Google Play Protect Issue

DC1077

19 minutes ago, baktus22 said:

Thanks, tried it long time ago, but it doesnt help. Its more complicated than that unfortunately...

Maybe this one will do the trick? Here's the link if you prefer to use instead of what I pasted bellow: https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/android-basics-disable-doze-app-standby-for-individual-apps-0168960/

Disabling Doze & App Standby for Certain Apps

To resolve issues related to Doze & App Standby, start by heading to Android's main Settings menu. From here, select the "Battery" option, then tap the three-dot menu button at the top of the screen and choose "Battery optimization."

android-basics-disable-doze-app-standby- android-basics-disable-doze-app-standby-

On the following screen, you'll see a list of apps that have already been excluded from Doze & App Standby. Since you're likely trying to exclude a different app, however, simply tap the drop-down menu at the top of the screen and select "All apps."

android-basics-disable-doze-app-standby- android-basics-disable-doze-app-standby-

At this point, you'll see a list of all apps that are being affected by Doze & App Standby. From here, simply find the app you're having troubles with and select it. Next, choose "Don't optimize" on the popup, then press "Done." From now on, Doze & App Standby will not affect this app, so your issues should be resolved.

You can repeat this same process for any apps that seem to be having issues with delayed notifications. If you're using a Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P and have been experiencing issues with the always-listening hotword detection, do the same for the "OK Google Enrollment" app, and the feature will be much more consistent. But be aware that doing this will cause a bit of extra battery drain, so try to refrain from disabling battery optimization for too many apps.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, DC1077 said:

Do you have rooted or unrooted device?

It's unrooted. And everything is hidden as well. Still working fine. Support had sent an email explaining the procedure, which is the same as before, the link is still djp.bz. 

I tried to install version 4.0.5 on an unrooted Android running 4.4.4 os but it won't let me get past the install screen I press install and and it just freezes so I can never activate it. O checked to see if the software was still on the device but play protect deleted older version . Any one have same issue trying to install latest version ?  Should I deactivat license or something ? I've never had to in the past when installing updates

6 hours ago, trying again said:

Not good.  not good at all.

My version 3.5.5 doesn't update continually.  When the target device isn't in use, flexi says it's not connected anymore (no happy green dot).  even the tracking stops until the target device is used again ....

This one has me stumped. 4.0.3 was not deleted, it simply ceased working. I uninstalled and reinstalled 4.0.5. So far so good. 

Here's hoping it doesn't stop working. 

For all of us in the future after doing a reinstall of 4.0.5.......and having success with the reinstall for more than a few days...I'm curious to know if anyone thinks it may be necessary to be proactive and *****disarm Google play protect!!!!!*** etc (using the steps listed from the updated installation guide) ****on  ALL DEVICES**** linked to the Google account?

I have a feeling many people have more than one active device listed under the account...One may be the target phone ...which will have play protect now disabled....BUT....what about the other devices linked...

I am going to disable play protect on the target AND all other phones 

Any insight? I am far from savvy...more of an idiot savant when it comes to tech stuff lol

Hello Horseplay

That happened to me once....may not be exact situation. ..it wouldn't allow a fresh reinstall because I had not fully uninstalled off target device

I know now that currently for me...on the target phone...The icon listed com.android. ....With blue icon is not listed anymore...everything is broken down into many different things such as com.."this" and com."that" if that makes any sense...and had to take some time and look through everything there to decide what to uninstall

If you restart from the beginning. ..deactivate.....go back in and redo the new Google play protect settings. ..and check on target phone that you have fully uninstalled...then try again ?

I know that worked for me once when I had same issue as you described in your message

Hello Horseplay

That happened to me once....may not be exact situation. ..it wouldn't allow a fresh reinstall because I had not fully uninstalled off target device

I know now that currently for me...on the target phone...The icon listed com.android. ....With blue icon is not listed anymore...everything is broken down into many different things such as com.."this" and com."that" if that makes any sense...and had to take some time and look through everything there to decide what to uninstall

If you restart from the beginning. ..deactivate.....go back in and redo the new Google play protect settings. ..and check on target phone that you have fully uninstalled...then try again ?

I know that worked for me once when I had same issue as you described in your message

Awesome trying again! If you do have success with your idea would you be OK with posting an update periodically?

That seems pretty complex!  But if I run into an issue with disconnection again...I would like to try what you are doing ....it makes good sense and I would like to try if it's working for you that is

Thanks!

Play protect detected the new binary for unrooted Androids with the new software 4.0.5 it just notified one of my devices anyone else have this issue? It told the user it was unsafe and it was trying to spy  and it on their messages  and  phone  and then it said it needed to delete and to delete it now it has stopped working on the device I cannot post a pic for some reason on this right now it says that it is too large

53 minutes ago, Horseplay2000 said:

Play protect detected the new binary for unrooted Androids with the new software 4.0.5 it just notified one of my devices anyone else have this issue? It told the user it was unsafe and it was trying to spy  and it on their messages  and  phone  and then it said it needed to delete and to delete it now it has stopped working on the device I cannot post a pic for some reason on this right now it says that it is too large

Oh no

2 hours ago, Horseplay2000 said:

That is horribly discouraging and frustrating. Mine has not been deleted yet but I imagine it's only a matter of time before the software is removed by the security scan. I hate to hear this. We will not win when the opponent is Google. 

2 hours ago, trying again said:

Oh no

Bad news everyone. Yes, it happened to me yesterday! The new fix version worked for about 6 days and yesterday it stopped. I was wondering what was going on because it said the target phone wasn't connected for 9 hours which is impossible. At some point I had the chance to take a quick look and Google play protect showed that same message. It had stopped 4.0.5 from working and warned the user to uninstall it. 

у меня тоже 2 часа назад пришло сообщение что flexy обнаружен. он не удален но заблокирован. сообщение посылает не GP так как они отключены.

• Sad 1
  • Dakota pinned and unpinned this topic