Symbian open source

Tudor

I know that the limits of the Symbian OS are ARM processors (is running only on this type of processors). Since the Symbian platform was officially made available as open source code in February 2010, I'm wondering if Symbian C++ coding is more easy (sort of speaking) now. Now can be overwrite that security modules (that modules generating e.g. that beep on call recording or on conference call connection)?

What means for FlexiSPY developers Symbian open source code? Just asking, please don't laugh...

Cheers,

Tudor.

I know that the limits of the Symbian OS are ARM processors (is running only on this type of processors). Since the Symbian platform was officially made available as open source code in February 2010, I'm wondering if Symbian C++ coding is more easy (sort of speaking) now. Now can be overwrite that security modules (that modules generating e.g. that beep on call recording or on conference call connection)?

What means for FlexiSPY developers Symbian open source code? Just asking, please don't laugh...

Cheers,

Tudor.

Although the Symbian is now open source, it does not really help as much as you might think. In a device, the OS is burned into the firmware and you cant over write it. Added to that, licencees may modify or change the base code for their own needs, so you dont really know the source for the device you are interested in. We are planning to get into creating custom devices in the near future, but we will not be using Symbian, as there are better and easier alternatives such as Android.

Regarding Symbian develeopment, I can tell you that its the most difficult and unfriendly programming environment that I have seen! You really have to know what you are doing, and its easy to make mistakes, debugging is tough, and the list goes on. As a general metric, Symbian development takes ten times longer than iPhone, which is almost trivial. Thats why you have so man

• Like 1
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Patrick33