the phone and looking for it in the sms applicatoin, it doesnt show up anymore. disappeared.

Ok now I think I know what's going on here. The program is actually working and doing what it's suppose to do, suppressing the SMS by hiding and deleting it. But you've got some other 3rd party SMS utility installed on that phone. The Android OS native SMS application does not have any SMS popup like that, it only puts a small icon in the top information bar area of the screen. So there is another program that was downloaded and is running in the background, waiting for SMS to come in which it then presents with this popup method. There are several possible SMS utilities that might have been installed. I'm sure you can find something running in the app manager, or by holding the Home key to see what programs are active.

If this becomes a common problem then in a future release we might discuss looking for the most common interfering programs to shut them off when FlexiSPY loads. Its a possibility.

U.P.D.A.T.E.

Well, i have removed any third party sms app now. the android firmware is "clean" now, but it still shows EVERY remote sms and does not disappear later. It shows up the notification and is stored in the inbox like any other sms.

• 2 weeks later...

U.P.D.A.T.E.

Well, i have removed any third party sms app now. the android firmware is "clean" now, but it still shows EVERY remote sms and does not disappear later. It shows up the notification and is stored in the inbox like any other sms.

Is it still showing up as any kind of a popup when the screen is locked, as you reported before?

Is it possibly you could provide a list of all installed applications visible from the app manager, or similar utility?

Does it happen with all SMS commands you send?

Does it happen after a reboot?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    hingheitsang