Anybody have issues with the software not working?

Ata Loss

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/17/2019 at 4:54 PM, Ata Loss said:

In addition, how do you prevent GP from connecting to the internet?

I have no root firewall and I block GP from downloading by prohibiting the "Download" app from connecting to the internet.  I also block GP & GP services, but they have either occasionally bypassed the firewall by turning it off or I have needed to keep GP/GP services switched on.

since GP updates on a schedule, I simply allow "Download" to connect to the internet as needed & switch it off when not in use.

I also use a no root program that allows me to prevent GP from opening completely

On 12/17/2019 at 4:52 PM, Ata Loss said:

Do you still have the old version of Flexispy? I think that might be a possible solution? I had an older version from this summer then after updating it, I am running into these issues. I try resyncing often but it is not possible to be constantly resyncing throughout the day. Once Flexispy stops on my target, restarting the phone does not work. I need to uninstall and reinstall. I have done the same with the battery settings. I turned off the battery saving settings too. What is the clean master app and what other apps should I be looking out for? The target does not have any security apps. Thank you!

I watch data saving apps (like clean master), virus protection apps, battery savings apps, and i check every single setting the phone has (in the settings menu)....GP also has specialized settings that override phone settings in the GP accounts section.  I also check all permissions on any app that may interfere with this app.

6 hours ago, baktus22 said:

Ata loss- from what i read in this tread i dont think we have the same problem. Mine is keep updating but the point is that although calls, sms etc.  update immediately, when i want to make an ambient record for example it only starts after the sync recycle time has reach the 10 min. elapse. If the app syncs every 10 min. starting, let say, at 10:00 am and i sent a command at 10:02, than it will start record only at 10:10, but willl record. This is something i never expirienced before.

I have two separate issues now. The issue that you are mentioning about the commands such as for ambient recordings or anything else do not go through immediately as usual. I need to press the sync button to send the command so I can send another command. Therefore, if I want to set 4 fifteen minute recordings for an hour, I will have to sync each time to send a new command. It takes much longer than it should. My phone was connected to a stable internet source too. This problem sounds similar to mine. It might be related to the server maybe? I sent a ticket but I am unsure if support will help me due to my other issue.

1 hour ago, Ata Loss said:

I have two separate issues now. The issue that you are mentioning about the commands such as for ambient recordings or anything else do not go through immediately as usual. I need to press the sync button to send the command so I can send another command. Therefore, if I want to set 4 fifteen minute recordings for an hour, I will have to sync each time to send a new command. It takes much longer than it should. My phone was connected to a stable internet source too. This problem sounds similar to mine. It might be related to the server maybe? I sent a ticket but I am unsure if support will help me due to my other issue.

I even dont have the sync button....

As for helping us- take a look at Architect answer above. It may take some time though.

I experienced a lot with Flexispy in the last years and I definitely suggest everybody to use Flexispy on a rooted phone. Better on Samsung phones and better on Android till version 7.0
With Android 8 or 9 Flexispy works but with some issues.

10 hours ago, Ata Loss said:

I will also multiple commands to the attempt to recreate the problem

8 hours ago, Brutus66 said:

I experienced a lot with Flexispy in the last years and I definitely suggest everybody to use Flexispy on a rooted phone. Better on Samsung phones and better on Android till version 7.0
With Android 8 or 9 Flexispy works but with some issues.

This is so true - on a rooted device, we have almost full control of things. On an unrooted device, we have to develop so much complex code to get around all the restrictions, and even then, there is a limit to what you can do.

Don't forget we have an install service that will remotely root and install FlexiSPY for you, if you can connect you phone to a computer. If the device cant be rooted, you get your money back

Also, you could consider buying a fully configured pre installed phone from FlexiSPY EXPRESS, and we have some very low cost device there.

14 hours ago, Ata Loss said:

Please PM me your licence key or ticket number so I can examine your account 

45 minutes ago, Architect said:

Server is up - will establish root cause starting Monday. Can you retry your commands and let me know here the results

Thank you, Architect.  After years of dealing with a clueless customer service team, your clear, specific replies are a delightful breath of fresh air. 

