Cell ID location discoverer

marty

In your webpage on location tracking (http://www.flexispy.com/cellID-gps-mobile-location-tracking.htm), you talk about a free cell id location discoverer:

"

Getting the Location

If the area name is not present in the LOCATION event reported in your FlexiSPY web account, then you can use our free cell id location discoverer to go "cell spotting" and track their alleged movements to the cell id reported. This cell id location discoverer offers the option for you to send the information to the FlexiSPY cell ID location database. This database will continue grow, and will be used to improve our service to our customers, and we will eventually connect this to Google Earth so that you can click on a location even and be taken to a map of the area. Please help us by sending the discoverer information when you are 'cell spotting".

"

Where can I find this database/tool ?

Regards

• Like 1

@lan

Yes, thats an alternative, but very old now. It needs manual send of coordinates in a http request, then that information must be transfer to googlemap.

The script works automatically, translate cellid to Latitud and Longitude and connect to googlemap. It is a web script, 1 click with 2 numbers necessary (LAC and CELLID).

Droopy has allowed me to test his script a bit, and so far it seems to be working pretty well. It hasn't missed a single cell id in my area yet, which was definitely not the case for the other options mentioned above. I guess the google api has pretty good coverage. The script also integrates it immediately with google maps like explained by droopy above.

@Ian and other flexispy people:

Frankly I think something like this should be integrated on the flexispy website. It would instantly make the LOC events based on cell id much more usefull as it would be possible to immediately display a map view as is now done for GPS LOC events.

It could even be integrated on the tracking page which now only works for GPS loc events.

And thinking further: Somehow being able to export a kmz/kml file from a number of LOC Cell ID events would be nice ....

Droopy has allowed me to test his script a bit, and so far it seems to be working pretty well. It hasn't missed a single cell id in my area yet, which was definitely not the case for the other options mentioned above. I guess the google api has pretty good coverage. The script also integrates it immediately with google maps like explained by droopy above.

@Ian and other flexispy people:

Frankly I think something like this should be integrated on the flexispy website. It would instantly make the LOC events based on cell id much more usefull as it would be possible to immediately display a map view as is now done for GPS LOC events.

It could even be integrated on the tracking page which now only works for GPS loc events.

And thinking further: Somehow being able to export a kmz/kml file from a number of LOC Cell ID events would be nice ....

We are looking in to integrating such functionality in to our web account in a future release but we have no completion date at this time.

We are looking in to integrating such functionality in to our web account in a future release but we have no completion date at this time.

That's great, it's relatively easy to get to the location of cell ids with the google api.

In the meantime I've written a little java application that creates a kml file (for google earth) from a flexispy export of LOCATION events. Working ok for me. Obviously, that's an offline thing, not intended for integration on a website.

Regards,

Marty

• 1 year later...

quoting the first poster from almost 2 years ago

" then you can use our free cell id location discoverer to go "cell spotting" and track their alleged movements to the cell id reported. "

Any update on this service that states you guys are working on it? thanks

Unfortunately we are no longer working on such a solution for cell iD and so therefore cell ID data and their location has to be researched by the end-user at all times.