ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR Problem

Miguel1980

So, for the last week I have been getting the following error message every time I try to log in to the portal. 

This site can’t provide a secure connection

portal.flexispy.com sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

This issue occurs regardless of whether I am accessing from my phone, my desktop or my laptop. It happens with all browsers, and it happens with all ISP's I use in multiple locations. Thus, it is clearly a problem on Flexispy's end. 

I know that this error message is caused due to the webserver not providing an SSL certificate. This means that no certificate was available and therefore the OpenSSL client was unable to establish an encrypted connection.

However, when that happens the only way I can access the portal is to clear all my browser data and then override the security concern and force my browser to connect anyway. This is time consuming and frustrating. I have been using for well over a year, and this issue has only arisen in the last week. Can someone please get the SSL Certificate updated and/or fix whatever bug is not allowing it to be recognized? I don't want to keep having to delete my browser data a clear the cache ever time I need to log-in. 

Thank you for any help you can give. I haven't bothered to submit a ticket, because no one has ever responded to any of those in the past. 

This seems to be happening over Wi-Fi or LAN to certain customers. @Ata Loss @Miguel1980 — which Internet Provider are you using? For example, Comcast, AT&T?

Also, if you are able can you help to debug with the following steps.

1. Open Google Chrome Developer tools or Mozilla Firefox Developer Tools by pressing F12 on your keyboard
  2. Visit portal.flexispy.com
  3. Visit the security tab of the developer tools
  4. Capture and save a screenshot of the page
  5. Open the certificate details (click 'View Certificate' -> Open 'Details' tab)
  6. Capture and save a screen of the screen
  7. Send us the screenshots here or in private message

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/21/2020 at 2:12 AM, Dakota said:

Hi guys. Thanks to @Miguel1980 willingness to troubleshoot with us we believe to have found the solution to this problem and have posted an article here

Thank you very much for fixing this @Dakota! I unfortunately could not figure out how to debug a webpage. If possible, may you please help with an unaddressed support ticket since July? It was closed out and not addressed. It is ticket #68059. I have also messaged you and @Architectat these forums and they were not seen yet. Architect has been helping me with an advanced issue so I need your or Architect's help, please? (Or anyone who is just as highly knowledgeable with advanced technical issues). Thank you very much!

On 11/30/2020 at 12:19 AM, Ata Loss said:

Thank you very much for fixing this @Dakota! I unfortunately could not figure out how to debug a webpage. If possible, may you please help with an unaddressed support ticket since July? It was closed out and not addressed. It is ticket #68059. I have also messaged you and @Architectat these forums and they were not seen yet. Architect has been helping me with an advanced issue so I need your or Architect's help, please? (Or anyone who is just as highly knowledgeable with advanced technical issues). Thank you very much!

Hi @Ata Loss — regarding your ticket being closed, we are looking into this now. As for your communication with Architect I will follow up with him around this

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 4:00 AM, Dakota said:

Hi @Ata Loss — regarding your ticket being closed, we are looking into this now. As for your communication with Architect I will follow up with him around this

Thank you @Dakota! I have not heard back from you yet and it has been nearly 2 weeks since you said that you can help. Are you all still able to help me? I need this issue resolved so that I can get a new phone by Christmas, please. Thank you!

Edited by Ata Loss

On 12/13/2020 at 7:18 AM, Ata Loss said:

Thank you @Dakota! I have not heard back from you yet and it has been nearly 2 weeks since you said that you can help. Are you all still able to help me? I need this issue resolved so that I can get a new phone by Christmas, please. Thank you!

Hi Ata Loss. I am sorry for the delay in response. I have replied to your message regarding the Express phone.

1 hour ago, Dakota said:

Hi Ata Loss. I am sorry for the delay in response. I have replied to your message regarding the Express phone.

Thank you so much! I have a few more questions in my reply. I am weighing all of my options but I think all of what you have suggested has helped a lot. Hopefully the clarifications that I currently seek will help me make a decision within this next day. Thank you very much for all of your help again!

• 1 year later...

When a browser shows the Err_ssl_protocol_error, it indicates the browser is no longer able to access or initiate the secured communication. There is no definite guide for managing this error. Follow given steps to resolve this error from Client side:

• Try correcting the system date and time.
  • Try clearing Google Chrome browsing data.
  • Try clearing your SSL State.
  • Try disabling the QUIC Protocol.
  • Try checking your antivirus settings.
  • Try enabling all SSL/TLS versions.  

Also, this error is because of the following server side problems:

• Invalid SSL or SSL is untrusted (self-signed)
  • SSL Not installed properly
  • Old Technology or SSL/TLS version for encryption

• 1 year later...