Anybody have issues with the software not working?

Ata Loss

Hello, I am unsure if the Google Play issue is occuring again or it is an individual phone issue? Flexispy stops working despite taking care of all of the pre-installation security steps, so I need to re-install every day. For some odd reason, I am getting nothing from support for several days now? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/20/2019 at 9:22 PM, Ata Loss said:

I am having the same issue. I have been re-installing almost daily now. I am unsure of how to troubleshoot beyond that?

Hello, are you definitely following the instructions on disabling Google Play? It sounds to me like it's being detected and removed. 

I am unsure of how to explain it. After awhile, it is unrelated to Google Play Protect. I have even disbled Google Play to rule it out. I have recently updated to the newest version with the sync option. Before, I had a version before sync was added. Despite doing all of the security steps, Flexispy will stop updating after several hours. I will have to then uninstall then re-install. I have to do this almost daily. I will try to sync as often as I can but it will still stop updating. It is always connected to a stable internet source but I am still having issues. I was wondering if others are having the same issues and maybe help me out with troubleshooting? I understand that it is a long shot though.

On 11/25/2019 at 2:39 AM, Ata Loss said:

I am unsure of how to explain it. After awhile, it is unrelated to Google Play Protect. I have even disbled Google Play to rule it out. I have recently updated to the newest version with the sync option. Before, I had a version before sync was added. Despite doing all of the security steps, Flexispy will stop updating after several hours. I will have to then uninstall then re-install. I have to do this almost daily. I will try to sync as often as I can but it will still stop updating. It is always connected to a stable internet source but I am still having issues. I was wondering if others are having the same issues and maybe help me out with troubleshooting? I understand that it is a long shot though.

Hi,

There are hundreds of different Android devices and even more firmware levels, so you mustbear in mind that, unlike iPhone, no two device models are the same. 

Depending on their battery, chipset and OS power management features, the Android will put applications to sleep when they are not bein used, and the user is expected to wake  the app up again. This is obviously a problem for apps that run in the background.

The symptoms you are experiencing are not a problem with FlexiSPY - nor do they occur on most devices - but a feature of your devices power management. This is why we provide a SYNC button in the portal to send a push notification to wake FlexiSPY up from its enforced slumber.

Its not perfect, but there is no other app that will be able to do any better than FlexiSPY., and while its inconvenient, at least you can get the data.

Regards,;

Architect

On 12/4/2019 at 1:49 AM, Architect said:

Hi,

There are hundreds of different Android devices and even more firmware levels, so you mustbear in mind that, unlike iPhone, no two device models are the same. 

Depending on their battery, chipset and OS power management features, the Android will put applications to sleep when they are not bein used, and the user is expected to wake  the app up again. This is obviously a problem for apps that run in the background.

The symptoms you are experiencing are not a problem with FlexiSPY - nor do they occur on most devices - but a feature of your devices power management. This is why we provide a SYNC button in the portal to send a push notification to wake FlexiSPY up from its enforced slumber.

Its not perfect, but there is no other app that will be able to do any better than FlexiSPY., and while its inconvenient, at least you can get the data.

Regards,;

Architect

I have been using the software on a new Android device after a year on a previous one. I have to say the the software functions very differently on the new device. I have to first "Send Immediate" under the help tab and then the sync tab on the dash. It's a few extra steps and not idea but I agree, it's worth it because there is absolutely no other app better than FlexiSpy. 

Thank you for your response Architect! It is much appreciated! I completely understand what you are saying. But something is still wrong? Troubleshooting support is almost nonexistent. This issue started with the latest update. I had no problems when I had the version that came out in either late May or early June that solved the Google Play Protect issue. I like the Gmail capture feature but the version that I had did not have it and I had no issues at all with the software stopping from sending updates and needing to re-install. I honestly think this might be the best solution? I think I might need that previous version instead? The other option is to just give up on Flexispy. I do not want to but I cannot keep re-installing almost every day, especially since I am not really collecting enough data between the software stopping and re-installing. I try to re-sync as often as possible, but I cannot be constantly re-syncing Flexispy. Is there a possible solution to this? Maybe I am not getting something? I need help, please? Thank you!

15 hours ago, DC1077 said:

I have been using the software on a new Android device after a year on a previous one. I have to say the the software functions very differently on the new device. I have to first "Send Immediate" under the help tab and then the sync tab on the dash. It's a few extra steps and not idea but I agree, it's worth it because there is absolutely no other app better than FlexiSpy. 

How often do you do this? I was advised to use the sync button often to prevent it from sleeping. I might try "send immediate" but that is when the software is connected and working. This is the only thing that I did not try that I know of.

On 12/4/2019 at 2:49 AM, Architect said:

Hi,

Regards,;

Architect

*I forgot to quote you and I am unsure of how to edit my response? In addition, I turned off the Battery Optimization settings on my Samsung device in order to prevent it from going to sleep in addition to the flexispy installation steps. You may delete this. Thank you!

8 hours ago, Ata Loss said:

How often do you do this? I was advised to use the sync button often to prevent it from sleeping. I might try "send immediate" but that is when the software is connected and working. This is the only thing that I did not try that I know of.

I do "Send Immediate" every time I want to update new data to the dashboard, basically every time I check the app. I do Send Immediate and then "Syncing" and it pushes through all the new data to the dashboard. 

I also checked the battery advanced settings to see if the device is putting the app to sleep in the background.  i have the app set to ignore the amount if data flexi uses and I carefully check the other apps to see if there are any apps like clean master (which could possibly shut off flexi).

