Google Play Protect Issue

DC1077

1 hour ago, Horseplay2000 said:

I do have a question though if it is being detected on a rooted devices no one has said anything yet about the 4.1.1 or the 4.0.7 that I remember seeing being deleted from rooted devices if anyone has any information about that let me know it might be worthwhile to root a device to continue with this software no matter what company you choose.

Rooted devicee still use 3.5.7 wich, I guess, it shouldn't be removed by play protect at this time...in the future I don't know.

Mine was deleted in 2 days. Target phone's play protect disabled 4.0.7 so I made sure it was uninstalled. rebooted phone and installed 4.1.1 as per directions. But in 2 days it deactivated it. Right now I am trying XNSPY installed it last night. I will see how long for it. However, I don't like XNSPY since it takes anywhere from 2min to 24 hours to update the dashboard and you don't really know if it is connected or not  until update. Also ambient recording is not scheduled and it does take a long time to update dashboard on that. 

Spyera sales told me that they are facing same problem butvtrying to solve it. She got my mail and said that when they will have a sulotion she will inform me. At least they seem to try and not by picking, what flexi thinks, is the easy way- removing parts of the service.

Update** apparently call logging and SMS has stopped working on my target device it says it's connected location logs are still working and so is keylogger but that is it now this is 4.1.1 and it was installed three days ago I checked there are no notifications of anything being removed and play protect at this time so maybe they have stopped using SMS and call logs or Google Play protect is blocking that from working but still allowing location logs and key locks to work I don't know seems bizarre.

17 minutes ago, Horseplay2000 said:

Update** apparently call logging and SMS has stopped working on my target device it says it's connected location logs are still working and so is keylogger but that is it now this is 4.1.1 and it was installed three days ago I checked there are no notifications of anything being removed and play protect at this time so maybe they have stopped using SMS and call logs or Google Play protect is blocking that from working but still allowing location logs and key locks to work I don't know seems bizarre.

I noticed key logs are suddenly ntermittent on 4.o.7.  I might try reinstalling an older version but ... maybe something else is going on.

There's a puzzle here I gotta figure out ....

Sorry for the duplicate post. But here is an update to the other update. I synced the services and now call logging is working again I don't know if this new 4.1.1 has a lot of problems I've never had to go in and sync Services every day or two just to get the product to track but we shall see. Again my apologies for double posting the same response earlier

6 hours ago, baktus22 said:

Well what do you know, a miracle happenned and i got an answer from support:

Hello,

I apologize but if you can see on the version history herehttps://portal.flexispy.com/help/en/version-history/android-nonrooted-release-note.htm that was released last Friday, it stated that Root permissions are now required for following features;

Phone Call Recording
Ambient Recording
Remote Camera
Remote Video

Unfortunately our engineers remove the said features on non rooted device as to see if that is the reason why google play protect detects the software.

Regards,

Support

What can i say to this kind of answer?........

Ask then to include disabling GP Protect in their software instead of disabling flexi !!!

That message isn't good.  NOT good at all.  It means we know more than they do.  They are either trying to find a temporary work around until they can build flexi back up or they are scared of nazi GP.

I feel like a guinea pig. 

I reccomend you all to read carefully the Kaspersky article that i linked in one of my messages a day or two ago. Obviously it meant how to keep your device from granting permissions to apps which are considered malware, but i think it can be used against GP as well. I cant have target as often as i like but the minute i'll have i will try to use their tips in order to block GP from getting information that is on my device and erasing apps.

11 minutes ago, Horseplay2000 said:

Sorry for the duplicate post. But here is an update to the other update. I synced the services and now call logging is working again I don't know if this new 4.1.1 has a lot of problems I've never had to go in and sync Services every day or two just to get the product to track but we shall see. Again my apologies for double posting the same response earlier

How do you sync the services??

Can you go to the help screen then to device settings under device settings there is a screen called data delivery you press that and then change application settings press that and then check mark the applications that you want the software to track once you have done that and selected with a check mark blue or not blue what you would like to track from the available application settings you didn't press the blue sink Now button at the bottom.

• Thanks 1

I have been a loyal customer for many years. My software stopped working about a month ago. I've re installed about 12 times and tried all the hoops that I have been instructed. Finally had hope for the 4.1.1 newest version and lasted about 8 hours and disconnected again. I am hoping there is a solution and if not the refund policy is not a very good one. It's not cheap software and you're paying for no advancement in figuring out how to work around google, just frustrating...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Dakota pinned and unpinned this topic