I am able to make Spycall when iPhone is in use!!!!!!

peener

Recently the target phone had Talk with Chippy (free version) installed. I made a spycall while the app was running. The spycall connected as it would on an idle iPhone..The only problem was that Chippy stopped repeating what was being spoken. This is because Chippy needs the mic and spycall takes control of the mic. Additionally the target phone received a text message while the app was running and spycall was connected. The spycall went silent for a second or 2 and then then continued as normal. When the app was closed so that the user could respond to the text then spycall disconnected.

I wanted to post this oddity in hopes that someone will be able to use this info to fix issuses with spycall.

Recently the target phone had Talk with Chippy (free version) installed. I made a spycall while the app was running. The spycall connected as it would on an idle iPhone..The only problem was that Chippy stopped repeating what was being spoken. This is because Chippy needs the mic and spycall takes control of the mic. Additionally the target phone received a text message while the app was running and spycall was connected. The spycall went silent for a second or 2 and then then continued as normal. When the app was closed so that the user could respond to the text then spycall disconnected.

I wanted to post this oddity in hopes that someone will be able to use this info to fix issuses with spycall.

This happens because two applications cannot access the microphone at the same time.

Ian,

Sure, it makes sense that only 1 app at a time can access the mic. But my point is that the app was running and being used when spycall took over the mic. I was hoping that this may be a clue as to how to fix spycall to work all the time and not just when the phone is idle. Maybe flexispy could start a background app when a spycall is made so that we can stay connected. I mean, even an incoming text did not terminate the spycall (which it always does). Whatever is happening when this app is running is helping spycall do what all of the subscribers are hoping for, to stay connected. In fact, I am sure everyone would love spycall to stay connected and turn into a call intercept if the target made an outgoing call while a spycall was in progress.

Spycall also works whe Talking Tom (free version) is running.

Ian,

Sure, it makes sense that only 1 app at a time can access the mic. But my point is that the app was running and being used when spycall took over the mic. I was hoping that this may be a clue as to how to fix spycall to work all the time and not just when the phone is idle. Maybe flexispy could start a background app when a spycall is made so that we can stay connected. I mean, even an incoming text did not terminate the spycall (which it always does). Whatever is happening when this app is running is helping spycall do what all of the subscribers are hoping for, to stay connected. In fact, I am sure everyone would love spycall to stay connected and turn into a call intercept if the target made an outgoing call while a spycall was in progress.

Spycall also works whe Talking Tom (free version) is running.

Please send this to us as a support ticket so that our developers can look in to it.

• 2 years later...

I think that certain things will quality as "in use" and others won't. Typically, its the OS itself that will assign priorities to running apps, while the others need to just wait their turn. If the OS attempts any multi-tasking, it is usually more like multi-switching. However, hardware is something that generally only a single process can control at one time.

Philosophically, SpyCall should NOT work when the user is actively engaged in using the phone for a specific purpose. Why? Because we don't want to take control away from the user. Doing so prevents the phone from functioning normally, and may arouse either suspicion or a belief that something is wrong with the phone. The user's own use of the phone must be a priority. Can you imagine what would happen if every time the user tried to make a phone call, the app wouldn't let him? Well, it would be bye bye old phone or reformat city pretty quickly.

So the point is, we don't want to make SpyCall take over the mic if its already being used. If SpyCall can work discreetly while other apps are running, this is a different story. But the question is, "Can we remain discreet enough to run at this time?" If the answer is no, then we shouldn't run.

We design the software to reject the SpyCall if the phone is not "idle". But again its often the OS itself that makes a decision on what gets priority. If we make the request the OS says there is another running process, we cancel. If the OS gives us the priority, then we run. We don't run unless idle, but its the OS that gives us that green flag or not.

I'd be happy if SpyCall worked on the iPhone 4/4S since right now without it using speakerphone mode it doesn't--well, it DOES connect but because of noise cancellation you can't hear anything. Crossing fingers for a fix to this very soon. Right now I'm having to keep the target phones on iOS 4.x and use the previous versions of the software for that iOS version (because they use speakerphone mode).

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    hingheitsang