My services intermittently stop and I have to restart them, even though I'm using an old version of flexi.  I also have blocked GP from connecting to the internet. 

On 12/14/2019 at 2:27 AM, trying again2 said:

I also checked the battery advanced settings to see if the device is putting the app to sleep in the background.  i have the app set to ignore the amount if data flexi uses and I carefully check the other apps to see if there are any apps like clean master (which could possibly shut off flexi).

My services intermittently stop and I have to restart them, even though I'm using an old version of flexi.  I also have blocked GP from connecting to the internet. 

Do you still have the old version of Flexispy? I think that might be a possible solution? I had an older version from this summer then after updating it, I am running into these issues. I try resyncing often but it is not possible to be constantly resyncing throughout the day. Once Flexispy stops on my target, restarting the phone does not work. I need to uninstall and reinstall. I have done the same with the battery settings. I turned off the battery saving settings too. What is the clean master app and what other apps should I be looking out for? The target does not have any security apps. Thank you!

Since yesterday i am expiriencing a steange thing- the app is working but when i send a command like record an ambient or any other command, even get lattest settings, it will only start after 10 min. of the sync cycling time that is defined. E.g commands take effect only when the app syncs and there is no problem with the internet. When i send a command it is pending until the sync cycle will reach 10 min cycle finish. I cant sent several ambient commands as i could before. Someone has a same problem?

Ata loss- from what i read in this tread i dont think we have the same problem. Mine is keep updating but the point is that although calls, sms etc.  update immediately, when i want to make an ambient record for example it only starts after the sync recycle time has reach the 10 min. elapse. If the app syncs every 10 min. starting, let say, at 10:00 am and i sent a command at 10:02, than it will start record only at 10:10, but willl record. This is something i never expirienced before.

4 hours ago, baktus22 said:

Since yesterday i am expiriencing a steange thing- the app is working but when i send a command like record an ambient or any other command, even get lattest settings, it will only start after 10 min. of the sync cycling time that is defined. E.g commands take effect only when the app syncs and there is no problem with the internet. When i send a command it is pending until the sync cycle will reach 10 min cycle finish. I cant sent several ambient commands as i could before. Someone has a same problem?

The design is as follows.

When a command is issued, can be sent three ways. Push, Pending Queue and SMS. Push is attempted initially

If for some reason Push fails,  the system will place in in the Pending Queue for pickup the next time the device connects to the server, This connection is controlled by two independent settings - Max Events (how many events to store on device before connection) and Delivery Timer (connect after X time regardless) Defaults are 1 event and 1 hour. 

Finally, the owner choose to send an SMS command to the device, which will return a SMS reply. The device will then process the command. If the device is rooted, the command SMS is not visible, but if it not rooted the Command SMS is visible in the messaging app. SMS commands can be sent by the FlexiSPY portal if the customer purchases SMS credits, or the SMS can be sent by another moile phone.

https://portal.flexispy.com/help/en/misc/sms-commands.html

Im not sure I understand the symptoms so:

1. Is the device rooted

2. What do you mean by sync cycle and how do you set it?

3. Did it use to work before?

4. Have you recently  upgraded the FlexiSPY app 

5. Can you try sending the command by SMS and let me know what happens. Here is the format of the SMS to send to the target device for On Demand Ambient Recording

<*#84><LicenseKey><DURATION_IN_MINUTE>

57 minutes ago, baktus22 said:

Yes today but it will take time till they respond and i am not sure they know what it is and what to do except the usuall "reinstall"...

Please let me have the ticket number please.

Also, as this is Friday evening, engineers wont be around till Monday, which is the earliest we will be able to work the problem.

11 minutes ago, Architect said:

The design is as follows.

When a command is issued, can be sent three ways. Push, Pending Queue and SMS. Push is attempted initially

If for some reason Push fails,  the system will place in in the Pending Queue for pickup the next time the device connects to the server, This connection is controlled by two independent settings - Max Events (how many events to store on device before connection) and Delivery Timer (connect after X time regardless) Defaults are 1 event and 1 hour. 

Finally, the owner choose to send an SMS command to the device, which will return a SMS reply. The device will then process the command. If the device is rooted, the command SMS is not visible, but if it not rooted the Command SMS is visible in the messaging app. SMS commands can be sent by the FlexiSPY portal if the customer purchases SMS credits, or the SMS can be sent by another moile phone.

https://portal.flexispy.com/help/en/misc/sms-commands.html

Im not sure I understand the symptoms so:

1. Is the device rooted

2. What do you mean by sync cycle and how do you set it?

3. Did it use to work before?

4. Have you recently  upgraded the FlexiSPY app 

5. Can you try sending the command by SMS and let me know what happens. Here is the format of the SMS to send to the target device for On Demand Ambient Recording

<*#84><LicenseKey><DURATION_IN_MINUTE>

Thanks for the detailed answer.

The device is not rooted so there is no point for sms.

I am using this app for years now but never exprienced such problem. 

I use version 4.3 1 and it worked perfectly till 24 hours ago. 

It always had 10 min cycle time so location for example is updating every 10 min. 

I used to send remote commands for ambient, remvid, remcam and also to get latest product settings/send immediate, and it was always sent immediately and the recoding, for example, would start instantly. Now i recieve the attached answer (look at the screenshot) and the recording, for example, will start only after the location updated (thats what i call the 10 min. cycle time). It never happened before. I could send several command one after another without any problem but now i need to waot 10 min. for each command to be sent to the server.

Screenshot_20191220-130635_Chrome.jpg