App Activity not working right

jack1974austin
Go to solution Solved by Dakota,

On 3/26/2023 at 5:53 PM, jack1974austin said:

Why is my app activity data only ever show "installed" and "uninstalled" at the exact same time and nothing else? 

And what does this mean?

See screenshot attachedScreenshot_20230326_205141_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e5b0ba89ee4124c4c772dd185d0d3bd7.jpg

Please reply with the number of the support ticket you've raised for this issue so I can look into it.

• Solution

Update: This is a known behavior with the Application Activity feature. If an application installed on the phone is updated by the user — for example WhatsApp, then the client will report 2 events. Uninstall and Install. So consider these as application updates. 

4 minutes ago, jack1974austin said:

Wow that's great information. So why aren't I getting the usage information from a purchased handset pre-installed with the software??

Hi Austin... App Activity is turned off by default as is it may send lots of events. You can enable this from inside your portal if you'd like though.
Help > Device Settings > Data Delivery > Change Application Settings > Tick 'Application Life Cycle' > Press 'Sync Now'

And what happens from there? Just FYI...I know for a fact that one of the recently reported on apps was installed on that date. It's not just about updates.

Why do l only get WhatsApp messages shown and NOTHING ELSE?

Why do the SMS conversations split into two separate conversation streams? 

Why can I only get one email address from 5 addresses being used?

Why do I get 1000 IMs a day but it just one app and it repeats itself over and over?