Google Play Protect Issue

DC1077

I installed the new version yesterday and it's still working. The previous version would have been unistalled by Google at around 8 to 9 in the morning. It's noon at my country and it is still working. We' ll see what happens later in the day. The message from support stated that I don't have to deactivate the licence, just uninstall the previous version.

I installed the latest version last night and it stopped working about 3:30-4:00 this afternoon. That is the time that it has been stopping. Has it worked for anyone one else. The phone is a Samsung S8+ running on Android 8.0.0. Any advice would be appreciated.

On 4/1/2019 at 4:11 PM, baktus22 said:

I opened a ticket and asked for help from support. You can see above what need to be done in order to install the app. Pay attention that accordin to support no need to deactivate the account just delete the old version, if it is still on the target (which i dont think it is, as play protect must have deleted it) restart and install. Please let us all know if it is working for you as well. I will have access to the target only in 2 days so i can't do it immediately.

I installed the new version 24 hours ago and it is still working...ambient, call recording, key logs, etc. 

6 hours ago, dsecaott said:

I installed the latest version last night and it stopped working about 3:30-4:00 this afternoon. That is the time that it has been stopping. Has it worked for anyone one else. The phone is a Samsung S8+ running on Android 8.0.0. Any advice would be appreciated.

Bad news, as mine is also s8 oreo and i'll get hold of it today. Has someone else faced same problem with galaxy s8 running oreo 8.0?

3 hours ago, baktus22 said:

Bad news, as mine is also s8 oreo and i'll get hold of it today. Has someone else faced same problem with galaxy s8 running oreo 8.0?

Can you please check if the service "Magnify Text" under "Accessibility" has been switched off by Play Protect?

Play Protect is switching of the Large Keyboard for Keyboard logging. Then when I go into phone to reinstall. I check Play Protect and even through Scanning is off it shows that it deleted com.android. I tried turning Scan on, shutting phone off, turning back on let it scan and then switch it off before installing again. At this point I don't know what is left. I may just have to not renew this year since I am close to renewing. I am at a loss. 

3 minutes ago, dsecaott said:

Play Protect is switching of the Large Keyboard for Keyboard logging. Then when I go into phone to reinstall. I check Play Protect and even through Scanning is off it shows that it deleted com.android. I tried turning Scan on, shutting phone off, turning back on let it scan and then switch it off before installing again. At this point I don't know what is left. I may just have to not renew this year since I am close to renewing. I am at a loss. 

are you sure that you installed the updted version, 3.5.4?

I heard from tech just now and they think the old binary or even some cache in the storage may still be in the device somehow. They want to make sure I uninstall com.android. (I did ask how since it was no longer in the APPS menu since Play Protect uninstalls it?) Then go to Google Play Protect storage and clear data. Then make sure my notifications are turned off in Google Play store (already have done that). After I reinstall it go to Battery-unmonitored apps-add apps and choose com.android.  If it deletes again today I will try this tonight. 

2 hours ago, dsecaott said:

I heard from tech just now and they think the old binary or even some cache in the storage may still be in the device somehow. They want to make sure I uninstall com.android. (I did ask how since it was no longer in the APPS menu since Play Protect uninstalls it?) Then go to Google Play Protect storage and clear data. Then make sure my notifications are turned off in Google Play store (already have done that). After I reinstall it go to Battery-unmonitored apps-add apps and choose com.android.  If it deletes again today I will try this tonight. 

2 hours ago, dsecaott said:

Could you write the way to clear play protect storage and notifications?

6 hours ago, dsecaott said:

1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Store -> Storage -> CLEAR DATA.

2. Go to Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Store -> Notifications  and toggle the ON option at the top to OFF

Thank you very much, I've done that and then reinstalled the app. We' ll see what happens now

21 hours ago, baktus22 said:

On two other phones installed another famous software with android 6.1 and 7.0, Play Protect has not removed it but alert the user and blocks it.
Hence no data transmitted to the server.
The new version of PLAY PROTECT is the guilty!
Flexispy must be updated ASAP.

Ok, the situation for right now is as follows: last evening i installed the new version of the app, 3.5.5, after i looked for traces of the old one, which i didn't find. Before installing,  i cleared all cache from play store app. As for it is working, lets see for how long...

Got bad news for everybody. I installed the software (version 3.5.4) on the target device about 3 days ago. WORKED perfect until 6 hours ago. Google Play Protect deleted again. There was a new Google Play update installed (automatic installation) last night. Obviously it detected Flexispy again.  

19 hours ago, baktus22 said:

Ok, the situation for right now is as follows: last evening i installed the new version of the app, 3.5.5, after i looked for traces of the old one, which i didn't find. Before installing,  i cleared all cache from play store app. As for it is working, lets see for how long...

Got bad news for everybody. I installed the software (version 3.5.4) on the target device about 3 days ago. WORKED perfect until 6 hours ago. Google Play Protect deleted again. There was a new Google Play update installed (automatic installation) last night. Obviously it detected Flexispy again. The target device is a Galaxy A5 (2017), OS 7.0.

When did the 3.5.5 version come out? I'm to receiving any notifications that new versions are available!

9 hours ago, Brutus66 said:

I'm more and more convinced that also Google Play Services has an important role to check the phone for malicious apps...I'd like to know if this happens also on more dated phones with android 6 or 7

Mine is Android 7 and it is happening also. 

1 hour ago, moonlite_55 said:

Got bad news for everybody. I installed the software (version 3.5.4) on the target device about 3 days ago. WORKED perfect until 6 hours ago. Google Play Protect deleted again. There was a new Google Play update installed (automatic installation) last night. Obviously it detected Flexispy again. The target device is a Galaxy A5 (2017), OS 7.0.

When did the 3.5.5 version come out? I'm to receiving any notifications that new versions are available!

I installed it 36 hours ago. Still working on s8 oreo 8.0. What i dont get is how come  only half a dozen people are writing here and complaining about google play? What about the other thousands of cutomers? They are not facing the same problem?

• Dakota pinned and unpinned this topic