Google Play Protect Issue

DC1077

4.0.5 was working perfectly until 30 seconds after GP updated .... so I've had GP disabled ever since.  without GP enabled, it works great. 

Just updated to 4.0.7 last night.  GP Protect wasn't triggered, but I'm not taking any chances. I now keep GP disabled on all devices.

Are you sure it was detected and disabled or is it possible that your target device was offline or put into airplane mode I too thought maybe it had been detected and removed from one of my devices yesterday but the target device had been put into airplane mode for several hours and when it was turned back on the logs begin to upload again and it showed it connected. Maybe it is just hopeful thinking on my part that they were able to fix the problem I do not wish to keep reinstalling this app every couple of days as I will not be able to much longer. Did someone else mentioned that they had seen other software that was working or on message boards they too were also being disabled.?

I'm tired. after each stop of the program to think it is simply no internet or gp has deleted it again. 3 weeks stress. I have another program. It works perfectly for 2 years and the GP does not see it. why flexi can't fix this problem. I do not understand.

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, lelik said:

I'm tired. after each stop of the program to think it is simply no internet or gp has deleted it again. 3 weeks stress. I have another program. It works perfectly for 2 years and the GP does not see it. why flexi can't fix this problem. I do not understand.

Cam you shate the name of this app?

• Like 1

From what i read in a brief surfing- as from the January, Googlè is deleting every app that ask for permission to sms and call logs. It does it on play store but eventually it does it on android phones even when play protection is off. How they do it that is something i dont understand. And i am not sure its legal as well, to wipe apps from my phone when i turn off play protect. What is obviousely understood is that theyvare on a mission. 

• Sad 2
33 minutes ago, lelik said:

Which program is that? Can it run in unrooted phones? Does it support ambient recording and call recording?

52 minutes ago, baktus22 said:

From what i read in a brief surfing- as from the January, Googlè is deleting every app that ask for permission to sms and call logs. It does it on play store but eventually it does it on android phones even when play protection is off. How they do it that is something i dont understand. And i am not sure its legal as well, to wipe apps from my phone when i turn off play protect. What is obviousely understood is that theyvare on a mission. 

Well if that is the case then wouldn't flexi be out of business or have to notify us that they are going to refund us for the purchase of software that cannot be used? If they are advertising this software and they have known this since January what is going on I renewed two licenses for two devices and it's not cheap I mean I understand but it is a product and service that I am paying for and I am not getting a value from then wouldn't that be a false advertising stating that it works when it does not?

On 3/31/2019 at 12:11 PM, DC1077 said:

I realize this forum is not for support and I have read that there is an appropriate community forum for us to discuss this matter but it appears to be inaccessible. 

I am not here seeking support and I will gladly discuss elsewhere if that becomes an option. 

In the meantime, I would like to communicate with the individuals effected by the brand new Google Play Protect Issue removing the software each day even though it is fully disabled. 

I think FlexiSpy is an incredible product and I hope to continue using it indefinitely however it has currently been rendered non-functional by a new security scan. 

FlexiSpy support has responded to me and stated that they have escalated my case to a supervisor. I will relay any help and help information I receive to this group. 

I am hopeful there is a quick resolution to this issue as I would like to keep doing business with FlexiSpy and not go elsewhere.

Has this phone been fully rooted?

Non of my androids are rooted. But they also cannot have Google deleted as it is part of the Android system now and also other apps used by Target device users need to still be usable Unfortunately they are from the Google Play Store so I cannot disable or delete Google I can only turn off security scanning but apparently that is not enough anymore.

I am really frustrated with support  and the reply the gave me . They will do nothing flexible is dead! . I sent a ticket telling them 4.0.7 was deleted after 3 days. Then I reinstalled it again on target device only to have it removed minutes later I have had 26 installs now and support will do nothing as this is the reply I received

"Hello,

Upon checking your account you already have the 4.0.7 version which completely fixed the issue and the software is connecting to the server and uploading new data.

Regards,

Support"?

I have battling the Google play issue since the end of march. It is an older moto e4 plus. I have reinstalled updated versions 9 times now. I have followed every step given to disable play protect. 

Sometimes it will stay installed for a day or 2 then inevitably between 7 am and 11 am Google deletes the app. Notices are off and scan is off. I have cleaned data and caches rebooted and installed the most recent version.

I have done hours of research on disabling play protect. I can find no way to remove Google play off the phone.

We use out target phone to protect children that are court ordered to visit with a parent with a substance abuse problem.

I also have the extreme version and have been a customer for nearly 5 years.

I am frustrated beyond belief.

• Sad 1
16 minutes ago, Thatgirl said:

I have battling the Google play issue since the end of march. It is an older moto e4 plus. I have reinstalled updated versions 9 times now. I have followed every step given to disable play protect. 

Sometimes it will stay installed for a day or 2 then inevitably between 7 am and 11 am Google deletes the app. Notices are off and scan is off. I have cleaned data and caches rebooted and installed the most recent version.

I have done hours of research on disabling play protect. I can find no way to remove Google play off the phone.

We use out target phone to protect children that are court ordered to visit with a parent with a substance abuse problem.

I also have the extreme version and have been a customer for nearly 5 years.

I am frustrated beyond belief.

I too feel your frustration as I have been a customer for several years as well and both Target devices have now gone offline after having been reinstalled 3 and 4 days ago consecutively I have done everything just as you have said and followed every instruction given to me by support in the support chat and still 4.0.7 is the latest version has been uninstalled as of one hour ago today on both of my devices I also don't know what to do as I to use it to protect a child that is not with me most of the time. Please send your concerns to the support as well and maybe if enough of us say something they will realize that there is a problem greater than just a handful of complaining people. As I too have tried many ways to figure out how to uninstall or block Google Play protect and one of my post I did post that and I found that as well apparently Google is removing any apps that access SMS or call logs and that might be the problem I don't know I actually sent that URL to support they said thank you that they would forward it to their engineers but they still insist that 4.0.7 does work and will not be uninstalled but I am proof that has been uninstalled half a dozen times now from my devices since it came out as a matter of fact I reinstalled it 1 hour after it was uninstalled and Google Play protect found it within 15 minutes and uninstalled it again so they need to come up with a different way of doing this or they need to refund us  in my opinion. Sorry to be so long-winded I'm just frustrated to

Version 4.0.7. just uninstalled off of my second target device so now both devices are not working and they are offline. It took about four days for it to be found and removed from play protect even with scanning off and all instructions for installation followed from support that was sent to me I do believe that Google has now defeated flexispy or any app for that matter that is not sold by them exclusively. or that is installed to monitor a device I don't believe that Google even has such an app to begin with for the general public to buy and use. I wonder if flexispy customer service is going to refund everyone or are they actually going to be able to fix this problem I feel they will go out of business if they cannot fix this.

• Dakota pinned and unpinned this topic