Over a week

AngelEyes

No one has heard from Architect

The tech support does not process the tickets

The commands still don't work no matter how many times you turn the device on and off

when does this end?

Just frustrating  aggravating for sure

I don't think anyone there is working anymore

Maybe just abandoned not sure.

Just seems odd that so many can't get this fixed with so many tickets in place

The reviews of newbies online show lots of very angry people also

All of the new things they did over a month ago messed up the whole system that was

not broken to begin with

I have spent the last three days debugging this issue, and its intermittent, and the goal  to make it reproducible in a way we can trace the issue is going to require a redesign of the system, so that we can track the command from the portal, thru a service layer, to one of two push servers, to the command processing queue in the client, to the automated crash reporting, to the connection of returned system events to the command that was issued by the portal.

This way, a command can be completely traceable. This is not a trivial task, but I have started to do the initial design. When that's complete, we have to reassign resources so do the implementation and testing.

Im sharing this with you so that you understand that you are not being ignored - that does not help us in any way, but that it will not be available in the immediate term.

I also believe that the issue is compounded by the fact that all the complaints are from non rooted devices. In this case, our app does not have the ability to control connections and the lifecycle is at the mercy of the OS.

I will keep posting updates, but in the meantime, I recommend that you root the target device, as empirical data shows that this environment is far more reliable.

2 hours ago, Architect said:

I have spent the last three days debugging this issue, and its intermittent, and the goal  to make it reproducible in a way we can trace the issue is going to require a redesign of the system, so that we can track the command from the portal, thru a service layer, to one of two push servers, to the command processing queue in the client, to the automated crash reporting, to the connection of returned system events to the command that was issued by the portal.

This way, a command can be completely traceable. This is not a trivial task, but I have started to do the initial design. When that's complete, we have to reassign resources so do the implementation and testing.

Im sharing this with you so that you understand that you are not being ignored - that does not help us in any way, but that it will not be available in the immediate term.

I also believe that the issue is compounded by the fact that all the complaints are from non rooted devices. In this case, our app does not have the ability to control connections and the lifecycle is at the mercy of the OS.

I will keep posting updates, but in the meantime, I recommend that you root the target device, as empirical data shows that this environment is far more reliable.

Architect good morning

Thank you very much for such of detailed update... from my side, the installation  of the software was done by your installation team and the person who did it told me that was not possible to root the phone, in any case I dont have phisycal access to the target phone now, specially with the covid19 situation. 

But I appreciate the effort you are putting on to resolve the issue and I believe  it's not a easy task, for now I will wait for you guys to manage to resolved, I just appreciated that you keep us update so we know what's happening while we wait ( or at least I speak for my self ) communication is key in a business!!!

9 minutes ago, Felix said:

Architect good morning

Thank you very much for such of detailed update... from my side, the installation  of the software was done by your installation team and the person who did it told me that was not possible to root the phone, in any case I dont have phisycal access to the target phone now, specially with the covid19 situation. 

But I appreciate the effort you are putting on to resolve the issue and I believe  it's not a easy task, for now I will wait for you guys to manage to resolved, I just appreciated that you keep us update so we know what's happening while we wait ( or at least I speak for my self ) communication is key in a business!!!

Thank you for the feedback - it appreciated.

If anyone would like to test a beta when its available, please let me know. My expectation is that I will compete the design by Wednesday, and we _may_ have a beta in 2 weeks, depending on resources, and if we can have developer back in the office.

3 hours ago, Architect said:

Thank you for the feedback - it appreciated.

If anyone would like to test a beta when its available, please let me know. My expectation is that I will compete the design by Wednesday, and we _may_ have a beta in 2 weeks, depending on resources, and if we can have developer back in the office.

Hi Architec.

I am up for it as long we dont need physical access to the target phone and if helps to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Get latest device settings is not updating at all.

Not sure why however it will show days before it gives you a more recent time.

The commands of course still don't work

BETA would be fine but I don't have access and won't for a long time.

Also it is very hard to have access even when it is available and then you have to pay again to have reinstalled

There must be an answer here.  I understand it is technical but it seems the App does not write over other apps for something