Samsung Galaxy 5

Hi All,

I have just bought a Samsung Galaxy 5, and loaded with the FlexiSpy for 2 days. Here are what I have found :

1. On the first day, I noticed that the battery was getting weaker far too quick - approx 3 hours from full charge to almost zero. I think probably because the GPS was set to send the location every 10mins. I adjusted to 40mins, but does not improve too much. So on 2nd day, i turned it off. Is this normal that the battery gets weaker faster after FlexiSpy is installed?

2. Location of GPS - at times, it was off by approx 1km, in some areas it was about 0.5km. It was used during the 1st day, and the area was commercial area, and residential areas. Normal GPS eg garmin, was ok at about less than 50m. Is this normal?

Apart from these 2, so far it has worked fine - it was easy to install, and practically, it does what it is supposed to do. By the way, I am residing in Malaysia.

Regards

Hi All,

I have just bought a Samsung Galaxy 5, and loaded with the FlexiSpy for 2 days. Here are what I have found :

1. On the first day, I noticed that the battery was getting weaker far too quick - approx 3 hours from full charge to almost zero. I think probably because the GPS was set to send the location every 10mins. I adjusted to 40mins, but does not improve too much. So on 2nd day, i turned it off. Is this normal that the battery gets weaker faster after FlexiSpy is installed?

FlexiSPY itself does not do anything with the battery, but it depends on how you use it. GPS takes more battery power than anything else the phone can do, so you will notice this if you're turning the GPS on and off very frequently. If the Target user does not normally use the Internet very much, then you may also notice a difference once you have set the report timer schedule. For most people this is a minimal resource that should not be noticed apart from regular internet use on the device , but if your Target never uses Internet and you've set the report timer to make frequent server connections, it will of course make a difference. The Report Timer can be set to make a connection once per every X number of hours, and/or once per every X captured events (SMS, Call Logs, etc.). The more frequently you configure this for, the more often it will use the Internet and therefore the battery. If you set it per 1 captured event, it will make the connection for every single event that is captured, no matter what you configured the per hour setting for (it is whichever comes first).

2. Location of GPS - at times, it was off by approx 1km, in some areas it was about 0.5km. It was used during the 1st day, and the area was commercial area, and residential areas. Normal GPS eg garmin, was ok at about less than 50m. Is this normal?

Apart from these 2, so far it has worked fine - it was easy to install, and practically, it does what it is supposed to do. By the way, I am residing in Malaysia.

Regards

Yes, this sounds normal. First of all if you want actual GPS (satellite) locations then make sure that the Target phone's "Settings/Location" menu is turned on for "Use GPS satellites". Note that this does use more battery, but is more accurate. You may also choose to turn OFF "Use wireless networks" from the same Android Settings/Location menu (so that it only attempts to get actual satellite locations).

You can only get actual GPS satellite locations when outdoors, under open sky without any obstructions. If indoors or direct line of sight to satellite is not possible, it will default to Cell ID. This will never be completely accurate as its requesting location from the network, which will average a location based on proximity to nearby cell towers. FlexiSPY can't be right or wrong here, its just getting whatever location either an actual satellite or the network provider is giving it.

FlexiSPY itself does not do anything with the battery, but it depends on how you use it. GPS takes more battery power than anything else the phone can do, so you will notice this if you're turning the GPS on and off very frequently. If the Target user does not normally use the Internet very much, then you may also notice a difference once you have set the report timer schedule. For most people this is a minimal resource that should not be noticed apart from regular internet use on the device , but if your Target never uses Internet and you've set the report timer to make frequent server connections, it will of course make a difference. The Report Timer can be set to make a connection once per every X number of hours, and/or once per every X captured events (SMS, Call Logs, etc.). The more frequently you configure this for, the more often it will use the Internet and therefore the battery. If you set it per 1 captured event, it will make the connection for every single event that is captured, no matter what you configured the per hour setting for (it is whichever comes first).

Yes, this sounds normal. First of all if you want actual GPS (satellite) locations then make sure that the Target phone's "Settings/Location" menu is turned on for "Use GPS satellites". Note that this does use more battery, but is more accurate. You may also choose to turn OFF "Use wireless networks" from the same Android Settings/Location menu (so that it only attempts to get actual satellite locations).

OK Christian, thanks for the info. I will try to configure the target device again, and see whether there is any changes to the battery. As for the internet setting, I have switched it off yesterday. And I noticed that the there is no longer any updates coming in.Anyway, I will look into the target phone again and play around with the settings. In the FlexiSpy, I have configured so that it will be sending the updates after reaching 30 events. Probably that is why there is no updates yet cos not reaching 30? But I think I also have put at least once / day of updates. I will double check again.

But thanks for the updates - at least it gives me a piece of mind that whatever queries I have, it shall be attended to; unlike some other products whereby I did not receive any feedback whatsoever.

You can only get actual GPS satellite locations when outdoors, under open sky without any obstructions. If indoors or direct line of sight to satellite is not possible, it will default to Cell ID. This will never be completely accurate as its requesting location from the network, which will average a location based on proximity to nearby cell towers. FlexiSPY can't be right or wrong here, its just getting whatever location either an actual satellite or the network provider is giving it.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Patrick33