Google Play Protect Issue

DC1077

With respect to Android 9.0, my understanding is Google has precluded access to mic and camera for any/all apps running in the background, which is why rooting appears to now be required for those features - at least for the time being.

• Sad 1
31 minutes ago, lsroach said:

With respect to Android 9.0, my understanding is Google has precluded access to mic and camera for any/all apps running in the background, which is why rooting appears to now be required for those features - at least for the time being.

Possibly for the future too......i mean it is a security risk having those things affected.....

32 minutes ago, DC1077 said:

Hello all.

This may have been asked and answered already, if so, my apologies for asking again. 

Do call recording and ambient work on un-rooted Andoid with 8.1 or not?  

Thank you! 

The thing is anything above OS 8 can be affected......if GPP is involved it’s likely it doesn’t work 

17 hours ago, moonlite_55 said:

My bad, sorry. That screenshot is from the changeling. I should've looked under version history. You're right. I still says 4.0.7.

If I won't be able to use the Phone Call Recording and Ambient Recording I will not download it. It will be of no use for me.

Hi moonlite_55

did you install? 

I installed......so far so good. Mine is unrooted.....galaxy s8+

the ambient is not on.....but the weird thing is call recording is.....but hasn’t worked yet? I wondered if your experience was similar to me?

thanks 

5 minutes ago, Viola said:

The thing is anything above OS 8 can be affected......if GPP is involved it’s likely it doesn’t work 

Okay, thank you!! I'll try to install tonight and see how it goes!

I've been using mSpy as a back up and I'm not thrilled with it. Even without the recording functions, Flexi still wins with regard to best functionality of the other features ?

I installed it on s8 nonroot running 8.0. No call recoed, ambient, rem video, rem picture. Totally unusefull. Asked explanasions from support- never got any. Asked for a link to download version 4.0.7- no reply. I paid for extreme not for something that is no use and that i can get much cheaper.... Has anyone heard from support for the last day?? They all seem to vanish...I feel helpless

• Sad 1

? Wow, that is sad! There is no reason to reinstall without those features. I wish that rooting can be an option for most phones. I have not received any tech support replies either. I have noticed that they have a new ticketing system on a new website as of today if you click on the link provided in your dashboard. They are overdue to their reply for my ticket and I am unsure if or when they ever will reply.  My updates usually last two days at most this past month, so constantly reinstalling has been frustrating. Has anyone tried out any of the other products yet? I am checking out the spyfone trial as suggested. It seems too good to be true with all of the features they offer for unrooted phones. I do not like the layout of the dashboard though. I do not need all of those features and flexispy seemed just right while it was working. Scheduling background recordings seems confusing. Being able to schedule background recordings will be the selling point for me since that is the trickiest feature to program.

5 hours ago, baktus22 said:

I installed it on s8 nonroot running 8.0. No call recoed, ambient, rem video, rem picture. Totally unusefull. Asked explanasions from support- never got any. Asked for a link to download version 4.0.7- no reply. I paid for extreme not for something that is no use and that i can get much cheaper.... Has anyone heard from support for the last day?? They all seem to vanish...I feel helpless

It is useless for me also. I also use a non rooted phone and the only reason I bought the software was for Call Recordings and Ambient Recordings. With everything that is going on in the world you would think this is a must have in case something happens to our love ones, but no. 

I have received the same message for the last 2 days from different technicians: 

"Hi there,
This is to let you know that your ticket is well received and in the queue now.
Please wait for our Tech Support team to get back to you shortly.
Thank you very much for your patience."

A few days ago I sent the support team the settings I'm sending bellow and asked them if we should turn them off and if it will interfere with the phone not working properly. They told me we don't have to because they don't seem relevant to their software. I haven't done it and was wondering if any of you had or what your opinion is about these settings. Can any of you give me a feedback? 

1. Settings > Lock Screen and Security > Other Security Settings > Usage Data Access > Google Play Store > Allow Usage Tracking
2. Settings > Lock Screen and Security > Other Security Settings > Usage Data Access > Google Play Services > Allow Usage Tracking.       3. Settings > Apps > click on the 3 dots at the top right > Special access > Apps that can change system settings > Google Play Store.
4. Settings > Apps > click on the 3 dots at the top right > Special access > Apps that can change system settings >Google Play 
Services.

