Google Play Protect Issue

DC1077

Also I noticed it is called sync Services now rather than com. Android system services. And the icon looks different is this the new program that they are rolling out against Google protect? And if so what the target device show a different app on it now? Even if it's hidden it shows up.

Also I noticed it is called sync Services now rather than com. Android system services. And the icon looks different is this the new program that they are rolling out against Google protect? And if so what the target device show a different app on it now? Even if it's hidden it shows up.

IMG_20190410_160638.jpg

21 hours ago, trying again said:

I am still learning how to configure all the firewall filters effectively so

I have NOT installed the firewall on on any target device. 

It's easily blocking Google play on MY device BUT           I am STILL constantly monitoring all the attempts by Google play to get through the firewall  ... wow, GP is working hard to break through!!

Disabling download managers is a great short term fix.  not noticeable & no updates/downloads!!!

now.  as to updates.  I have disabled every update notification (including all the system update notifications) and disabled every "allow update setting" including in developer menu BUT            

the REAL key to avoiding updates is this little gem ....see the pic.  I think I paid for this app.   it's worth it's weight in gold.  the target leaves this app alone ☺ .... or the icons (there will be 2) can be  hidden using your favorite method. 

I checkmark every app with the word "update" in it, including system apps, then checkMark the app shown in the pic.  target can't update the system, period

Wish I could upload more than 1 pic!!!!

IF I AM GOING TO DOWNLOAD ANY APP BUT NOT USE IT ... UNTIL I NEED IT, THE APP IN THE PICTURE IS MY LIFESAVER.    with one checkmark, I can turn off anything I want and no other app or system, not even GP can stop me.

Screenshot_20190410-044922.jpg

Thank you for this new trick. I'm a little confused though. This life saver app is called "enhanced features? " or " package Disabl..." with the blue colour?  I open this app, then I see it has all the phone's apps, I checkmark those I don't want to get updated and then checkmark another box so as to turn it on and off easily? ....

I think I found it on play store, "Package Disabler", but it says it works only for Samsung devices, mine is not a Samsung. Will it work?

1 hour ago, baktus22 said:

Installed it and its working as for now. 

Is it hidden? I read on a previous post that even if it's hidden, it shows up! I'm not going to install it yet. 

I'm also confused because there's one step that I can't find on the target device. Here's the explanation.

"I was checking the installation instructions to see if something changed and there is one step that I can't find on the target device (Galaxy A5 2017, OS 7.0). On number 3 (Samsung only) Disable Device Security, the second step "Go to Settings -> Lock screen and security and make sure App permission monitor is disabled" I can't find it. The only thing that I found under Lock Screen and Security that resembles is when I do these steps "Settings ->Lock Screen and Security->Other Security Settings->Usage Data Access. Once there, I see different apps and when I click any of them it will say "Allow apps to monitor which other apps you use and how often, and identify your service provider, language settings, and other usage data". I'm sending the screenshots.
Can somebody please tell me where can I disable App Permission Monitor on the target device mentioned above, with step by step instructions? "

Screenshot_20190412-022324.png

Screenshot_20190412-022342.png

Good day everyone. I am a loyal satisfied (until recently) flexispy customer of 3 years....

Has anyone tried the following steps ....and had continual service for more than four days yet? 

1.Deactivate /uninstall then a reinstall

2.service resumes..for a few days approx...then goes offline...

3.Google play settings....security....then Google play settings tab....then turn off Google play settings (within Google settings...not just under phone security eg. Verify all apps etc)

4. Restart then reinstall?

I'm curious to know if within android device manager Google settings/Google play settings ...Once "disallowed" specifically under the Google play tab has helped anyone achieve more than three or four days continuos service..

I am on my fourth somewhat successful reinstall in a month ....and ..not to be rude but I think many of us on here could probably find a solution to this faster than some of the non responsive tech people if we worked together

17 minutes ago, moonlite_55 said:

Is the new version 4.0.5 hidden? I read on a previous post that even if it's hidden, it shows up! I'm not going to install it yet.

Is 4.0.5 the newest version? I am running 4.0.3, I was not aware of a 4.0.5. 

I believe 4.0.3 was removed today, it stopped working about 5 hours ago.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, baktus22 said:

Does anybody know how to disable samsung s8 going into "doze mode"? The target is s8 running oreo 8.0 and is always getting into doze after a few minutes its not in use. Tried everything but no luck. I'll appreciate a sulotion.

I found this on google. Maybe it will help you.

How to Turn off Power Saving on Samsung Galaxy S8 Running Android Oreo

Objective

• Prevent the battery from disabling applications and going into "Doze Mode" when your phone has been idle

Environment

• Samsung Galaxy S8
  • Android 8.0 Oreo

Procedure

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap Device maintenance
  3. Tap Battery
  4. Tap OFF 
4 hours ago, moonlite_55 said:

I found this on google. Maybe it will help you.

How to Turn off Power Saving on Samsung Galaxy S8 Running Android Oreo

Objective

• Prevent the battery from disabling applications and going into "Doze Mode" when your phone has been idle

Environment

• Samsung Galaxy S8
  • Android 8.0 Oreo

Procedure

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap Device maintenance
  3. Tap Battery
  4. Tap OFF 

Thanks, tried it long time ago, but it doesnt help. Its more complicated than that unfortunately...

• Dakota pinned and unpinned this topic