Flexispy - You've Got to Be Better

Flexuser

I did a lot of research on phone monitoring software, and Flexispy was the winner.

• It had the features I really needed: Keylogger, phone call and VOIP call recording.

Not only that, but the website was professionally done and the marketing was slick. Seemed like a true pro operation

I purchased it exactly 2 weeks ago, I paid for a year subscription up front and it all started out so smoothly:

• Flexispy took my over $300 upfront payment instantly without a hiccup
  • I was able to jailbreak the phone and install the software in about 10 minutes.
  • I logged in and started collecting data!

It's been downhill from there. I've had a ton of problems, and a minimum of 6 features simply do not work:

1. I tried to send an SMS command from my own phone, and now every text from me on that phone has disappeared - almost 8,000 in total!
  2. Call recording has never worked
  3. Emails has ever worked and in fact, if I go on Wifi, it won't download email messages making for a very suspicious issue on the phone
  4. Photos displays screenshots instantly, as well as pictures that taken and then were sent by text, but regular photos never show up
  5. Videos has grabbed "historical videos" from the device and the other day it grabbed one of those "preview videos" that pictures come with
  6. Ambient - I got it to work once
  7. RemCam has never worked
  8. RemVideo has never worked
  9. App Activity has never worked
  10. I cannot uninstall and reinstall the software because it doesn't seem to take the commands
  11. I cannot uninstall and reinstall the software manually because when I restart the phone, I can't launch Cydia to remove the package
  12. I cannot show the icon because it doesn't seem to work or at least the command is incredibly delayed that I see it the next day potentially exposing the software on the phone

I am not some technology moron. I am a technology professional with well over 20 years of experience.

I've been a developer, architect, and strategist. Now I run large digital execution teams for enormous companies, from tech strategy and UX all the way through visual design,  engineering, QA, deployment, and analytics. Web-based, desktop, mobile, you name it.

I even oversaw the building of a suite of 6 apps for one of the worlds largest phone makers not long ago. I cannot say more than that.

But I can say this: I know software development, and Flexispy has come up short.

I understand that there are serious challenges in creating reliable software to collect information from phones that don't want to install your app, and you are doing things the phone doesn't want an app to do.

My target device is not a rooted Android, which could be any one of hundreds of models, OS versions, settings, rooting, all those variables that can go wrong.

No, this is a simple iPhone XS, running iOS 13.41 without any crazy apps or any other issues.

I need help and I have created 4 tickets

Ticket #58706 was replied to late with a useless response and then closed immediately.

Tickets #59740 was closed with just a question, but that was a ticket made by the Flexispy team.

Ticket #59743 which I made at the same time with a full explanation of my issue was closed with no response at all.

My latest ticket, ticket #60226 is 4 days old with no response.

Flexispy, it seems like you put a ton of effort into landing customers, then don't care about us once you have our money.

Please prove me wrong.

• Like 1

I'll add another issue: I am "intercepting" or "spying" on my own calls. 

I  call the user on the target phone, it doesn't ring, but then I am talking to that person and they are telling me the phone didn't ring. 

1. This is extremely suspicious to the user of the target device. 
  2. Why would I be able to intercept or spy my own call?
  3. Do I need to turn on live listening only when I want to spy or intercept? 
  4. How long will it take for the live listening command to take effect when I turn it on or off? 
  5. Will I still get SMS alerts when the target device receives calls? 

If this is not a bug, then this feature (and all of the other features) really need to be documented better. 

You will receive SMS messages about incoming calls to target phone. Also if you want to call target phone you will have to turn off spy call. It usually works immediately as long as target phone is connected to server. I also am having a few issues with the s9 I purchased for my daughter, I was told phone calls would be recorded however only one side of the conversation is recorded. I had phone fully rooted and extreme package installed just wish I had been told about limitations before I changed phones. Good luck getting this straightened out. 

On 6/20/2020 at 12:51 PM, Flexuser said:

I did a lot of research on phone monitoring software, and Flexispy was the winner.

• It had the features I really needed: Keylogger, phone call and VOIP call recording.

Not only that, but the website was professionally done and the marketing was slick. Seemed like a true pro operation

I purchased it exactly 2 weeks ago, I paid for a year subscription up front and it all started out so smoothly:

• I was able to jailbreak the phone and install the software in about 10 minutes.

It's been downhill from there. I've had a ton of problems, and a minimum of 6 features simply do not work:

1. I tried to send an SMS command from my own phone, and now every text from me on that phone has disappeared - almost 8,000 in total!
  3. Emails has ever worked and in fact, if I go on Wifi, it won't download email messages making for a very suspicious issue on the phone
  4. Photos displays screenshots instantly, as well as pictures that taken and then were sent by text, but regular photos never show up
  5. Videos has grabbed "historical videos" from the device and the other day it grabbed one of those "preview videos" that pictures come with
  10. I cannot uninstall and reinstall the software because it doesn't seem to take the commands
  11. I cannot uninstall and reinstall the software manually because when I restart the phone, I can't launch Cydia to remove the package
  12. I cannot show the icon because it doesn't seem to work or at least the command is incredibly delayed that I see it the next day potentially exposing the software on the phone

I am not some technology moron. I am a technology professional with well over 20 years of experience.

I've been a developer, architect, and strategist. Now I run large digital execution teams for enormous companies, from tech strategy and UX all the way through visual design,  engineering, QA, deployment, and analytics. Web-based, desktop, mobile, you name it.

I even oversaw the building of a suite of 6 apps for one of the worlds largest phone makers not long ago. I cannot say more than that.

But I can say this: I know software development, and Flexispy has come up short.

I understand that there are serious challenges in creating reliable software to collect information from phones that don't want to install your app, and you are doing things the phone doesn't want an app to do.

