Blackberry problems

kcmo

I have been having alot of trouble getting pro-x to work on a blackberry 8330. I was wondering if anyone else has had these issues and knows how to fix them.

What is working:

1. Forwards phone log.

2. Forwards email.

3. Spycall- had to manually enter the number because SMS control did not work. Problems: The screen still lights up momentarily when the spycall is coming in. The user hears a beep from the bluetooth if the bluetooth is in use.

What's not working:

1. SMS forward

2. SMS controls

3. GPS or other location mode.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software at least three times going through the steps one at a time. I am at a loss for what the problem is. I have limited access to the target phone. Anyone have any ideas?

KCMO,

A few things you mentioned should be expected. For example the screen may light up just initially for a brief second on some models only (or on some OS versions), when SpyCall first connects. This is because the display will normally light during ANY phone activity, but the software suppresses the backlight display immediately. In any case it is only for a second and there will be no Caller ID or any other indication of a call. If it last more than a second or two at most, then you should check the backlight timer setting to make sure there are no phone settings that are trying to keep the display on longer. If its just the flash you see, its related to the phone model and/or OS version.

We cannot control blue-tooth headsets or any other external equipment. The software is only installed onto the phone itself. Its not possible to remotely control any other device not running the software.

For the rest of your problems, it seems like a non-default setup, at least. Have you changed any of the sms commands? If so, please try setting the sms commands back to the defaults and try them again. Remember that commands are CaSe SenSitiVe and punctuation sensitive, and must contain all blank spaces if the custom commands contain multiple words. Its possible you are not sending the commands exactly as you have defined them. Also make sure that when you send commands, if the first letter of the command is not capitalized then don't let your monitor phone automatically capitalize the first letter. Most phones will automatically capitalize that first letter of any message sent. If it doesn't match the command, it won't work.

I have no idea why GPS wouldn't work, unless you don't have the GPS capture turned on. If you aren't able to use your commands, you can't get a diagnostic report to verify, so you'll need to get the Target into your hands to open the settings and check. Make sure GPS/Location is set to capture, and set your GPS Refresh Time (every 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 1 hour, etc.).

If this still doesn't help you out, it will require a Ticket you can submit from our Support Center at http://support.flexispy.com. Our technicians can work with you step by step from there.

The commands are default and I have made sure to uncapitalize the first letter. The gps is set to capture but simply doesn't. I will open a ticket and see if there is anything that can be done to correct these issues.

KCMO,

A few things you mentioned should be expected. For example the screen may light up just initially for a brief second on some models only (or on some OS versions), when SpyCall first connects. This is because the display will normally light during ANY phone activity, but the software suppresses the backlight display immediately. In any case it is only for a second and there will be no Caller ID or any other indication of a call. If it last more than a second or two at most, then you should check the backlight timer setting to make sure there are no phone settings that are trying to keep the display on longer. If its just the flash you see, its related to the phone model and/or OS version.

We cannot control blue-tooth headsets or any other external equipment. The software is only installed onto the phone itself. Its not possible to remotely control any other device not running the software.

For the rest of your problems, it seems like a non-default setup, at least. Have you changed any of the sms commands? If so, please try setting the sms commands back to the defaults and try them again. Remember that commands are CaSe SenSitiVe and punctuation sensitive, and must contain all blank spaces if the custom commands contain multiple words. Its possible you are not sending the commands exactly as you have defined them. Also make sure that when you send commands, if the first letter of the command is not capitalized then don't let your monitor phone automatically capitalize the first letter. Most phones will automatically capitalize that first letter of any message sent. If it doesn't match the command, it won't work.

I have no idea why GPS wouldn't work, unless you don't have the GPS capture turned on. If you aren't able to use your commands, you can't get a diagnostic report to verify, so you'll need to get the Target into your hands to open the settings and check. Make sure GPS/Location is set to capture, and set your GPS Refresh Time (every 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 1 hour, etc.).

If this still doesn't help you out, it will require a Ticket you can submit from our Support Center at http://support.flexispy.com. Our technicians can work with you step by step from there.

• 3 weeks later...

I am still having problems as my stated one. Maybe there is something going on with the target blackberry 8330. Is there anything on the phone itself that could be causing these problems. I realize you think its an install error or what not but I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software at least five times. I am capable of following directions and I'm very familiar with the 8330 since I own one myself. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I am still having problems as my stated one. Maybe there is something going on with the target blackberry 8330. Is there anything on the phone itself that could be causing these problems. I realize you think its an install error or what not but I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software at least five times. I am capable of following directions and I'm very familiar with the 8330 since I own one myself. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Actually I don't think anything yet, because I don't have enough information. I'll disregard a few of the points I already addressed about expected behavior, but what I'm still not clear on is the SMS problems. Are you saying that its not capturing and reporting any SMS?

Also, are you saying that NONE of the SMS commands are working? If you did not change the default commands and you send tbdz then does 'tbdz' arrive, delivered to the Target as a message? And do you not receive ANYTHING back to your Monitor that you sent this SMS command from?

Did you submit a Ticket with Support? If so, tell me your Ticket # and I'll take a look. If not, you may want to do that so we can also have a look at your account for more insight.

• 5 weeks later...

You are not alone.....my GPS and SpyCall has not been working for 3 months!!! I have gone thru everything that they told me to do....I to have a 8330 phone and the target is a 8330 phone also!!! They need to fix these problems or compensate us for the time we are without the features we are paying for!!!

You are not alone.....my GPS and SpyCall has not been working for 3 months!!! I have gone thru everything that they told me to do....I to have a 8330 phone and the target is a 8330 phone also!!! They need to fix these problems or compensate us for the time we are without the features we are paying for!!!

Curious,

If you've had this problem for 3 months, it would have made sense to contact support in the very beginning. Because I'm certain an alternative would have been offered if you had requested help during the refund period, or any time closer to the purchase date.

I asked KCMO some very specific questions in response to a very specific description of a problem. That is how the trouble-shooting and support process works. It wouldn't be possible to know if you are having the same problem as another customer without walking through everything step by step to confirm. You are welcome to express your thoughts, or even your frustrations at times here. But the bottom line is that Support is here to help. There may be technical issues from time to time that we can't do anything about, but we'll do everything that is reasonably possible to improve the situation.

If you've contacted Support and already walked through several trouble-shooting efforts and still continue to have the same problems you started out with, send me a PM here at the forum and give me your current Ticket numbers so I can review the situation myself.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    UbvpwccaX