Any chance you can point the way to the "customer only" forums?  I've heard of it from other users, but have never been able to find it.... customer service has never heard of a "customer only" forum.... does it exist?

17 hours ago, trying again2 said:

Thank you, Architect.  After years of dealing with a clueless customer service team, your clear, specific replies are a delightful breath of fresh air. 

Any chance you can point the way to the "customer only" forums?  I've heard of it from other users, but have never been able to find it.... customer service has never heard of a "customer only" forum.... does it exist?

Inot sure that we formally maintain these forums. They are an incredible drain on resources for something that support is for,. We spend a lot on support with LIVE CHAT 24x7 and tickets with a 24 hour SLA. Let me check with the marketing team on Monday and Ill let you know. 

3 hours ago, Architect said:

Inot sure that we formally maintain these forums. They are an incredible drain on resources for something that support is for,. We spend a lot on support with LIVE CHAT 24x7 and tickets with a 24 hour SLA. Let me check with the marketing team on Monday and Ill let you know. 

First, i`d like to thank you for your responses and the way you treat and help us, the customers, the way that should be learned by your support team. The answer that i received from support member to the ticket i sent was:

"For FlexiSPY to help you troubleshoot any technical problem, please make sure you're running on the latest version of FlexiSPY software first. You can verify this by logging into your account. If you see the message "Software Update Available", it means there is a newer version of the software waiting for you to install. Kindly verify the connection and if the phone is connecting, click on the button and follow the instruction to remotely update software on it. Once you're on the latest version, please test the feature that you're having an issue with and if you still experience an issue, please come back and let us know."

Well, as far as i see, this is not a serious answer or a way to try solve a problem! 

The way you are acting- this is a real customer service. Thanks and keep up with your excellent work.    

32 minutes ago, baktus22 said:

First, i`d like to thank you for your responses and the way you treat and help us, the customers, the way that should be learned by your support team. The answer that i received from support member to the ticket i sent was:

"For FlexiSPY to help you troubleshoot any technical problem, please make sure you're running on the latest version of FlexiSPY software first. You can verify this by logging into your account. If you see the message "Software Update Available", it means there is a newer version of the software waiting for you to install. Kindly verify the connection and if the phone is connecting, click on the button and follow the instruction to remotely update software on it. Once you're on the latest version, please test the feature that you're having an issue with and if you still experience an issue, please come back and let us know."

Well, as far as i see, this is not a serious answer or a way to try solve a problem! 

The way you are acting- this is a real customer service. Thanks and keep up with your excellent work.    

I understand the frustration, especially when you have expert customers who know more than the first line service rep!

The majority of questions we get are very simple and easily handled with the existing staff. However, FlexiSPY is a massively complex system with many dependencies at the back end, and to solve these, the CSR needs to get a base level of information that can be passed to the development team.

This requires getting the device to the latest version (eliminating the possibility of a old bug), the os version, firmware level, a clear description of the problem and a way to reproduce.

I do agree that we can do a better job to explain to customers why we ask what seem to be dumb questions, and you know what - some cases, they are dumb questions 😃

As I designed the entire system over 15 years, and am the final technical authority, I can make a good guess at what the problem is and get to the point, but that's not scalable, which is why we have CSR.

I rarely look at the forum, and was considering discontinuing it, but I can see its value in having motivated or (exasperated!) customers express themselves, and hence make our service better. I will start to look at this more often, but we cant have it become a support channel, because then customers would really get angry when I did not answer with an SLA.

PS: Push server is being restarted, and Ill update you on what we find on Monday

PPS: With Xmas and the New Year, we have a skeleton staff, so I cant guarantee a timescale, but its of vital importance and will be done as soon as possible

My last "customer service" reply to a devastating problem i was having was  "we don't know what happened and we can't help you".

(The problem was that Flexispy stopped all scheduled recordings without warning) I found the way to restart the recordings here, on this forum.

.... the forums were/are my lifeline & provide real answers to real problems, both for your customers and for the customers of similar products.  The global community needs YOUR forum.  Thank you for this product, for your help, and for this site that allows us to connect to each other.  I am your biggest fan ☺