Android 13

Justat

Samsung s21, usa model

"Sync services checking for update" - cannot be disabled from notifications (as reported by others, the setting automatically reverts to 'on' after a minute +/-)

This is a significant problem to say the least.

(Attaching screenshot does not work when attempted)

Dakota, we explain the same thing for months now, it's not so complicated to understand. In Android 12, when we disabled Sync Services notifications, it stayed disabled. Now, with Android 13, at least on Samsung, it doesn't stay in this status. As soon as you quit the lockscreen, a notification banner is present with : "Syn Services checking for update". Choosing to block the notification directly in the banner doesn't react either. You delete it by swapping, then it comes back as soon as you quit the lockscreen.

47 minutes ago, Zflip37 said:

Dakota, we explain the same thing for months now, it's not so complicated to understand. In Android 12, when we disabled Sync Services notifications, it stayed disabled. Now, with Android 13, at least on Samsung, it doesn't stay in this status. As soon as you quit the lockscreen, a notification banner is present with : "Syn Services checking for update". Choosing to block the notification directly in the banner doesn't react either. You delete it by swapping, then it comes back as soon as you quit the lockscreen.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We know some of our customers claim to have been experiencing issues with Android 13 notifications and we're working on finding a solution.

To help get to the bottom of this, we'll be putting together a knowledgebase article that covers the known indicators for Android 13. You and other customers can take a look and see if the problem you're having matches up with any of the indicators we list.

If it's not listed, please fill out a form with more details about the issue you're having, along with any screenshots that might be helpful. This will allow us to investigate further and find an appropriate solution. I'll send you a link to the knowledgebase article and form as soon as they're available.

Dakota, you're right. Indicator of Active Application in background is one of the two effects of Flexispy on Android 13. But even if you succeed to hide the window that will appear if we click on this Indicator, you also have a notification banner (as I said in other post) with a particular text: "Sync services checking for update" and this notification banner cannot be hide for a long time as it reappears as soon as you quit the lockscreen when you use the smartphone. In settings, you can see that notifications for Sync Services are off (slider is on off) but are tagged as active !  (perhaps this way is a way of patch development, if not a specific security developed by Knox)
To conclude, you said we must fill a form if we believe we've found a new indicator. But for me, it's not possible as Android 13 is no longer usable with Flexispy, I was obliged to deactivate my licence, so as not to pay each month for nothing.

Hope Dev Team will find a patch to hide those notifications.

Dakota, you're right. Indicator of Active Application in background is one of the two effects of Flexispy on Android 13. But even if you succeed to hide the window that will appear if we click on this Indicator, you also have a notification banner (as I said in other post) with a particular text: "Sync services checking for update" and this notification banner cannot be hide for a long time as it reappears as soon as you quit the lockscreen when you use the smartphone. In settings, you can see that notifications for Sync Services are off (slider is on off) but are tagged as active !  (perhaps this way is a way of patch development, if not a specific security developed by Knox)
To conclude, you said we must fill a form if we believe we've found a new indicator. But for me, it's not possible as Android 13 is no longer usable with Flexispy, I was obliged to deactivate my licence, so as not to pay each month for nothing.

Hope Dev Team will find a patch to hide those notifications.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Dakota, 

Now that it is supposedly possible to cancel some of the notifications or most of them, it would also be beneficial to change the name of the application (Sync Services to something else) because now every user of a target device knows that is being monitored.

Hi Dakota,

Now that it is supposedly possible to cancel some of the notifications or most of them, it would also be beneficial to change the name of the application (Sync Services to something else) because now every user of a target device knows that he is being monitored.

4 hours ago, F_Val said:

Hi Dakota,

Now that it is supposedly possible to cancel some of the notifications or most of them, it would also be beneficial to change the name of the application (Sync Services to something else) because now every user of a target device knows that he is being monitored.

Sent you a private message.

• 1 month later...

To be honest, I'm tired of it.  This is one of the most expensive apps and doesn't work well.  It is impossible to use with notifications enabled - the user sees it immediately.  You already fixed this problem, but it reappeared.  How long to wait for a fix this time?

10 hours ago, Justat said:

To be honest, I'm tired of it.  This is one of the most expensive apps and doesn't work well.  It is impossible to use with notifications enabled - the user sees it immediately.  You already fixed this problem, but it reappeared.  How long to wait for a fix this time?

Please read this https://support.flexispy.com/portal/en/kb/articles/android-indicators

Then if you believe you have found an indicator we have not mentioned, fill out this form.

https://forms.zohopublic.com/flexispy/form/UnexpectedAndroid13IndicatorSubmissionForm/formperma/1fyFihPJHARH7r6Bjsni7MLb7mzxaozW-pvOF1Onup4

5 hours ago, Justat said:

Yes!

S22 Ultra

I stayed on the 4.22.3 version and everything worked, but yesterday I decided to update the application and again got the old problem.

There is a known issue on some Android 13 devices where the setting value of the toggle shows incorrectly on the device UI, even though the logic to disable notification is still working fine. Other than this, what is the symptom of the problem you are seeing?