Google Play Protect Issue

DC1077

2 hours ago, trying again said:

I'm testing no root firewall .... very interesting little app... it breaks down the connections each app tries to make to the internet into little pieces  ?? ... for instance, my email app makes 19 connection (Facebook, amazonaws, cloud, etc... ) requests to the internet.  I allow ONLY 2 requests and deny all the others and. ....... my emails send & receive just fine ?

( I had lost net firewall but it freezes the internet intermittently, requiring a restart on my phone)

My launcher can hide PDP & no root firewall neatly ... this just may work .... dunno yet......

I have never used firewalls in a mobile. Should this way work, can you tell us which one it is, how to download it (if Google play protect will allow it) and how to use it? Is it noticed in an 8.1 android phone?

3 hours ago, trying again said:

The firewall works on a mobile like the firewall works on a PC.    YOU decide who/What website is allowed to talk to your device & who/What application is NOT allowed internet access.  No Root Firewall reminds me of Zonealarm .... simple & very easy to take control of & REALLY breaks down those pesky permissions ☺

I'm still testing it on galaxy s7 phones, v7 & v8.0 (I don't have v8.1... all updates are blocked).  So far, this firewall is very promising.  What this particular firewall does is ... it is capable of blocking an app from accessing an unneccessary website/domain, while allowing it to access the websites the app needs in order to do it's job.  FOR example, my email app tries to contact 10 websites (4 yahoo domains, 2 facebook domains, & 4 miscellaneous domains) when uploading my Yahoo e-mails.  I tell "No Root Firewall" to allow ONLY Yahoo domains (yahoo.com) .... & delete/ignore the other domains/requests .... voila, my emails send/receive just fine.  While all this is going on, my download manager wants to connect to (among 40! other sites), you guessed it, google.com. .... nah, access to ALL 40 denied.  Emails work just fine AND      My firewall has closed the door in Google's face... yes!!!

SO far, all apps & phones are doing great & functioning normally but facebook & Google are getting a lot less info!!

My version of no root firewall is from last year (I downloaded the apk to save for a rainy day ... it's raining:)  I haven't tested the newer version (available for free on GP & alternative app stores).

For covert operation, personally, I would use my firewall in conjunction with 2 other apps I paid for (one that easily stops/disables GP completely & another that hides selected icons from view in the phone's menu).  The target users ARE aware of all these apps but, thankfully, have very limited knowledge about how all this "techie stuff" works ... So far ....

No Root Firewall icon is a little orange brick wall with a red & yellow flame in front of the wall .... hopefully, the attached pic uploads ok

Screenshot_20190407-234935.jpg

Thank you so much for this information! I will try to download this firewall app but before, I 'd like to ask, if there is a series of steps I should follow in some order so that I do it correctly. And should I block only Google play or any other app related to it as well e.g. Google play services etc. 

31 minutes ago, Ntelmana said:

Thank you so much for this information! I will try to download this firewall app but before, I 'd like to ask, if there is a series of steps I should follow in some order so that I do it correctly. And should I block only Google play or any other app related to it as well e.g. Google play services etc. 

I downloaded it to my device first to see what it looks like. I've never used a firewall before ever, so I don't know exactly what to do. I guess a put a tick next to the app I want to block. What about other apps related to Google play store, eg Google paly services etc? Should I put a check at them too? And what about the home screen, should I tap START?

Screenshot_20190408-105421_NoRoot Firewall.jpg

FROM FLEXISPY SUPPORT!!!

"We're sorry to hear that you experienced an issue again.

Please be informed that we just released the new version (3.5.7) yesterday. You may try this version, but unfortunately it might be detected again within a day or two. Please understand that the software might be detected by Play Protect again.

Our engineer will release a real fix to this problem which will hide software at the installation process so it won't  be detected by Play Protect after the installation. This release should be available on this Friday.

If by any chance software stops working again on the Target device, please be advised to wait for the real fix. You may lose tracking with the Target device for short time.

