Beep tone on the target phone while enabling "Intercept call" option

I know that with other hardware/software combinations Flexispy claimed to be able to turn the beep on the target phone during "intercept call" off.

Unfortunately, for the time being this is not the case for iPhone 3. At the moment of call interception, beep can be heard on the targeted iPhone 3, as someone is trying to access the same phone number at the same time (actually, this is exactly what is happening). Is it possible to turn the beep off? Another problem is that for a few moments after interception is enabled, the targeted iPhone displayed an information related to the establishment of the "conference call" and reveals the identity of the monitor phone number. Thus, at least for iPhone 3 (AT&T, US) for now, "Intercept Call" feature is not a stealth feature at all. Developers: can you please address this issue?

I know that with other hardware/software combinations Flexispy claimed to be able to turn the beep on the target phone during "intercept call" off.

Unfortunately, for the time being this is not the case for iPhone 3. At the moment of call interception, beep can be heard on the targeted iPhone 3, as someone is trying to access the same phone number at the same time (actually, this is exactly what is happening). Is it possible to turn the beep off? Another problem is that for a few moments after interception is enabled, the targeted iPhone displayed an information related to the establishment of the "conference call" and reveals the identity of the monitor phone number. Thus, at least for iPhone 3 (AT&T, US) for now, "Intercept Call" feature is not a stealth feature at all. Developers: can you please address this issue?

At this time, for the iPhone version, we cannot turn off any messages that relate to a conference call being established. In fact I would recommend that you check with your network provider as their rules and implications in accordance with using conference calls can interfere with call intercept.

At this time, for the iPhone version, we cannot turn off any messages that relate to a conference call being established. In fact I would recommend that you check with your network provider as their rules and implications in accordance with using conference calls can interfere with call intercept.

What the heck does that mean? What rules and implications? Most iPhones are on the AT&T network. Are you saying there is no way to make the call intercept function work without alerting the target? If so, you need to make that clear to perspective customers who may want the software based upon that feature. If you know this feature is not fully useable why would you tout it when selling the product? I know I am disappointed. I paid a premium to get the spy call and call intercept. I can't use them. I do like the parts of the product that are useable but I could have gotten that much cheaper.

I was hoping that your development people would be working on a fix for the issue. Now it seems that the answer lies within the "network provider as their rules and implications in accordance with using conference calls" (whatever that means). Please elaborate and explain exactly what that means. Is this something we can address with AT&T?

What the heck does that mean? What rules and implications? Most iPhones are on the AT&T network. Are you saying there is no way to make the call intercept function work without alerting the target? If so, you need to make that clear to perspective customers who may want the software based upon that feature. If you know this feature is not fully useable why would you tout it when selling the product? I know I am disappointed. I paid a premium to get the spy call and call intercept. I can't use them. I do like the parts of the product that are useable but I could have gotten that much cheaper.

I was hoping that your development people would be working on a fix for the issue. Now it seems that the answer lies within the "network provider as their rules and implications in accordance with using conference calls" (whatever that means). Please elaborate and explain exactly what that means. Is this something we can address with AT&T?

It seems that Flexispy is trying to be "a little bit pregnant" instead of "pregnant". It is impossible. Either you are pregnant, or not.

It seems that Flexispy is trying to be "a little bit pregnant" instead of "pregnant". It is impossible. Either you are pregnant, or not.

This will be passed on to our development team.

When we have a new version available for iPhone it will be announced on our Support page in the NEWS section.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

This will be passed on to our development team.

When we have a new version available for iPhone it will be announced on our Support page in the NEWS section.

Thanks.

I do not know how you can work around the call waiting "beep" tone that the carrier (ATT Wireless in the USA) sends down the line when the monitor phone is connecting to the target phone. However, if you can keep the iphone from displaying the incoming call (from the monitoring phone) that would be a large improvement in function since the target user will likely pull the phone off his/her ear to look at the display when they hear the beep.

If you can fix this issue you will earn much respect in the marketplace. As it stands, all of us users who paid 30% higher price in order to intercept calls in realtime are left with a disappointment. I hope that your brilliant software development team can work around this issue on the new IOS4 version. Soon there will be very few iphones running the version 3.x firmware.

I do not know how you can work around the call waiting "beep" tone that the carrier (ATT Wireless in the USA) sends down the line when the monitor phone is connecting to the target phone. However, if you can keep the iphone from displaying the incoming call (from the monitoring phone) that would be a large improvement in function since the target user will likely pull the phone off his/her ear to look at the display when they hear the beep.

If you can fix this issue you will earn much respect in the marketplace. As it stands, all of us users who paid 30% higher price in order to intercept calls in realtime are left with a disappointment. I hope that your brilliant software development team can work around this issue on the new IOS4 version. Soon there will be very few iphones running the version 3.x firmware.

As I said. It is the network provider that provides the beep tones and such. We are working on trying to eliminate them but sadly I cannot give you an exact release date of any new versions at this time.

• 1 month later...

As I said. It is the network provider that provides the beep tones and such. We are working on trying to eliminate them but sadly I cannot give you an exact release date of any new versions at this time.

Just wondering... maybe there could be a way in SW to turn off the speaker sound or turn it down very low for a second so that the user doesn't hear that tone. I have no idea if the phones allow SW control of the speaker. If you could do this, the user would just think they were in a short fade, which happens from time to time.

Just wondering... maybe there could be a way in SW to turn off the speaker sound or turn it down very low for a second so that the user doesn't hear that tone. I have no idea if the phones allow SW control of the speaker. If you could do this, the user would just think they were in a short fade, which happens from time to time.

Thanks for the advice Legend. Our engineers are working on this and as soon as their are any improvements it will be announced on our main site and also our support site.

• 2 months later...

There is no update on this at this time. As call intercept is based on conference call technology which is provided by the network providers the beeps are used to signal someone joining or leaving the conference and so, at this time, we have no way to remove it.

There is no update on this at this time. As call intercept is based on conference call technology which is provided by the network providers the beeps are used to signal someone joining or leaving the conference and so, at this time, we have no way to remove it.

Did you guys look into shutting off or muting the volume on the speaker for a second or so... if you can do it I am sure this would be an acceptable solution for everyone.

Another idea less likely and harder... analyze the tone, if its a single frequency it is possible to notch filter it. However, I kinda doubt that you have access to the digital voice signal with the ability to do DSP.

Did you guys look into shutting off or muting the volume on the speaker for a second or so... if you can do it I am sure this would be an acceptable solution for everyone.

Another idea less likely and harder... analyze the tone, if its a single frequency it is possible to notch filter it. However, I kinda doubt that you have access to the digital voice signal with the ability to do DSP.

Bumped to see if you guys checked if its possible to mute the speaker for a second or so to block this network beep on call intercept.

• 1 year later...

There is no reason for Apple to find anything on the TARGET phone. However they will most likely restore it which would mean you would need to jailbreak it again and then reinstall our software again completely. We are still working on the battery life issue and it is one of our main issues to have resolved.

Hi Ian, the battery drain is a critical problem, because the target phone not only consume all battery life in 6-7 hours, also, the phone remains hot and the people targeted say "this iPhone have a problem, go to apple for change the device". Can you give us aprox date for solve this issue?

Battery issues have been raised with our developers, who have already researched the problem and are now working on a resolution. All updates and announcements are always posted on the front page of our Support Center, or in the NEWS section at http://support.flexispy.com.

Unless you are replying to the existing topic, please start a NEW topic when you want to ask a NEW question.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Patrick33