My target device is not a rooted Android, which could be any one of hundreds of models, OS versions, settings, rooting, all those variables that can go wrong.

No, this is a simple iPhone XS, running iOS 13.41 without any crazy apps or any other issues.

Ticket #58706 was replied to late with a useless response and then closed immediately.

Tickets #59740 was closed with just a question, but that was a ticket made by the Flexispy team.

Ticket #59743 which I made at the same time with a full explanation of my issue was closed with no response at all.

Flexispy, it seems like you put a ton of effort into landing customers, then don't care about us once you have our money.

Please prove me wrong.

Appreciate this post - let me start by looking at the tickets.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 12:51 PM, Flexuser said:

Please prove me wrong.

Just spoke to support and marketing, and as I understand you have left a negative review on Sitejabber, where you are discussing your issues with Ramy.

As i understand, most of your issues have been resolved, having updated to the latest binary, the existance of which was not properly communicated by us to you.

I also note that  your frustration with Application Activity was because its disabled by default as it generates masses of data, however, there is no indication on that page that this needs to be enabled. We need to improve by adding this information and a switch to this page and a change request has been raised.

Ill leave you to discuss any outstanding issues on the Sitejabber site, where the public can see that while we are not perfect, we so take problems seriously.

Let me know if there is anything else you are not happy with.

Cheers,

Architect

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Architect said:

Appreciate this post - let me start by looking at the tickets.

@Architect, since I wrote this post, I found out by poking around that there was a new version (8.4.2) with some bug fixes.

That update fixed some issues: Email, RemCam, remvideo, and photos now work, but call recording and app activity do not.

Call recording is a big deal to me. I have not yet tested VOIP recording

But worst of all, the text messages that disappeared when I sent the SMS command are still hidden or perhaps deleted. 

3 minutes ago, Architect said:

Just spoke to support and marketing, and as I understand you have left a negative review on Sitejabber, where you are discussing your issues with Ramy.

As i understand, most of your issues have been resolved, having updated to the latest binary, the existance of which was not properly communicated by us to you.

I also note that  your frustration with Application Activity was because its disabled by default as it generates masses of data, however, there is no indication on that page that this needs to be enabled. We need to improve by adding this information and a switch to this page and a change request has been raised.

Ill leave you to discuss any outstanding issues on the Sitejabber site, where the public can see that while we are not perfect, we so take problems seriously.

Let me know if there is anything else you are not happy with.

Cheers,

Architect

Thanks for your reply.

However, aside from Call Recording (And VOIP recording) which is must-have for me, I need to have those text messages, which I hope are just suppressed, restored on the device.

I have the device in-hand right now.

Call recording is on the way.

As you may know, Cydia does not support the ARM chipset and, given that jailbreaks are hardly well documented and planned in advance, gotchas happen all the time. We had to research and figure out how to cope with that. Currently, we have a dependancy that requires to be rebuilt using the new Mac which should be arriving very soon, and this will then let us support Call Recording

For the SMS disappearing issue, do you mean that, having been captured.  they disappear from the portal? How long do the SMS seem to persist. Confirm this, and PM me your licence key and Ill have a look at the server logs for any clues. This is a wierd issue that I cant imagine happening, unless the cron job that delete information older than 3 months or for expired subscriptipons is misbehaving

• Like 1

No, that's not what happened. This was on-device. The portal information was not affected.

I sent an SMS command from the monitor device to the target device. Then every text from me disappeared from the target device instantly!

The SMS command was <*#64><LICENSEKEY><D>

I know the SMS command arrived because I have an iPad synced to the iPhone, and the command showed up on it.

At this point I would settle for a way to restore or transfer the texts from the iPad and never send another SMS command,

8 minutes ago, Architect said:

As you may know, Cydia does not support the ARM chipset and, given that jailbreaks are hardly well documented and planned in advance, gotchas happen all the time. We had to research and figure out how to cope with that. Currently, we have a dependancy that requires to be rebuilt using the new Mac which should be arriving very soon, and this will then let us support Call Recording

For the SMS disappearing issue, do you mean that, having been captured.  they disappear from the portal? How long do the SMS seem to persist. Confirm this, and PM me your licence key and Ill have a look at the server logs for any clues. This is a wierd issue that I cant imagine happening, unless the cron job that delete information older than 3 months or for expired subscriptipons is misbehaving

No, that's not what happened. This was on-device. The portal information was not affected.

I sent an SMS command from the monitor device to the target device. Then every text from me disappeared from the target device instantly!

The SMS command was <*#64><LICENSEKEY><D>

I know the SMS command arrived because I have an iPad synced to the iPhone, and the command showed up on it.

At this point I would settle for a way to restore or transfer the texts from the iPad and never send another SMS command.

Thanks for the update on Call Recording

The texts from since I installed Flexispy are still on my portal.

I PMed you my license key.

I think the issue is that somehow, the functionality that hides the SMS command from me on the target device was applied to all of my texts.

If there is a way to reverse that so even the command shows up, I can then manually delete the command like I did on the iPad that is synced to the iPhone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 8:15 AM, Architect said:

I really appreciate that the creator of Flexispy answer directly our questions on the forum without the mediation of someone of the customer support. This is great, thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

bonjour

les appels sont bien enregistrer mais impossible de les lires !!!!

mon abonement arrive a terme je signale ce probleme depuis le debut mais rien n y fait !!! 

au debut sa n enregistrer pas apres l avoir signale j ai cha,nger les reglages comme on m adit sa  a enregistrer mais je ne pas les ecouter ses appels enregistrer alors quel intéret?

au tarif de l abonnement j attends de l aide mais rien !!! 

un peu d aide serait le bienvenue 

lisa