Once the real fix ready, you will see "Software update available" message inside your dashboard. The version number will NOT be 3.5.x anymore. It can be 3.6.x, 3.7 or 1.x (if we have to come up with a brand new product."

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, dsecaott said:

I didn't receive that notification. I am running 3.5.7 right now. Anyone have issues with it?

I am currently running 3.5.7, but for less than 24 hours. I assume it will be detected and removed in the next several hours. We'll see how it goes. 

Thank you

To all of you.  you provided help, inspiration, & support when I needed it. 

After this is over, I'll be going back & deleting some of my posts from the boards because ... I posted to help us & to be heard.  I'm sorry flexispy doesn't offer a private chat anymore. 

They should.

Edited by trying again
leave my family alone GP!
3 hours ago, DC1077 said:

I am currently running 3.5.7, but for less than 24 hours. I assume it will be detected and removed in the next several hours. We'll see how it goes. 

I don't see 3.5.7 listed on the Android changelog.  Last version I see is 3.5.6 released Friday, April 5th.  Am I missing something?

8 hours ago, DC1077 said:

Installed it 30 minutes ago. Let see how long before it gets deleted by Google Play Protect.

7 hours ago, trying again said:

Thank you

To all of you.  you provided help, inspiration, & support when I needed it. 

After this is over, I'll be going back & deleting some of my posts from the boards because ... I posted to help us & to be heard.  I'm sorry flexispy doesn't offer a private chat anymore. 

They should.

Thank you so much for the valuable help you are giving us! 

I don't have the target phone yet so as to install the firewall, and when I have it will be for a few minutes, so I don't know if I can have the time to customize the firewall, since I ' m a beginner at all this. The only thing I had time to do is disable GP. Flexi is still working indeed. I'm wondering, now that it is off, no application will be updated, is that correct? Maybe this lack of updates will be noticed by the user, since there were many automatic updates in different apps almost every day and messages saying so or prompting to update. What about those apps, how can they get updated?

I just received mail from support saying by Friday they should be ready to release the fix version for Google Play. We follow the same steps from the same URL. Since I have completed disabled GP,  I asked them if I should install the fix and then enable Google play back on or it should be done the other way, first enable Google play, then disable Google play protect, turn off important notifications and then proceed with the installation. 

17 hours ago, trying again said:

I wouldn't install the firewall without completely customizing it myself.  The target user is clueless about firewalls, so they may screw it up. 

Nothing from the Google play store can be updated while it's disabled.  that doesn't stop the notifications from his apps & it doesn't stop other apps from telling target to update.

Personally, I have all the system updates off, enhanced updates off, app updates off, and every security & update app notification setting is turned off.

Target wanted to download something from GP yesterday (a game was demanding an update before it would run & target was confused to see that GP was disabled) so .... I helped.  While I was helping, I saw download manager notification ... a GP update was being downloaded!  i canceled it ?  After downloading the game update, target was happy GP was working again.

So ... instead of disabling GP again, I quickly disabled download manager  (settings-applications-show system apps-download manager & download manager update) .... of course, now nothing can be downloaded but it's a temporary fix and it's working!

GP can't download the update, there is NO missing app icon, and the notification shows download manager starting up, then the notice vanishes. 

All the stuff I'm doing is just one temporary fix after another, to keep flexi running until they redesign flexi. 

Boycotting GP is permanent ?

as for installation on Friday, first enable Google play, then disable Google play protect, turn off important notifications and then proceed with the installation .... that was how things were done before the trouble began .....  I wonder if flexi will ever update their instructions like other sites have done ....

Thank you for this information. I probably won't have the target phone in my hands on Friday, but I hope someone will have the chance to try the fix version and tell us about it. Let's say that the problem is solved, can I download and leave the firewall in the phone but not running? Just in case we need it in the future. 

Support says the fix release will only be about the Google paly issue , it won't support android 9. It's a bit difficult to keep the target phone from updating to the latest Android because it regularly pops up messages prompting the user to update, I' m afraid at one point the person will tap on that update when noticed. 

• Dakota pinned and unpinned this topic