Google Play Protect Issue

DC1077

On 4/3/2019 at 3:17 PM, dsecaott said:

I heard from tech just now and they think the old binary or even some cache in the storage may still be in the device somehow. They want to make sure I uninstall com.android. (I did ask how since it was no longer in the APPS menu since Play Protect uninstalls it?) Then go to Google Play Protect storage and clear data. Then make sure my notifications are turned off in Google Play store (already have done that). After I reinstall it go to Battery-unmonitored apps-add apps and choose com.android.  If it deletes again today I will try this tonight. 

On 4/3/2019 at 3:17 PM, dsecaott said:

I heard from tech just now and they think the old binary or even some cache in the storage may still be in the device somehow. They want to make sure I uninstall com.android. (I did ask how since it was no longer in the APPS menu since Play Protect uninstalls it?) Then go to Google Play Protect storage and clear data. Then make sure my notifications are turned off in Google Play store (already have done that). After I reinstall it go to Battery-unmonitored apps-add apps and choose com.android.  If it deletes again today I will try this tonight. 

I'm afraid 3.5.5 is not working at all. With all notifications turned off and storage in Google play cleared and all the rest, it was uninstalled immediatelly after installation. Google play protect is surely one step ahead!!!

7 minutes ago, trying again said:

The complaints exist.  Other programs are disappearing, not just apps like this.  There is a lot of hatred for Google's way of doing things ... compare them to the IRS in the U.S.  

To stop Google Play, you can disable it, root your device & freeze GP, using PDP to freeze GP on uprooted devices, or rewrite applicable  code on a rooted device.

Tech support wrote me back asking for patience.  They are in a chasing game with Google, while Google is in a chasing game with them. 

GOOGLE is gonna lose.

Are we sure is only a matter of Play Protect and not Play Services?
Play Services updates the os even that automatic update on the devices are set on off.

10 hours ago, baktus22 said:

I installed it 36 hours ago. Still working on s8 oreo 8.0. What i dont get is how come  only half a dozen people are writing here and complaining about google play? What about the other thousands of cutomers? They are not facing the same problem?

I installed it 11 hours ago and 5 hours later it was deleted. Another new Google Play update was installed 3 hours after I installed the software and 2 hours later the software got detected. Google Play is on a mission!!! 

5 hours ago, Ntelmana said:

I'm afraid 3.5.5 is not working at all. With all notifications turned off and storage in Google play cleared and all the rest, it was uninstalled immediatelly after installation. Google play protect is surely one step ahead!!!

I can't find where to do that (Google Play Protect storage and clear data).

3 hours ago, trying again said:

GOOGLE PLAY PROTECT settings are inside the play store-settings AND in your phone settings-google-security. 

To delete Google play protect data, you delete Google Play data under your phone settings-applications-google play. 

it WILL update as soon as google play self-connects to the internet.

Deleting the app data hasn't currently stopped Google play protect but it has delayed deletion of this app. 

Google Play Protect/Google Play overrides all settings to allow complete access to your phone.  when you switch off scanning, stop updates, modify system settings, etc... Google play turns it all back on!!

so far, disabling Google play in settings-apps seems to work :)

Have found several other app stores to use as an alternative from now on.

If I disable Google play store, will the user be able to instsll apps or he / she will notice something is wrong? Will I be able to enable it again? In an older phone I tried to do that and it said restore to the factory version of Google play?

9 hours ago, baktus22 said:

I saw that there is a new version 3.5.6. Has anyone installed it? 

I did about 30 minutes ago. They want you to download it from a new website (https://ddbi.biz). I'm not sure if that will work because the software is still the same. Will update.

17 hours ago, moonlite_55 said:

I did about 30 minutes ago. They want you to download it from a new website (https://ddbi.biz). I'm not sure if that will work because the software is still the same. Will update.

UPDATE!!! The software got deleted 4 hours ago. Downloading it from the new website didn't work. Exactly what I thought. New website...same software. The problem is that Play Protect detects the software so Flexispy Staff will have to come up with another solution. 

On 4/5/2019 at 8:33 PM, moonlite_55 said:

I can't find where to do that (Google Play Protect storage and clear data).

When I try to disable Google play store and tap the command, there is a message: restore the app to it's factory settings, giving me two choices: cancel or restore. There is no choice of simply disabling it. If I restore to the factory settings, won't it update in a while to the latest version and have the same results we are trying to avoid? It will detect flexispy again

• Dakota pinned and unpinned this topic