• Confused 1
6 hours ago, Completely Lost said:

?  Вау, это грустно! Нет причин переустанавливать без этих функций. Я желаю этого роуTing может быть вариантом для большинства телефонов. Я также не получил никаких ответов техподдержки. Я заметил, что у них есть новая система продажи билетов на новом веб-сайте с сегодняшнего дня, если вы нажмете на ссылку, предоставленную в вашей панели. Они просрочили свой ответ на мой билет, и я не уверен, будут ли они когда-либо отвечать. Мои обновления обычно длятся не более двух дней в прошлом месяце, поэтому постоянная переустановка разочаровывает. Кто-нибудь пробовал другие продукты? Я проверяю пробную версию Spyfone, как было предложено. Кажется, слишком хорошо, чтобы быть правдой со всеми функциями, которые они предлагают для телефонов без рута. Мне не нравится расположение приборной панели, хотя. Мне не нужны все эти функции, и flexispy, казалось, был в самый раз, когда он работал. Планирование фоновых записей кажется непонятным.

how many hours does spyfone work for you GP has not found her yet?

9 hours ago, Completely Lost said:

? Wow, that is sad! There is no reason to reinstall without those features. I wish that rooting can be an option for most phones. I have not received any tech support replies either. I have noticed that they have a new ticketing system on a new website as of today if you click on the link provided in your dashboard. They are overdue to their reply for my ticket and I am unsure if or when they ever will reply.  My updates usually last two days at most this past month, so constantly reinstalling has been frustrating. Has anyone tried out any of the other products yet? I am checking out the spyfone trial as suggested. It seems too good to be true with all of the features they offer for unrooted phones. I do not like the layout of the dashboard though. I do not need all of those features and flexispy seemed just right while it was working. Scheduling background recordings seems confusing. Being able to schedule background recordings will be the selling point for me since that is the trickiest feature to program.

You mean Spyfone offers ambient recording and call recording for non rooted phones? Mine is android 8.1. Have you seen if they offer these features?

They do offer it and a whole bunch of different features that you usually need to root for. I do not need that many features. Everything seems to be working still but I had it for about 12 to 16 hours. They have a 2 day trial so I would check out the trial at least. I am unsure if GP will eventually delete it. Two days might be too short. The sales reps say that there is no GP issue. It does take longer to download, since there are more steps, and I think that you may need to download a separate keylogger. I am limited with what I can do with the trial since a lot is blurred out. For surround recordings, the programming is complicated and I have yet to figure out a better way to program them. You pick a specific date and time first. Then you program how long in seconds. Then you select from how often from one to ten times. There is one minute between each recording. I wish there was an easier way to program several days ahead and not worry about it for awhile. It is possible for this but it would take a long time. But I have yet to figure it out, so it might be more simple than that. There seems to be a few other options for alternatives to Flexispy that still need to be checked out though. Has anyone else checked oth the other programs yet?

Flexispy is being bombarded by tickets right now. I appreciate that they at least acknowledged the ticket. I have received that acknowlegement yesterday. Honestly, if they were able to send a general e-mail to its customers generally explaining the issue, they may have been able to prevent too many tickets being sent out to them. I am unsure where the gamble is at this point? Buy a phone from Flexispy Express or give another program a chance? I have used mspy before but I had to go with Flexispy when they did not offer the recording features anymore. Spyfone seems good so far but I am worried that it is still vulnerable to the GP issue despite them saying that they are not?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, baktus22 said:

Viola- How did u get the link to download it? Asked support for it but got no answer.

Hi ?? 

i used the usual link via the online portal.....the help section.......then installation process. 

Have you not been successful installing?

13 minutes ago, Viola said:

Hi ?? 

i used the usual link via the online portal.....the help section.......then installation process. 

Have you not been successful installing?

Usually the download is from djp.bz and there the app version is 4.1.1. I dont see where there is version 4.0.7

2 hours ago, baktus22 said:

Usually the download is from djp.bz and there the app version is 4.1.1. I dont see where there is version 4.0.7

Ok wait a minute......there seems to be a change......Its now changed to 4.1.1

which means I may have the old version still.....

its lasted 2 days so far.....

20 hours ago, baktus22 said:

Has anyone heard or recieved any answer fron support for the 48 hours? I mean, a useful referance, not the one that saying we recieved your ticket and someone will get back to you someday....

They don't reply on weekends. 

• Dakota pinned and unpinned this topic