Preparing for Android OS 12

DC1077

Hello, I think our phones will be updating to Android OS 12 in the next couple of months. Is it possible for the Flexispy developers to plan in advance for it or you have to wait for the actual release of the OS? I ask because OS updates always seem to kill the Flexispy software on my target phone. 

10 hours ago, Greg Dill said:

I don't let my target phone update or it will uninstall flexispy from the phone. I learned that the hard way. Any updates or security apps need to be turned off or they can remove flexispy from the phone. 

I tried to turn off updates but I don't think it worked. 

On 3/9/2021 at 10:41 AM, DC1077 said:

Hello, I think our phones will be updating to Android OS 12 in the next couple of months. Is it possible for the Flexispy developers to plan in advance for it or you have to wait for the actual release of the OS? I ask because OS updates always seem to kill the Flexispy software on my target phone. 

We are going to start testing Android 12 in the coming days. Newer phones might expect to see Google push the Android 12 update in September, so we have time. 

Regarding OS updates killing FlexiSPY — if the device is updated, FlexiSPY is still there, but our permissions are revoked and need to be manually set again. Having said this — if you use the install service — we use a sophisticated technique on all installs that prevents the device from updating to newer Android versions in the first place — so we'd recommend you do this if you're worried.

On 3/10/2021 at 1:24 AM, Dakota said:

We are going to start testing Android 12 in the coming days. Newer phones might expect to see Google push the Android 12 update in September, so we have time. 

Regarding OS updates killing FlexiSPY — if the device is updated, FlexiSPY is still there, but our permissions are revoked and need to be manually set again. Having said this — if you use the install service — we use a sophisticated technique on all installs that prevents the device from updating to newer Android versions in the first place — so we'd recommend you do this if you're worried.

Thank you Dakota, I will likely use the install service next time for help.