Turn GPS on/off

Dromos

I have seen from past threads that this is a common request (no surprise here) but because of technical reasons, this is not feasible yet? There are any updates on this, just so there is no back and forth with others in the future, it seems (for the layman) an easy request. If it is not possible could you give a layman's answer to, why is not possible?

Could you create a function that will notify us when the target phone leaves a specific WiFi, I am sure this would be a useful feature for many (WiFi from day job for example). Even better (if its possible) to detect a phone's location from nearby WiFis? Thanks.

Setting an alert when the target phone connects/disconnects from a specific WiFi I believe would be interesting for many... You can get the WiFI used in a house/office and then see when the phone is there or not... Maybe is just me, but I have the gps turned off, due to battery consumption, and checking from a WiFi can give benefits.

Hi,

I'll look at this now and let you know shortly. I don't see this being a problem, I just don't remember ever being asked for it. We would probably add it into our Geo Fencing alert system. We could also send the alerts using our FlexiVIEW apps.

Architect

Awesome! It would be great if you would implement a suggestion of mine that would be useful to others too. It would be useful to know if the person I am interested in leaves her office during her business hours. Or what time leaves the house in the morning and so on... With a predetermined schedule may not all information can be found in messages. You can just know if a person is really at the office, home etc. or took a break.

Do you provide IP information that could be helpful in getting an estimation about the location of the target phone?

According to your experience, what % of people turn their gps off?

Is Flexispy shown in the apps that make use of the gps connection? Probably not... But there is not a reason not to ask anyway

I  have no knowledge about this, but possibly got it. Somehow is not feasible to override the user's manual selection if the gps is turned on on off, but what is the signal that the gps app is getting to switch on or off, is not a different kind of signal that would trick Android that the user touched the screen to switch gps on or off? I am sure is not feasible (or really difficult) just my musings.

Thanks!

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Patrick33