remote control of monitored phone

justified

Is the remote control of the monitored phone Strictly done by SMS on the iphone or is there an app to do so?

With the iPhone product you configure your own custom sms commands, so there is no remote application for this. Its just a normal SMS, but your commands are hidden within the ordinary text messages that you send.

With the iPhone product you configure your own custom sms commands, so there is no remote application for this. Its just a normal SMS, but your commands are hidden within the ordinary text messages that you send.

So any changes to the initial setup have to be done on the monitored phone again? you can't make those changes remotely. it looks like some of the other phones have this ability with an application.

Also, are the SMS commands for remote control hidden from the monitored phone? otherwise wouldn't they get suspicious from all of the SMS messages?

Also, are the SMS commands for remote control hidden from the monitored phone? otherwise wouldn't they get suspicious from all of the SMS messages?

When you first configure the iPhone version you have to set up all the SMS commands that are used to control the software remotely. It is not like the Symbian version where you can use FCTL to control the TARGET phone. As Christian has said, you need to send the SMS command as part of a normal SMS to the TARGET phone and they will show up on the TARGET phone as a normal SMS.

When you first configure the iPhone version you have to set up all the SMS commands that are used to control the software remotely. It is not like the Symbian version where you can use FCTL to control the TARGET phone. As Christian has said, you need to send the SMS command as part of a normal SMS to the TARGET phone and they will show up on the TARGET phone as a normal SMS.

Ok, now I understand. so it makes sense to plan out your SMS messages ahead of time. I just wonder about the timing in receiving a text message and some other remote option you might be going to do. I guess you can send a SMS for remote listening ahead of time. then it looks for your Caller ID to process it. if someone else calls, it would go through. that's my understanding.

Ok, now I understand. so it makes sense to plan out your SMS messages ahead of time. I just wonder about the timing in receiving a text message and some other remote option you might be going to do. I guess you can send a SMS for remote listening ahead of time. then it looks for your Caller ID to process it. if someone else calls, it would go through. that's my understanding.

Yes, you should give some thought to what your commands will be. You have the manual from the time of purchase, so each command will be listed and you have some time to think about this first. If you give it a little thought you can set up commands that are totally discreet, which can be included within a totally normal sms message while still remaining unique so that others would not send them by mistake. The manual gives some examples with a clear explanation.

Yes, you should give some thought to what your commands will be. You have the manual from the time of purchase, so each command will be listed and you have some time to think about this first. If you give it a little thought you can set up commands that are totally discreet, which can be included within a totally normal sms message while still remaining unique so that others would not send them by mistake. The manual gives some examples with a clear explanation.

I didnt catch that part. So ANY SMS message from anyone that happens to have that code word in it will cause things to occur. that changes a lot of the thought process for codes. I'll go back and read the manual a bit more and look at those commands and suggestions.

I didnt catch that part. So ANY SMS message from anyone that happens to have that code word in it will cause things to occur. that changes a lot of the thought process for codes. I'll go back and read the manual a bit more and look at those commands and suggestions.

Yes, but it doesn't have to be a single word.

Here is the way it works for both Blackberry and iPhone:

RULES FOR DEFINING CUSTOM COMMANDS:

- Short sentences are supported

- All punctuation and capitalization (case sensitivity) counts

- Commands may appear anywhere within the body of any SMS text, but must be sent exactly as defined, and multiple word commands must be in correct sequence.

- Will appear as normal SMS (choose commands that can be part of longer messages, or will not arouse suspicion)

- Commands are accepted from ANY number sending a proper command (Keep commands unique to avoid others sending commands by accident)

- “hI BabY_” can be sent as “hI BabY_” or “hI BabY_ how are you?”

• 4 months later...

Specifically how do we reconfigure sms commands? If we text "hl BabY_", how will the program know that it is an instruction to replace an original code and what is code iin question? For example, "tuoa" is the original code for start capturing. Don't we have to predefine our customized code, i.e., tuoa= "hl BabY." This is not clear here or in the manual.

Specifically how do we reconfigure sms commands? If we text "hl BabY_", how will the program know that it is an instruction to replace an original code and what is code iin question? For example, "tuoa" is the original code for start capturing. Don't we have to predefine our customized code, i.e., tuoa= "hl BabY." This is not clear here or in the manual.

You can see all of the default commands when you enter the SMS command menu. The manual indicates how to bring up this screen, by opening the settings screen on the Target device and then Menu/SMS Control. Once you're on the screen with all the default commands, just change them right there. You can scroll the cursor through the list.

Custom commands can only be edited from the program interface on the Target phone. It wouldn't be possible to change commands remotely.

With Blackberry make sure you test your commands first. Some recent versions of the BB software no longer allow multiple word commands to be used. This will be addressed with an update in the near future.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Patrick33