Can i find a Mobile number, by searching the IMEI

EstherJane

I have an IMEI number. Is there a register that I can search to find out the mobile number?

Probably not. The IMEI is simply a type of serial number, or other unique identifier of the phone itself. The actual phone number is associated with the SIM card being used, and this can always change. Unless its a CDMA phone which doesn't use a SIM card, but in that case only the carrier will know what phones (IMEI's) are on its network.

FlexiSPY captures the IMEI of the device the software is installed on, but it does not directly read the phone number of the SIM being used (as far as I know, no similar software does this either). However, Pro and Pro-X versions usually do have SIM Change Notification, which can send you an SMS notice of the new phone number whenever the SIM is changed out.

Probably not. The IMEI is simply a type of serial number, or other unique identifier of the phone itself. The actual phone number is associated with the SIM card being used, and this can always change. Unless its a CDMA phone which doesn't use a SIM card, but in that case only the carrier will know what phones (IMEI's) are on its network.

FlexiSPY captures the IMEI of the device the software is installed on, but it does not directly read the phone number of the SIM being used (as far as I know, no similar software does this either). However, Pro and Pro-X versions usually do have SIM Change Notification, which can send you an SMS notice of the new phone number whenever the SIM is changed out.

That's because the phone number isn't stored on the SIM. The SIM does contain a 15 digit number (the IMSI) and when the phone connects to a network the IMSI is associated with the phone number in the network operator's database.

That's because the phone number isn't stored on the SIM. The SIM does contain a 15 digit number (the IMSI) and when the phone connects to a network the IMSI is associated with the phone number in the network operator's database.

Yes, but there is no register or any utility than can do a reverse lookup on an IMEI number. Only the network carrier can tell you the current number (which can always change) belonging to a given IMEI, and probably wouldn't do that unless you own the account, or under court order for an investigation. You would also need to know which network was carrying service for the device, although you might be able to tell which network sold the device if you have enough information about IMEI codes. In any case, the poster was basically asking about a reverse lookup type of IMEI service, which doesn't exist because phone numbers aren't permanently tied to the phone and the IMEI is proprietary information.

• 11 years later...